state semis - Spring '21

VHSLhelper

Football: Salem 21, Tuscarora 7 at the half of a VHSL 4A State semifinal #LoCoFootball

Halftime: Raiders kick a 40 yard field goal as time expires. Appomattox 31 Union 6
great state

GO UNION...('Fessing' up, I've been to family reunions in Appomattox)

Class 2 state semis. Poquoson's Karon Smith finishes HS career with a bang. Dazzling 81-yard run, followed by one-yard score. Stuarts Draft 44, Poquoson 13 - 4Q :22

Stuarts Draft 44 Poquoson 13 Final

Class 2 state FB SEMI - Stuarts Draft 44, Poquoson 13 - FINAL

Final: Stuarts Draft 44, Poquoson 13. Draft will host the Class 2 state championship game next Saturday against either Appomattox or Union (looking very much like Appomattox). #VHSL
great state

2 minutes ago, trublue said:

Halftime: Raiders kick a 40 yard field goal as time expires. Appomattox 31 Union 6

That’s even more ugly than I thought it would be.  It’s almost as if Union got generationally lucky to get to this point...

10 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

That’s even more ugly than I thought it would be.  It’s almost as if Union got generationally lucky to get to this point...

Maybe they just beat the teams in front of them too until today...guess you're happy you finally picked the outcome of a union game right

20 minutes ago, trublue said:
Final: Lord Boty 24, Liberty Christian Academy 22 

great state

Liberty Christian? I was always under the impression that the VHSL didn't allow privates to compete with public, at least in the playoffs. I haven't lived in VA in over 30 years though, so I guess I missed that. 

Massaponax gets 7-yard gain. Next play QB Luke Morley throws incomplete pass. Panthers facing fourth-and-4 from the Oscar Smith 24. It comes down to this play. Injury on the field. Oscar Smith 21, Massaponax 14

Tae'Ron Richardson with the INT and that's the ballgame. Oscar Smith wins and is headed back to the Class 6 State Championship!

great state

23 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

Liberty Christian? I was always under the impression that the VHSL didn't allow privates to compete with public, at least in the playoffs. I haven't lived in VA in over 30 years though, so I guess I missed that. 

Liberty Christian Academy successfully won an antitrust lawsuit against the VHSL

https://wset.com/archive/lca-vhsl-settle-lawsuit-bulldogs-to-join-virginia-high-school-league