rushing stats for mnt. 7

jarhead24219

No I haven’t, just seen parents posting on book of face, the reason I asked was this I seen both Central backs along with Adkins and Lucas as first team and Lomax left on 2nd. I may be wrong but I think that Lomax had more yards except for Lucas??? Really not sure though

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

No I haven’t, just seen parents posting on book of face, the reason I asked was this I seen both Central backs along with Adkins and Lucas as first team and Lomax left on 2nd. I may be wrong but I think that Lomax had more yards except for Lucas??? Really not sure though

Lucas had less than 600 yards rushing for the season. How many did Lomax have?

35 minutes ago, Warriors_XO said:

Lucas had less than 600 yards rushing for the season. How many did Lomax have?

Does that include the two playoff games? Lomax shows 1100+ on Hudl, I don’t know if it’s correct , and Lomax had 1 more playoff game and at least 1 more regular season game . Big winner may have the stats

1 minute ago, jarhead24219 said:

Does that include the two playoff games? Lomax shows 1100+ on Hudl, I don’t know if it’s correct , and Lomax had 1 more playoff game and at least 1 more regular season game . Big winner may have the stats

Yeah all total Lucas had 558 I believe. He had 43 yards vs central, and the playoff with Carroll he didn't carry the ball, so he had zero then. 

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

I'll find them in just a bit, don't have them off hand

Here's what I've got @jarhead24219 :

Lee: 11 rush, 127 yards, 3 TD

GC: 26-157-2

Battle: 18-149-2

Wise 1: 24-109-1

Wise 2: 115 yards

Graham: 29-137-2

Abingdon: 17-65-1

Eastside: 57-1 

Appomattox: 154-3

So for the season, I have him at 1,069 yards and 15 TD.  Averages of 118.7 yards per game and 1.6 TD/game

I couldn't find carry totals for every game and may have missed a TD but I believe yards are correct. Great year, he could have added 100 more against East side but he didn't get touches. Only Abingdon and Eastside held him under 100. 

52 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Here's what I've got @jarhead24219 :

Lee: 11 rush, 127 yards, 3 TD

GC: 26-157-2

Battle: 18-149-2

Wise 1: 24-109-1

Wise 2: 115 yards

Graham: 29-137-2

Abingdon: 17-65-1

Eastside: 57-1 

Appomattox: 154-3

So for the season, I have him at 1,069 yards and 15 TD.  Averages of 118.7 yards per game and 1.6 TD/game

I couldn't find carry totals for every game and may have missed a TD but I believe yards are correct. Great year, he could have added 100 more against East side but he didn't get touches. Only Abingdon and Eastside held him under 100. 

Great job

3 hours ago, JDHoss said:

Remember when the local papers had detailed rushing, passing, scoring and defensive stats for individual players as well as teams? 🤔

To be fair that's where I got those. Just went back and re-read the game stories from KTN and BHC and luckily all mentioned Lomax's yards. I do wish we got a detailed box score, but I know some teams aren't as quick to share the stats they keep and in a COVID year not as many papers could send guys to every game. when I covered games, I'd attempt to keep the general stats myself but it's much easier if the teams are willing to share the stats they keep with you. I can live with no defensive individual stats, those are much harder to keep real time if you're trying to go do both teams.

10 hours ago, Warriors_XO said:

The good old days. Not hard to do, but people are lazy these days. And probably don't want to "hurt feelings" by posting stats....

Spoken by someone who clearly has never tried to keep stats at a high school football game. 

It’s not “easy to do”, and without the teams actually keeping their own stats and sharing them — it’s gonna be impossible for a paper who may cover 30+ teams to keep up with all of them and only 3 people on staff. 

29 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Spoken by someone who clearly has never tried to keep stats at a high school football game. 

It’s not “easy to do”, and without the teams actually keeping their own stats and sharing them — it’s gonna be impossible for a paper who may cover 30+ teams to keep up with all of them and only 3 people on staff. 

It’s pretty stinkin’ hard, speaking from experience.  Pen and paper is only so accurate.  Teams may or may not have their own devoted statisticians, and stats can vary significantly between impartial observers.

9 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

It’s pretty stinkin’ hard, speaking from experience.  Pen and paper is only so accurate.  Teams may or may not have their own devoted statisticians, and stats can vary significantly between impartial observers.

Exactly. I tried it for one game when I was on one of the radio teams for Blacksburg. I got tired of it after 1 quarter. Couldn’t call the game and do stats. Luckily, @rvtne216 was the stats guy for the other broadcast and would print me a copy of theirs. 

15 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Spoken by someone who clearly has no idea what I've done over the years.

Sonny, I was responsible for the keeping of and reporting stats when you were still in diapers 😂 (Just kidding)

I'm trying to figure out why you assumed I had never done something that you have done, just because you think it's difficult? That doesn't make sense. And how are you so sure that it's "clear" to you that I had never reported stats? Because I think it's easy? Confusing. I think doing backflips is hard. But just because I think it's hard doesn't mean it's hard for everyone

KEEPING stats and REPORTING stats are 2 different things. One is much easier than the other, but they are both easier now than they have ever been.

Keeping stats is so much easier to do these days than it was 10-15 years ago. Obviously you are looking at it from the perspective of someone who is trying to keep stats AND announce a game (I assume so based on your mentioning of the radio team), which I absolutely agree would be difficult, especially when you are using the old way of pen and paper.

Can I point you in the direction of some technological advancements that have made the keeping of stats so much easier, such as Daktronics, Turbostats, Teamsnap, Hudl, etc? People actually take advantage of these programs coupled with devices such as laptops and tablets....so much easier than the old pen and paper way... 

And the reporting of stats is so much simpler now that in years past. At one time, believe it or not, a person had to take their stats that they had recorded on paper and use a facsimile machine, or a telephone, to send their stats in. Now, one click sends your software's stat sheet to multiple news outlets at once... easy to do. Much easier to do than it used to be.... but you say it's hard? Maybe for a radio guy trying to do multiple things with little or no help, but not for a statistician.

And you say the teams don't have people keeping their own stats... why is that? They have for years and years. What changed? 

And don't assume I blame this on the newspaper staff.... maybe the issue is with these teams that you know of who "are not keeping their own stats and reporting them"? Why wouldn't they be reporting them? What is more difficult now than 20 years ago?

Let's say that all the stats are getting reported by every team, what has changed for these newspapers that the collection and reporting of these stats on a weekly basis is too hard now, but wasn't so hard 15 years ago? Staffing issues?