state semis - Spring '21

VHSLhelper

46 minutes ago, BoBob said:

Unfortunately there are times she’s is using those lungs and not representing our program in a positive way and we just hang our heads. 

Fortunately my hearing is worse than i care to admit as i cannot recognize what she is yelling. I'm focused on the game and tend to block the crowd noise out but have heard alot of complaints about her. But as you already said she does not represent Appo in the way we desire. 

9 hours ago, goose111874 said:

I don't think Union is better than Graham and Central but we won so who cares whose better.  We can't help you guys had players out and some partied the night before and can't help Central fumbles 4 times.  We had 5 turnovers today and it wouldn't of mattered if we had zero we still couldn't stop Appomattox on offense

Union was better the day it mattered...so they were better

10 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

It’s not the excuses, which there can be none after getting drilled into the earth’s mantle.  It’s the steadfast refusal of 95% of them to admit they got a generation’s worth of breaks to get to that point.  It’d be like an 11-seed getting blown out in the Final Four, but still actually believing they were truly the best team in their Region over the course of the season.  

Lest we forget that, 2 short weeks ago, it was a majority opinion here (not me, but others) that Ridgeview would have beaten Union.  There’s yet another fortuitous bounce that went Union’s way.

Surely those fans, with 13 titles in their history, can see that.  Surely.  I’m happy for the young men who earned the right to play in this game, but the fans ruined the mood here, which would have been heavy support.

I see heavy support on here save you acting like a 9-year old with a glass full of sour grapes. Seriously dude let it go. The vast majority of folks on here (even the Graham fans) have been nothing but classy,but as they say there's always gotta be one. Congrats on being "that guy".. BTW given Ridgeview's monumental struggle blowing a big lead and almost losing to a Blues team in turmoil thinking that they were a sure bet to beat Union was foolish. Lest folks forget that Graham got their fair share of breaks in the Union game,but everyone sees that minus you of course.

47 minutes ago, oldfool said:

Fortunately my hearing is worse than i care to admit as i cannot recognize what she is yelling. I'm focused on the game and tend to block the crowd noise out but have heard alot of complaints about her. But as you already said she does not represent Appo in the way we desire. 

She was the only classless one on that visitor's sideline. By listening to her mouth though I felt some pity. No doubt the 5th grade was the best 3 years of her life.

8 hours ago, BigWinners said:

A generation's worth of breaks? Clown shoes. The gap between the teams isn't that large, Union matches up excellently v. Graham and Wise kept turning it over. Generational breaks lolol. 

Let's examine the "generational" upset at Graham:

First downs: Union-14   Graham-9

Total yards: Union-343      Graham-225

Rush: U-303     G-138

Pass: U-40   G-87

Turnovers: U-1     G-0

Penalties: U-8/81.  G-9/85

Union had one more turnover, basically even penalty yards, OUTGAINED GRAHAM BY 100+ yards, rushed for over 300 yards and yet somehow that's catching generational breaks. That is absolutely insane. 

Brass tax: you were mad you were so wrong about Union basketball (and you were exceptionally wrong) and are now trying to create this generational narrative stuff to justify being exceptionally wrong again. It's blatantly  obvious.

EDIT-Somehow I deleted a paragraph. Union was fortune. No one is disputing that in the slightest. They didn't have to play RV and made it in. But the framing of it as some once in a lifetime, never before seen upset run is what's just not true. There would need to be a sizable gap between the three teams for that to be true and there is not, no matter how many times you say it. 

Oh and on the last point, every other Graham fan of note, all the Wise guys, etc... expressed their support for Union. I can show you the posts. The only person actively rooting against them was you. But I'm gonna do you a favor since I've proven what I've been saying without a shadow of a doubt; I'm never gonna bring it up again. I'll never quote you and take a dig, no more subtle jabs or backhanded compliments, nothing about all this, because there's no need. With your help, I've proven my point emphatically. 

Easy there brother. Logic scares guys like that:). EXCELLENT post!

Union had an incredible run in the playoffs. A play or two different in the first round and it would have been one and done. But a play or two didn’t happen in the first round and here Union was. 

Let’s just give credit where it’s due.