Galax @ Riverheads

Red Rabbit

On 4/27/2021 at 11:31 AM, Real Sasquatch said:

Is anybody going to talk about the game or is this thread going to be one big complaint after another?  If I wanted complaints, I would go visit my mother in law.

Galax in an upset.

Let's get back to  the game, if Galax wins I'm not sure I see that as much of an upset.   It comes down to  who has the better defense night(day). I think the Galax defense can stop Riverheads running attack better than Riverheads can stop Galax's passing. 

Back to the game discussion....a lot of talk about Galax winning this game....I don't see it, I really don't see it being within 14-21 points.  I have seen both teams play most of their games (Thank you NFHS). I know both teams have played well below their capability the last few weeks.  However, I just don't think Galax will have any answers to the running attack of RH; they rarely ever have a negative play.  I think Galax will be able to move the football passing the ball, but, a bad snap, a sack, a poorly thrown ball, or dropped pass and then Galax is behind the sticks (I know they completed several long 3rd downs vs. Narz, but Narz isn't RH.)  I also do not think a week is enough time for Galax's defense to be well prepared for RHs offense.  You can say they've seen it in the past and may have even worked on their Defensive scheme for RH in the weeks leading up to this; but you cant replicate it at practice.  One of the biggest factors we have yet to really see this season is what happens when Galax gets down by 2 TDs or so; Dixon isn't the man leading the show now, will the kids respond to Coach Allan like they would have for Dixon....I've seen glimpses of frustration during games when things weren't going smooth for Galax and kids acting out differently this season vs. years past.  I think Galax needs the Odds stacked in there favor for this one to have a chance and from what I can tell they aren't.  RH has the same coach on the sideline, they are on their home field, they run the football as well as any team in the state, they are a top defense in the state, they won last year.  The way I see it......RH-45 Galax-14    

Just now, 44cov3 said:

Back to the game discussion....a lot of talk about Galax winning this game....I don't see it, I really don't see it being within 14-21 points.  I have seen both teams play most of their games (Thank you NFHS). I know both teams have played well below their capability the last few weeks.  However, I just don't think Galax will have any answers to the running attack of RH; they rarely ever have a negative play.  I think Galax will be able to move the football passing the ball, but, a bad snap, a sack, a poorly thrown ball, or dropped pass and then Galax is behind the sticks (I know they completed several long 3rd downs vs. Narz, but Narz isn't RH.)  I also do not think a week is enough time for Galax's defense to be well prepared for RHs offense.  You can say they've seen it in the past and may have even worked on their Defensive scheme for RH in the weeks leading up to this; but you cant replicate it at practice.  One of the biggest factors we have yet to really see this season is what happens when Galax gets down by 2 TDs or so; Dixon isn't the man leading the show now, will the kids respond to Coach Allan like they would have for Dixon....I've seen glimpses of frustration during games when things weren't going smooth for Galax and kids acting out differently this season vs. years past.  I think Galax needs the Odds stacked in there favor for this one to have a chance and from what I can tell they aren't.  RH has the same coach on the sideline, they are on their home field, they run the football as well as any team in the state, they are a top defense in the state, they won last year.  The way I see it......RH-45 Galax-14    

Sadly, I think this is the most likely result here.  I have no idea where all the Galax love is coming from, because I’m simply not seeing this game being closer than 3 scores.

On 4/27/2021 at 10:06 PM, rsntu88 said:

1. I have seen the Riverheads campus. It’s easy to find. It’s near the Edelweiss German Restaurant (exquisite place by the way). 

2. Don’t do the short bus jokes. They’re not funny. You are giving Riverheads a bad reputation. I am certain that other Riverheads fans would feel embarrassed to see you acting like that. 

3. I hope you are just some overly rambunctious fan. I would hate it if you were a player, embarrassing your teammates like that. Either way, I would not be shocked if Galax players were looking at the forum right now, taking screenshots and printing your comments to use as motivation. 

The truth is I am tired of the accusers of Riverheads  cheating  with student numbers and should be 2A along with the other crap . My son has had enough and therefor I will fight fire with fire ! When they stop I will .

8 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

The truth is I am tired of the accusers of Riverheads  cheating  with student numbers and should be 2A along with the other crap . My son has had enough and therefor I will fight fire with fire ! When they stop I will .

I don’t know about the numbers bit. 

But a lot of the animosity from Region D toward Riverheads may come from about 15 years ago. 

35 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

2 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

If y’all are that offended by people insinuating that the VHSL leaks ADM numbers to Central Virginia and Shenandoah Valley school districts, then I’d hate to see what happens when you face real, honest-to-God adversity.

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

If y’all are that offended by people insinuating that the VHSL leaks ADM numbers to Central Virginia and Shenandoah Valley school districts, then I’d hate to see what happens when you face real, honest-to-God adversity.

There ya go !

6 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

You talking about Burton getting robbed?

Was there for this.  Can say it was better it happened in that game and not to the loser of the first game.  Those officials would've needed every cop in the joint to leave the field.  I've seen both of us in this county do it.

1 hour ago, Optimal62 said:

Someone shed some light on this for us that are clueless please   lol 

This would probably explain it better than I could.

https://www.timesnews.net/sports/after-having-state-title-snatched-away-for-burtons-stewart-the-memory-remains/article_6489dea8-5fd1-52d4-8911-963c2c91fd84.html

11 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

Was there for this.  Can say it was better it happened in that game and not to the loser of the first game.  Those officials would've needed every cop in the joint to leave the field.  I've seen both of us in this county do it.

No doubt about that lol

1 hour ago, Pride said:

I reallly like taking football but it is really hard to talk football with some of you guys.  The victim mentality is too strong.   

Victim mentality? Dude, just stop while you’re behind. 

22 hours ago, Pride said:

So you are blaming the school on a controversial call?

am not blaming anyone but the referees. 

The facts are that the controversial should not have been made. There was no reason to flag Burton’s QB for a celebration that never happened. Because the guy tossed the ball to the ref. 

And when a team gets robbed on a controversial call, said team becomes bitter toward the team that benefits from it, believing that they got an undeserved chance to win. 

That is just how it is. 

33 minutes ago, rsntu88 said:

am not blaming anyone but the referees. 

The facts are that the controversial should not have been made. There was no reason to flag Burton’s QB for a celebration that never happened. Because the guy tossed the ball to the ref. 

And when a team gets robbed on a controversial call, said team becomes bitter toward the team that benefits from it, believing that they got an undeserved chance to win. 

That is just how it is. 

He don't want to listen to reason...he will disappear after about Sunday