Galax vs Holston

Optimal62

2 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

What the hell are you talking about

I apologize if I came on on the wrong the wrong thread, but if I'm not mistaken all I've seen from you is the disrespect to RHS.   I've been following this board for many years but I've just now joined.

4 minutes ago, Pride said:

I apologize if I came on on the wrong the wrong thread, but if I'm not mistaken all I've seen from you is the disrespect to RHS.   I've been following this board for many years but I've just now joined.

Just think they should be 2A where they belong...has nothing to do with a giles-narrows discussion

1 minute ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Just think they should be 2A where they belong...has nothing to do with a giles-narrows discussion

Respect for the Giles Narrows rivalry.   However RHS didn't petition to go down in classification and no we didn't lie about our numbers.   If I bogarted the wrong thread sorry,  please start a new one so we can have a proper discussion. 

Just now, Pride said:

Respect for the Giles Narrows rivalry.   However RHS didn't petition to go down in classification and no we didn't lie about our numbers.   If I bogarted the wrong thread sorry,  please start a new one so we can have a proper discussion. 

Ok whatever you say

7 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Yeah we have talent 6-9 grades and a lot of those freshmen played this spring...got some experience

9 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

Riverheads has a special program.  Their future is good.   Giles has bucket-loads of talent in the 6th through 9th grade levels.  In 2-3 years, Giles will be making deep playoff runs again.

well when they have about 200 more students than most single A's to get athletes from well there you go. VHSL needs to step in and make them move up. 

2 minutes ago, GDUB said:

well when they have about 200 more students than most single A's to get athletes from well there you go. VHSL needs to step in and make them move up. 

not sure about Auburn and their dominance in volleyball ,VHSL needs to step in count those kids ! Give me a break ! Giles goes down to what ?

5 minutes ago, GDUB said:

Been playing up for years just not in playoffs.  Will glad to share records against 2a and 3a if you wish 

33 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Please share your 2A playoff record please

If I remember correctly 7 wins 4 losses.   2 losses against state  champs, 1 against a runner up and and an oops.   Mostt would be happy with that.

12 minutes ago, Pride said:

If I remember correctly 7 wins 4 losses.   2 losses against state  champs, 1 against a runner up and and an oops.   Mostt would be happy with that.

True but no titles...now 1A tons of titles...hmmmmm interesting

1 minute ago, Hokiebird7 said:

True but no titles...now 1A tons of titles...hmmmmm interesting

Would we have won as many, no,  but would have won a few, yes.  Play  what VHSL tells you.  Again numbers were not fudged.

13 minutes ago, Pride said:

Would we have won as many, no,  but would have won a few, yes.  Play  what VHSL tells you.  Again numbers were not fudged.

Right....I know people in the area so I know what's going on....but...would you really have won any at all? Could y'all beat appomattox? Haha good luck with that

Just now, Hokiebird7 said:

Right....I know people in the area so I know what's going on....but...would you really have won any at all? Could y'all beat appomattox? Haha good luck with that

I'm from the area and I know the numbers more than your friends.  Could we beat Appo.?  Yes, not always,  but yes we can.

4 minutes ago, Pride said:

I'm from the area and I know the numbers more than your friends.  Could we beat Appo.?  Yes, not always,  but yes we can.

Whatever you say...no way to know for sure the REAL numbers...but the vhsl is gutless so it don't matter

4 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Whatever you say...no way to know for sure the REAL numbers...but the vhsl is gutless so it don't matter

Ok then, let them agree to a regular season game 

9 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

Riverheads can not get any schools 1A , 2A , or  3A  in or around Augusta Co. other than District teams to play them. They have to travel across the state to find a school to play !

With as many on here who know the Bluefield WV program — you’ll be hard pressed to find too much sympathy. 
They’ve had to travel to multiple states to field full schedules in the past. 

On 4/24/2021 at 6:09 PM, Hokiebird7 said:

Agree on the AD part...he is useless

They could combine schools I understand and not call it consolidating and could get by with it that way...but honestly at this point I don't care anymore...should have been done long ago...but wasn't

Not a stevie fan huh

All I'll say is this:  I've seen more than couple of kids that are sons of close friends lose their love of competitive sports because of him and how he treats people.  I'm also privy to a fair bit of information that I won't share or go into here because it's A) not my place and B) not my business but let's just say that once again, we agree on the subject matter and a change in that office chair would benefit Giles HS greatly.

9 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

All I'll say is this:  I've seen more than couple of kids that are sons of close friends lose their love of competitive sports because of him and how he treats people.  I'm also privy to a fair bit of information that I won't share or go into here because it's A) not my place and B) not my business but let's just say that once again, we agree on the subject matter and a change in that office chair would benefit Giles HS greatly.

Trust me I've known him for many years and he is the same now and he was in HS...and I'm sure I know everything you aren't stating so it's no shock to me...I'll say this and this is a strong statement me being a huge giles supporter but if he ever gets the head coaching job at giles me along with a bunch of friends/die hard giles supporters will never attend a giles football game as long as he is head coach