I was goin to Arizona maybe on to California,
Where the people all live so fine,
My baby said I's crazy,
My momma called me lazy,
I was goin to show em all this time,
Cause you know I ain't no fool,
An I don't need no more schoolin,
I was born to just walk the line,

Sorry, got sidetracked.  What were we talking about?

I don't believe in superstars
Organic food and foreign cars
I don't believe the price of gold
The certainty of growing old
That right is right and left is wrong
That north and south can't get along
That east is east and west is west
And being first is always best

But I believe in Lee
I believe in Coach Carroll too
I believe in "five years and see"
And I believe in you

2 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

And the entire reason Don Williams came back was because that team was loaded.  1998 they were even better but injuries and IMO poor coaching cost them.  Williams was too long in the tooth at that point to win at the level Lee was capable of at that time.

Only lost to defending D2 champ and eventual D2 champ PV by three after losing by 40 in 97.

In 97, Lee lost five games. They were to the D1 champ, the D2 champ, the D3 champ, Grundy by two and VHS before winning six in a row and falling to Heritage in OT. 

Heritage, the D4 runner up, lost to champ Spotsylvania by nine after beating Lee by three. The D1 champ beat Lee 15 points. The D2 champ beat Lee by 40 lolol. I'm not sure the D4 champ would have beaten the D2 champ. The only one score game all year was against the D1 champion, who had also beaten the D3 champ that year. The D1 and D2 champs also both won on the road against the D3 champ.

My point, I'm not so sure the D1 and D2 champs in 97 weren't the two best teams in VA for every division under D5. 

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Only lost to defending D2 champ and eventual D2 champ PV by three after losing by 40 in 97.

In 97, Lee lost five games. They were to the D1 champ, the D2 champ, the D3 champ, Grundy by two and VHS before winning six in a row and falling to Heritage in OT. 

Heritage, the D4 runner up, lost to champ Spotsylvania by nine after beating Lee by three. The D1 champ beat Lee 15 points. The D2 champ beat Lee by 40 lolol. I'm not sure the D4 champ would have beaten the D2 champ. The only one score game all year was against the D1 champion, who had also beaten the D3 champ that year. The D1 and D2 champs also both won on the road against the D3 champ.

My point, I'm not so sure the D1 and D2 champs in 97 weren't the two best teams in VA for every division under D5. 

97 was ridiculous for the area.  Blessed to have been apart of it even though the tail kicking Appy gave us wasn't something I look too fondly back at. It was a time period that will be hard to match for talent as a whole.

32 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

97 was ridiculous for the area.  Blessed to have been apart of it even though the tail kicking Appy gave us wasn't something I look too fondly back at. It was a time period that will be hard to match for talent as a whole.

Were you starting for that game? Prob not one your body remembers fondly if so lol

On 5/21/2021 at 10:04 PM, BigWinners said:

Were you starting for that game? Prob not one your body remembers fondly if so lol

Oh the stories surrounding that game......and none of them are positive haha.  Yes, I started.  Played awful.  They were the better team no doubt about it.  We were capable of a better showing but they were head and shoulders better than us.

• 1 month later...

On 7/4/2021 at 5:42 PM, Lee2000 said:

Anyone have some inside knowledge on the summer program and players for this year.  What does coach carroll have on the go for building the program?

I am sure he already has them in the weight room busting their tails and getting faster. Carroll play football and ran track in college, one of his biggest keys to success is maxing out a kid speed potential. I do not know if if can happen in 2 months but give them a full offseason and you will see a big change. He is for sure trying to teach those kids how to run a true spread offense. When they did try to spread it out last year it was well not good. In there defense its hard to switch back and forth between 4 wide and split back deuce. 

Lee has 0 speed, thats where the biggest change needs to happen (they're physical, strong, and big). That's been the biggest thing holding them back from a player ability stand point. 

They will struggle in a spread offense for a year or two but they did have success in it for a few seasons when Pendergraft was there im sure Carroll will have them competitive in time

1 hour ago, redtiger said:

Lee has 0 speed, thats where the biggest change needs to happen (they're physical, strong, and big). That's been the biggest thing holding them back from a player ability stand point. 

They will struggle in a spread offense for a year or two but they did have success in it for a few seasons when Pendergraft was there.if sure Carroll will have them competitive in time

They had some success throwing the ball deep again GC now those where not the best corners in the league by any stretch but he can for sure scheme some people open and hurt people in the air some. The formations may look different but the mind set is the same run the ball to open up the pass