Brian Lee/ Lee High

BigDon2024

Well if it doesn't involve Brian Lee, there will be a lot of unhappy people. He had a spectacular run at Thomas Walker. Several district championships. If he would have had another player or two, possibly some state championships.

47 minutes ago, BigDon2024 said:

Well if it doesn't involve Brian Lee, there will be a lot of unhappy people. He had a spectacular run at Thomas Walker. Several district championships. If he would have had another player or two, possibly some state championships.

Am I missing something here?  His best record at TW was 6-5 on 3 occasions (2008, 2009, 2011).  Each one of those seasons ended in a playoff shellacking.  He went 1-9 in his only season at Eastern Montgomery, and the news of his departure hit papers before he had a chance to tell his players.  He lasted 1 game at John Battle.  

Unless this is in fact Brian, in which case: Hello!

1 minute ago, UVAObserver said:

Am I missing something here?  His best record at TW was 6-5 on 3 occasions (2008, 2009, 2011).  Each one of those seasons ended in a playoff shellacking.  He went 1-9 in his only season at Eastern Montgomery, and the news of his departure hit papers before he had a chance to tell his players.  He lasted 1 game at John Battle.  

Unless this is in fact Brian, in which case: Hello!

Observer, I think you may be onto something!

This isn't Brian. I just knew he had won some district titles at TW. Didn't know about the Eastern Montgomery stuff. I didn't mean to rub anybody the wrong way. Just throwing out what I heard. Where is the person from you are hearing about OldCat? Just know that it will be hard to get anyone to take that job. Brian seemed to do alot at TW with not a lot to work with. As far as John Battle, not sure what happened there. Heck, even Bobby Petrino (Falcons)  and Nick Saban (Dolphins) left jobs early. It happens sometimes.

I personally believe it is going to be tough for anyone to walk in and fix it right away.  The people are going to have to be patient and supportive of the new guy.  I am not sure anyone in Lee County wants to hear that. 

4 minutes ago, BigDon2024 said:

This isn't Brian. I just knew he had won some district titles at TW. Didn't know about the Eastern Montgomery stuff. I didn't mean to rub anybody the wrong way. Just throwing out what I heard. Where is the person from you are hearing about OldCat? Just know that it will be hard to get anyone to take that job. Brian seemed to do alot at TW with not a lot to work with. As far as John Battle, not sure what happened there. Heck, even Bobby Petrino (Falcons)  and Nick Saban (Dolphins) left jobs early. It happens sometimes.

I have talked to two folks who don't make a habit of spreading false rumors, both live in Pennington.  Lee has a big fish on the line and hopefully they get him all the way into the boat.  Would be a great hire by anyone's standards.  We'll see how it plays out.

So what you are saying Falconfan1 is that the Lee High job is going to be like the Tennessee job? Fans want it fixed overnight and it is going be an ongoing rebuild forever? Lol. Just messing with you. All kidding aside if lots of players are going to Union, somehow the new coach needs to get them to stay home.

This individual would be able to keep them at home and over time would make Lee an attractive destination for others.  We'll see how it goes.  Hopefully what I'm hearing is accurate and things come together.  Would be a big boost for the school and community

5 minutes ago, BigDon2024 said:

So what you are saying Falconfan1 is that the Lee High job is going to be like the Tennessee job? Fans want it fixed overnight and it is going be an ongoing rebuild forever? Lol. Just messing with you. All kidding aside if lots of players are going to Union, somehow the new coach needs to get them to stay home.

I am definitely not one of those fans.  I would like to see Lee become competitive again and I do think it is a shame when kids can't stay and help be a part of the solution to a problem.  Can't always run to the greener pastures all of the time.  It takes a lot of pride and hard work to fix something that is broken.

It will take TN time, that I do know. 

13 minutes ago, BigDon2024 said:

Considering how fast coaches are fired at Lee, who would trust them enough to leave a good job and come be the head coach? One would have to consider that before taking the job.

You make a great point.  I'm not promising anything.  Just hopeful that what I've been told comes to fruition.  Would be a big boost for Lee, and I think a boost for the District as a whole.

Is Mance wanting to come back to the area? Maybe Colobro out of retirement? The old guy from Haysi? The guy from Clintwood? Maybe Jeremy Pruitt? There is a McDonald's in town where he could get bags to help recruit the players away from Union!!! 

I still think Brian Lee has the best shot from what I am told. If it happens, just remember you heard it here first!

Good point Union Fan. Maybe Old Cat will spill the beans soon and let us know! My sources say one thing. His say another. Time will tell but in my honest opinion Brian is the right man for the job. So what if his past couple of jobs didn't go as planned? He won 3 district titles at TW. Give him the players Lee had thru the years and it would have been 3 state titles.