Brody

RCITYHOO

• 1 month later...

59 minutes ago, Gfan said:

I have a feeling UVAObserver will be very happy. 

I’d be shocked if I weren’t.  🙂

I’m not saying this because it’s looking good for my school, but I think he’s a good fit for our program.  The areas in which he needs improvement, we do well in developing.  

2 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Did Tech even look at Meadows?  If not, they are nuts.  

Does Tech football even give any players from SWVA serious consideration anymore? If so, not many. That's one of my pet peeves with Bluefield College as well, recruiting local talent or lack of making recruiting local talent a priority. 

My Hokies have for about 15 years, lagged behind in SWVA and Central VA in recruiting kids early. In the 90s, VT was all over it.  VT missed on 2 likely future NFL players right now in Scruggs from Appo who will probably be a first or second team All American this year at Liberty and drafted in round 4. Cam Allen at Purdue, from Graham, an upcoming junior will likely be a 2nd team All Big 10 player this year. He will get drafted after his senior year. These are just two examples of VT failures.

Another example is Graham"s Bradshaw. It's obvious, he's going to be a star. He's that good and grew up an hour from VT, and as usual, Tech is worrying about leftovers from Southern Oklahoma and Texas instead of building pride and dedication from it's local High Schools and High School Coaches which would help its long term recruiting. Since about 2005, and especially since 2010, VT is a Titanic in the last 2-3 hours of float time in local recruiting and football prowess compared to where it once was, and we Hokies did this to ourselves. Nobody to blame.

5 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

UVA gave Brody an offer in 9th grade. It was obvious that was where he was going from day one. VT and others had no real chance.

After the first sentence, I was preparing myself for the usual Hokie joke about them pulling their offer that they've been notorious for over the years. 

2 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

After the first sentence, I was preparing myself for the usual Hokie joke about them pulling their offer that they've been notorious for over the years. 

My point was that there never was a recruitment of Brody Meadows. He knew where he was going from day one. No other school ever had a chance. EVERY time I have ever talked to him or heard others talk to him it has ALWAYS been UVA and UVA alone. VT may have dropped the ball from time to time as stated but they never ever had a chance to even carry the ball in this case. The young man simply wanted to go to UVA from the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...