Galax vs Holston

Optimal62

4 minutes ago, trublue said:

Not football related...but a great day for a Lady Tornado now at VT

Virginia Tech freshman Mac Osborne (Richlands) pitched three scoreless innings of relief with two strikeouts today in softball game vs. Notre Dame. She has a 2.67 ERA in 12 outings. #LocalsInCollege #ACC

great state

New she was gonna be a good one.  Got to witness her vs. Union for 3 years striking everyone out

3 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

With a little luck riverheads will go to D2 sometime in the next 50 years where they should be.

But no keep beating up on the little brothers and pound your chest like you have done something

Sounds like your getting tired of getting your A$$ handed to ya ! LMAO

26 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

Sounds like your getting tired of getting your A$$ handed to ya ! LMAO

Excuse me but my team was one of the 2 teams in 2A that stomped your asses before you ran to D1 with D2 enrollment to beat up on the little brothers....glenvar was the other team...don't come on here talking shit when you have no idea what you're talking about

Good on Holston and congrats to Galax. It's been a long time since the Cavs' state tournament runs under Matlock, and they've been the underlings of the Hogo for longer than they'd like to admit. Hope this gives them some experience to stay competitive the next couple of years. Good to see one of the lower enrollment VHSL schools swing above their weight class, and hopefully the Tide can pull the upset against Riverheads.

Congratulations to Holston on a great year. Very inspiring team, especially, after watching the interviews this week. They played Galax tougher than most thought they could.

Good luck to Galax next week as the Tide make another state finals  appearance in search of their 2nd championship.

9 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Excuse me but my team was one of the 2 teams in 2A that stomped your asses before you ran to D1 with D2 enrollment to beat up on the little brothers....glenvar was the other team...don't come on here talking shit when you have no idea what you're talking about

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Giles just do the same thing?

11 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Technically yes. However, Giles is trying to consolidate and has been. At least they are trying to stay up and compete. 

17 minutes ago, Andersonj829 said:

Technically yes. However, Giles is trying to consolidate and has been. At least they are trying to stay up and compete. 

We aren't going to consolidate because the other end of the county will refuse to do it but no doubt in my mind that should have been done years ago

10 hours ago, goose111874 said:

New she was gonna be a good one.  Got to witness her vs. Union for 3 years striking everyone out

Probably the most dominant high school softball hurler I have seen. Tincher from James River who went to VT if I recall right was an ace,but Mac was better IMO.

10 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

But no keep beating up on the little brothers and pound your chest like you have done something

Sounds like you back in the day when you all were beating up on Narrows. Times do change

8 minutes ago, RCITYHOO said:

Sounds like you back in the day when you all were beating up on Narrows. Times do change

Yeah but we were both in the class we should have been in we weren't lying about anything big difference and times change for 2 years let's see what happens going forward

Hats off to Holston, their defense flew to the ball all night. The quarterback was as advertised. He was a very smooth runner and passer. That long pass down the middle was a thing of beauty. 

On the other side of the ball, Pickett is a beast when running the ball 

2 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Giles numbers are much lower than Riverheads and have been for a while.  Giles should have been 1A for a while now compared to Riverheads.

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Yeah but we were both in the class we should have been in we weren't lying about anything big difference and times change for 2 years let's see what happens going forward

Riverheads has a special program.  Their future is good.   Giles has bucket-loads of talent in the 6th through 9th grade levels.  In 2-3 years, Giles will be making deep playoff runs again.

1 hour ago, Fairlawncat said:

Riverheads has a special program.  Their future is good.   Giles has bucket-loads of talent in the 6th through 9th grade levels.  In 2-3 years, Giles will be making deep playoff runs again.

Yeah we have talent 6-9 grades and a lot of those freshmen played this spring...got some experience

The thing with consolidation that the folks that want it always seem to forget to mention is that the County is still on the hook for over a million on the financing used to update all of the schools 20 years ago.  Asbestos abatement at all that needed it, HVAC installed which already need upgraded or replaced in some schools, major expansion to Narrows EMS that was old, outdated, and crowded.  I could keep going.  It won't happen now, no matter how bad they, or just dipshit Stevie, want it because the County and it's taxpayers can't afford it.  But, I've beat this horse like a speed bag for years now.  End of the day, it all boils down to the admin at Giles being a dumpster fire, still is in places like AD, for far too long to the point that it was and still is a part of Narrows' enrollment going up from the 170s in the mid to late 90s to where it is now, in the 260s generally now, over the last 20 years.

8 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

The thing with consolidation that the folks that want it always seem to forget to mention is that the County is still on the hook for over a million on the financing used to update all of the schools 20 years ago.  Asbestos abatement at all that needed it, HVAC installed which already need upgraded or replaced in some schools, major expansion to Narrows EMS that was old, outdated, and crowded.  I could keep going.  It won't happen now, no matter how bad they, or just dipshit Stevie, want it because the County and it's taxpayers can't afford it.  But, I've beat this horse like a speed bag for years now.  End of the day, it all boils down to the admin at Giles being a dumpster fire, still is in places like AD, for far too long to the point that it was and still is a part of Narrows' enrollment going up from the 170s in the mid to late 90s to where it is now, in the 260s generally now, over the last 20 years.

Agree on the AD part...he is useless

They could combine schools I understand and not call it consolidating and could get by with it that way...but honestly at this point I don't care anymore...should have been done long ago...but wasn't

Not a stevie fan huh

47 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Agree on the AD part...he is useless

They could combine schools I understand and not call it consolidating and could get by with it that way...but honestly at this point I don't care anymore...should have been done long ago...but wasn't

Not a stevie fan huh

Would you please stop.  You have an excuse for everything.   If you think you can beat Riverheads please except another game.  Very few will  will play us, that is why we are playing LB next year.  Would you do that?

3 minutes ago, Pride said:

Would you please stop.  You have an excuse for everything.   If you think you can beat Riverheads please except another game.  Very few will  will play us, that is why we are playing LB next year.  Would you do that?

What the hell are you talking about