Appomattox & Union

Gridiron60

2 minutes ago, Plywood_King said:

I've got the same problem. Tried logging out and logging back, uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. I can't even unsubscribe to keep it from billing me because it says I'm not subscribed to a plan. It automatically charged me yesterday for this month's subscription.

Is there a place for customer options or something similar? I think that’s where I had to go in maybe. 

6 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Is there a place for customer options or something similar? I think that’s where I had to go in maybe. 

Yeah, no such luck. Logged out and back in with no changes. The same thing happened last month when it billed me; it told me I didn't have a subscription over the weekend and then started working again on Monday. Since @THS6805 contacted customer service and hasn't gotten a reply, I would guess that they don't have anyone staffed to process payments over the weekend, which puts anyone who gets charged on Friday in limbo for the weekend. Pretty frustrated about it. Here's to hoping that we can get to see games in person this fall, because I'm not continuing with the network either way.

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Watched the first half of this game. Was really impressed with the sportsmanship number 4 for Appo was showing. 

Watching some of their games this year I noticed their sportsmanship several times. Pretty impressive. Appomattox Football kinda reminds me of Grundy Wrestling. When you go to Grundy for the Aggie Skeens or a dual there's not a person there that doesn't treat you like family. By the time you get back to Oakwood you realize everyone on the team got pinned in the first or second round and you somehow have a smile on your face because of how nice they are.

4 hours ago, Plywood_King said:

Yeah, no such luck. Logged out and back in with no changes. The same thing happened last month when it billed me; it told me I didn't have a subscription over the weekend and then started working again on Monday. Since @THS6805 contacted customer service and hasn't gotten a reply, I would guess that they don't have anyone staffed to process payments over the weekend, which puts anyone who gets charged on Friday in limbo for the weekend. Pretty frustrated about it. Here's to hoping that we can get to see games in person this fall, because I'm not continuing with the network either way.

I sent a message last night bc I want to watch a game and no reply today. I'm kinda mad bc I didn't watch any games and u done paid my monthly subscription.

Not much to say about this game other than Appo had speed that Union didn't.

Very proud of our young line and the way we moved the ball. Unfortunately, we just couldn't match up with their backs once they hit the 2nd level.

Can't coach speed and it's very hard to coach against it. 

Appreciate the seniors on the team and happy they got at least a partial season. To all the players that will be back in the fall, hit the weights, run track, work hard, don't give up, don't give in, and take a tremendous amount of pride in knowing that you accomplished more than expected and you will be even better in August!

Good luck to Appomattox next week, and thank you for the great sportsmanship. You have a great team!

11 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Not much to say about this game other than Appo had speed that Union didn't.

Very proud of our young line and the way we moved the ball. Unfortunately, we just couldn't match up with their backs once they hit the 2nd level.

Can't coach speed and it's very hard to coach against it. 

Appreciate the seniors on the team and happy they got at least a partial season. To all the players that will be back in the fall, hit the weights, run track, work hard, don't give up, don't give in, and take a tremendous amount of pride in knowing that you accomplished more than expected and you will be even better in August!

Good luck to Appomattox next week, and thank you for the great sportsmanship. You have a great team!

To be very honest i was very fearful of playing against Union. Union has really come together as a team at the right time to peak. Due to the rain i knew the team with the least fumbles was going to win the game plain and simple. Fumbles gave Appo momentum and they rolled with it and kept Union having to play catch up. Kinda sorta glad the game was not on a dry field as stopping Union's run attack might have been harder if they were able to get better traction on the field. Union is going to be a force to reckon with this fall, they are young and very tough, i fully expect to face them this fall in the playoffs. Congrats to Union players you guys are true champions. 

5 hours ago, oldfool said:

To be very honest i was very fearful of playing against Union. Union has really come together as a team at the right time to peak. Due to the rain i knew the team with the least fumbles was going to win the game plain and simple. Fumbles gave Appo momentum and they rolled with it and kept Union having to play catch up. Kinda sorta glad the game was not on a dry field as stopping Union's run attack might have been harder if they were able to get better traction on the field. Union is going to be a force to reckon with this fall, they are young and very tough, i fully expect to face them this fall in the playoffs. Congrats to Union players you guys are true champions. 

The Raiders scoring on their first play from scrimmage set the tone early. I thought Union responded well with the ensuing drive...until the fumble. I saw the energy on the Appo side and the deflation on the Union side. That told me how the rest of the game was going to go. Haha

One more thing...we sincerely appreciate that. If you don't care, let us win next time though. 😁

Edited by Union_Fan

Union had several plays in that game that went for 10-15 yards where if it had been anyone else those plays are 30+ yards or touchdowns. The speed Appomattox had erased any big play potential for Union.

As others mentioned, the early fumbles did not help, but there was no way the Bears were winning that game. They showed up a year ahead of schedule, a lot broke right for them, hopefully they build off the experience and are back in the fall with a chance to compete at this level.

Weight room work will be key for Union. Appo backs were very physical and generally did not go down on first contact, running through several tackles. The 2020-21 athletic year was the year Union caught everyone by surprise (basketball and football). They won't catch anyone by surprise next year, football has expectations, the volleyball team returns everyone, girl's basketball returns everyone and boy's basketball will be the preseason regional favorite. Be fun to watch to see how these kids respond.

1 hour ago, BSGSportsFan said:

Union had several plays in that game that went for 10-15 yards where if it had been anyone else those plays are 30+ yards or touchdowns. The speed Appomattox had erased any big play potential for Union.

As others mentioned, the early fumbles did not help, but there was no way the Bears were winning that game. They showed up a year ahead of schedule, a lot broke right for them, hopefully they build off the experience and are back in the fall with a chance to compete at this level.

Weight room work will be key for Union. Appo backs were very physical and generally did not go down on first contact, running through several tackles. The 2020-21 athletic year was the year Union caught everyone by surprise (basketball and football). They won't catch anyone by surprise next year, football has expectations, the volleyball team returns everyone, girl's basketball returns everyone and boy's basketball will be the preseason regional favorite. Be fun to watch to see how these kids respond.

As well as a cross country bunch that just placed 3rd at state with zero seniors.  Also the defending state wrestling champion and newly crowned All-American (crazy for a freshman to win state and then place 5th in the national championships) Thomas Potter and 3rd place finisher Satterfield. It's a great time for the athletic programs at Union. What a mighty fine year we've had.

2 minutes ago, Unchained said:

As well as a cross country bunch that just placed 3rd at state with zero seniors.  Also the defending state wrestling champion and newly crowned All-American (crazy for a freshman to win state and then place 5th in the national championships) Thomas Potter and 3rd place finisher Satterfield. It's a great time for the athletic programs at Union. What a mighty fine year we've had.

Correct. Hopefully softball and baseball can surprise, track should be good, they always are.

8 hours ago, oldfool said:

If I were Appomattox i think I would try to win 3A this fall you'll get no arguments from anyone in 2a that's for sure lol!!!

On 4/24/2021 at 6:13 PM, Mountain Football said:

Watching some of their games this year I noticed their sportsmanship several times. Pretty impressive. Appomattox Football kinda reminds me of Grundy Wrestling. When you go to Grundy for the Aggie Skeens or a dual there's not a person there that doesn't treat you like family. By the time you get back to Oakwood you realize everyone on the team got pinned in the first or second round and you somehow have a smile on your face because of how nice they are.

Appo is all class. For me, it's impossible to not like em even if you tried. Lots of fans hate or dislike winning teams unless you are a fan of that winning team, but Appo makes it super tough to do that. Their kids on the field and their coaches do it with class and dignity. They're humble winners and just never seem to big headed even with all the success. That's a reflection of their leadership.

Watched the game on NFHS. The final margin was about what I thought it'd be, but Union moved the football better than I thought they would. If they could have cut out the turnovers, it would have been a little closer, but they had no answer for the speed of Appomattox. Great season for the Bears though, and hopefully they can use it as a springboard to the upcoming fall season. 

4 hours ago, BSGSportsFan said:

Correct. Hopefully softball and baseball can surprise, track should be good, they always are.

Not sure about baseball but softball is gonna be a rough year.  The whole team that didn't get to play last year were all seniors and this group will be all freshman and sophomores

On 4/25/2021 at 8:59 PM, goose111874 said:

Not sure about baseball but softball is gonna be a rough year.  The whole team that didn't get to play last year were all seniors and this group will be all freshman and sophomores

They only have about 10 out as well I believe for the team.  Two other freshmen who would have helped picked soccer instead also.

You always have a chance when Dave Wyrick is coaching a team.  Im not sure what baseball returns but I have a lot of respect for Coach Wyrick and the teams he coaches.

8 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

They only have about 10 out as well I believe for the team.  Two other freshmen who would have helped picked soccer instead also.

You always have a chance when Dave Wyrick is coaching a team.  Im not sure what baseball returns but I have a lot of respect for Coach Wyrick and the teams he coaches.

Yeah my niece chose soccer i was hoping she was gonna play softball but didn't i kinda hate soccer but I guess I'll go watch anyway.

19 hours ago, goose111874 said:

Yeah my niece chose soccer i was hoping she was gonna play softball but didn't i kinda hate soccer but I guess I'll go watch anyway.

I wasnt expecting last nights baseball results.  I kind of thought softball might go that way instead. 

Baseball is a skill sport, even the best players have to work at getting their eye / hand coordination back(Bo Jackson, Dion Sanders)!often said it was easier going from baseball to football than vise versa. Union has what 2 days between football then to baseball? It may take several games/practices to get the baseball grove back, so it will be fine