Galax @ Riverheads

Red Rabbit

12 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

JIB had another chance to score after getting the ball on a on side kick ,  but like a fish bone they choked. Lot of fish in SWVA /

Well there are lots of bodies of water in SWVA, like lakes and rivers, so yeah there would be lots of fish. 

Secondly, Burton’s chance to score after the onside kick wasn’t the point. It was a bad call that even the VHSL said shouldn’t have been made. 

16 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

JIB had another chance to score after getting the ball on a on side kick ,  but like a fish bone they choked. Lot of fish in SWVA /

$&@k  Riverheads!!  We could’ve played with y’all today and we’ll see ya in Dec.

15 minutes ago, 44cov3 said:

Lol there’s no one in single A playing RH; sorry That_Guy I’ll bring you back to earth.

Our D-line was pretty strong this year. We could’ve believe me!! 

Just got back home. No cell service whatsoever in Augusta County. A blind squirrel could have seen this outcome. Riverheads is three deep at every position. Galax simply didn’t have the bodies to stay with them. 

Proud of the effort Galax put forth. Those kids never gave up!

24 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Just got back home. No cell service whatsoever in Augusta County. A blind squirrel could have seen this outcome. Riverheads is three deep at every position. Galax simply didn’t have the bodies to stay with them. 

Proud of the effort Galax put forth. Those kids never gave up!

It was a good game early,  if Galax would have passed more early,  I think it could have been a different ballgame.   The  Qb and wide receivers are very good.

Riverheads is a bad outfit.   Just no way around it.  Appo and Riverheads would be one heck of game I would love to see.   Also, Appo is so good its crazy.  They can win a low scoring game, a blowout, or a game in the 40's for both teams, just a gifted ability to win in any way, shape or form.  Their constant formula seems to be great run offense, win the turnover battle, and win the special teams play.  It's a one constant that is seemingly always present with Appo.  Riverheads, well, they just seem to beat the heck of people, but can win the same way like a low scoring game against Draft.

39 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Riverheads is a bad outfit.   Just no way around it.  Appo and Riverheads would be one heck of game I would love to see.   Also, Appo is so good its crazy.  They can win a low scoring game, a blowout, or a game in the 40's for both teams, just a gifted ability to win in any way, shape or form.  Their constant formula seems to be great run offense, win the turnover battle, and win the special teams play.  It's a one constant that is seemingly always present with Appo.  Riverheads, well, they just seem to beat the heck of people, but can win the same way like a low scoring game against Draft.

That Appo/Draft game was fun to watch. Im surprised Draft stayed as close as they did with the number of miscues they had. They never gave up. You're right, it seems no matter what the score is Appo finds a way to win. That speaks volumes for their players and coaches. 

All in all I'm glad the kids got to play football. Good luck to all the seniors in your future endeavors. 

On 4/30/2021 at 10:37 PM, Hokiebird7 said:

Boy we can't wait....maybe by then you will man up and play D2 where you belong...but I doubt it...keep beating up on little brothers

We will do our best,  maybe we can meet up at Tazwell next year.  Be safe everyone.  I'll check in from time to time so you won't miss me.

2 minutes ago, Pride said:

We will do our best,  maybe we can meet up at Tazwell next year.  Be safe everyone.  I'll check in from time to time so you won't miss me.

Congrats on your D2 title...oh I mean D1...don't have the nads to play teams with similar enrollments...my bad

You won't be missed...neither of your names

12 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Congrats on your D2 title...oh I mean D1...don't have the nads to play teams with similar enrollments...my bad

You won't be missed...neither of your names

During our hiatus please seek some help,  anger us not a good thing for anyone.   Maybe we can start over next year and talk about football. 

37 minutes ago, Pride said:

During our hiatus please seek some help,  anger us not a good thing for anyone.   Maybe we can start over next year and talk about football. 

If you are in D2 where you belong we sure can ..but you're gonna beat up on little brothers yet again I'm sure

Would like to see how they would do against upper tier of region d,  tazewell played them tough. Don't know the enrollment but just guessing they're not doing anything wrong say like, manassas park. Jumped how many on the last reclassification? 

Riverheads is just plain old tough,  all around. 

9 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Would like to see how they would do against upper tier of region d,  tazewell played them tough. Don't know the enrollment but just guessing they're not doing anything wrong say like, manassas park. Jumped how many on the last reclassification? 

Riverheads is just plain old tough,  all around. 

They had a freshman RB that scored 4 touchdowns against Galax and a sophomore QB & WR that connected for 3 touchdown passes. Doubt they’re going anywhere for a while.