Brian Lee/ Lee High

BigDon2024

40 minutes ago, BigDon2024 said:

You seem to have lots of records at your disposal

www.fourseasonsfootball.com     There is a wealth of knowledge on there, EVERY football game in SWVA from the beginning of time until now and basically every game in the state. I know WV, KY, and TN are also well covered. Just pick a state, a team, and go wild 

Just now, redtiger said:

www.fourseasonsfootball.com     There is a wealth of knowledge on there, EVERY football game in SWVA from the beginning of time until now and basically every game in the state. I know WV, KY, and TN are also well covered. Just pick a state, a team, and go wild 

Thanks for the tip Redtiger! 

Just now, UVAObserver said:

I keep seeing the word “dominant”, but I’m not sure it’s being used correctly.

Being a UVA fan, not sure you have ever had a chance to use that word! Hokies 4Life!

1 hour ago, BigDon2024 said:

Big Winners, TW was dominant during the Cody Cain years. Not sure what years that was but that is when Brian Lee had the train rolling down the tracks. 3 District titles is pretty good. Lots of other schools would like to have that. As far as TW not having been successful before, I think they had some dominant teams during the 90's. You seem to have lots of records at your disposal, check on TW vs Appy during those days. I think they met a few times during the playoffs and TW gave them all they wanted (with Brian Lee on the staff I might add!). TW might have been the second best team in the state during those days.

As far as Lee High losing 4 times to Burton, no surprise there! Heck, you and I could go get 9 people from Heritage Hall to play with us and probably beat Lee High! The Lee High job reminds me of the movie Hoosiers when that lady in the movie was talking to Coach Dale. She says "If anybody comes here, they are either running away from something or they've got no place else to go." Going to be tough to get anyone to take that job.

Not Lee High, Brian Lee. He was 0-4 against Burton and TW as a school never beat them (0-17)

And TW met Appalachia six times. They were 0-6, lost by an average of 30 points per game and never lost by less than 20 points. One playoff meeting, 1996, Appalachia won 48-8

http://fourseasonsfootball.com/va.html

Find TW and you can find records by year or by opponent

I'm not trying to down anyone or talk shit, just bringing a little factual basis to the discussion. In no year I can find was TW a legit state title contender. One playoff win in history over Ervington then Appalachia rolled them. Lee had some very successful years at TW for their history for sure but they were never legit threats to the best teams.

53 minutes ago, TwhscoachT said:

Cody Cain was an amazing D-1 Athlete with the offers to show for it, 0 doubt in that. Man ran a 10 100 and a 21 200. 

However using the records. Cody's career was 2010 (5-5)  2011 (6-5) 2012 (1-9) and 2013 (1-9).  

The Respectable years for TWHS were 1991 (8-3) 1992 (10-1) 1996 (10-2) 2008 (6-5) 2009 (6-5) 2011 (6-5) 2017 (6-5) 2018 (7-4). 1996 was the lone Playoff win vs Ervinton only to meet Tom Turner and the Bulldogs. 

What we currently have is consistency as Head Coach and the makings of a sustained .500+ Program, something that has never been accomplished at TWHS. That is something to grow on and I am proud of the improvement that is taking place within the Football Program. 

Agreed, TW is in very good shape now and is headed the right way. 

50 minutes ago, BigDon2024 said:

Being a UVA fan, not sure you have ever had a chance to use that word! Hokies 4Life!

8 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

And the Hokies have?😂

0 NCAA team national titles since June 20, 1872.  0 is also the exact number of times VPISU has ever been ranked #1 in any AP, Coaches’, or other ranked poll in any NCAA team sport.  A Hokie fan lecturing anyone about dominance is rich.

32 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

0 NCAA team national titles since June 20, 1872.  0 is also the exact number of times VPISU has ever been ranked #1 in any AP, Coaches’, or other ranked poll in any NCAA team sport.  A Hokie fan lecturing anyone about dominance is rich.

But they do have this!

https://twitter.com/emptytrophycase?lang=en

14 minutes ago, RichlandsAlum said:

Ad from WRFX radio station in Charlotte circa 1990:

"The competition says we suck.  We'd just like to thank them for listening."

Didn't John Boy and Billy come up with that line way back before they were a national show?  

18 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Didn't John Boy and Billy come up with that line way back before they were a national show?  

Yep.  First time I heard it I was passing through on my way to the beach.  Thought it both funny and applicable to a variety of other interactions.

When they first started talking about syndication, I thought JB&B would be very popular in the markets back home.  Also had the same hunch about Taco Bell -- but I'm still waiting for the local franchise owners in SW Virginia to find a way to introduce cornbread into the offerings along with refried beans..  

40 minutes ago, RichlandsAlum said:

Yep.  First time I heard it I was passing through on my way to the beach.  Thought it both funny and applicable to a variety of other interactions.

When they first started talking about syndication, I thought JB&B would be very popular in the markets back home.  Also had the same hunch about Taco Bell -- but I'm still waiting for the local franchise owners in SW Virginia to find a way to introduce cornbread into the offerings along with refried beans..  

99.7 The Fox was one of the few radio stations we could pick up in Fries that played something other than bluegrass or gospel.  Brings back a lot of memories.

18 hours ago, sixcat said:

99.7 The Fox was one of the few radio stations we could pick up in Fries that played something other than bluegrass or gospel.  Brings back a lot of memories.

The Fox (and JB&B in particular) was my listening choice for my morning commute back when I worked in Uptown Charlotte.  Many times I would laugh out loud at particular lines while stuck in traffic and notice several other motorists around me doing the same.

21 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Not Lee High, Brian Lee. He was 0-4 against Burton and TW as a school never beat them (0-17)

And TW met Appalachia six times. They were 0-6, lost by an average of 30 points per game and never lost by less than 20 points. One playoff meeting, 1996, Appalachia won 48-8

http://fourseasonsfootball.com/va.html

Find TW and you can find records by year or by opponent

I'm not trying to down anyone or talk shit, just bringing a little factual basis to the discussion. In no year I can find was TW a legit state title contender. One playoff win in history over Ervington then Appalachia rolled them. Lee had some very successful years at TW for their history for sure but they were never legit threats to the best teams.

And some of those Appy games could of been a lot worse. 

On 5/6/2021 at 2:13 PM, BigDon2024 said:

28-0 The equivalent of Alabama and Clemson football now in various sports over the years.  Meanwhile Blacksburg's never seen a 1 by their name ever in anything.  You'd be better off being a Vol in that part of the country...  Gobble Gobble

22 hours ago, sixcat said:

The greatest laugh I ever had from JB&B...   They switched it up from Dumb Crook News to Dumb Cop News one time.  One of the stories they found and talked about was when the Cheif of Police (aka the only cop of) the town of Rich Creek was in the restaurant his wife run because something happened that required the law to show up.  TL/DR, he gets knocked out by a guy with a peg leg by said the man using said peg leg to smack him upset the head.  Just one of the many Keystone Cop stories surrounding the police in Giles Co.

5 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

28-0 The equivalent of Alabama and Clemson football now in various sports over the years.  Meanwhile Blacksburg's never seen a 1 by their name ever in anything.  You'd be better off being a Vol in that part of the country...  Gobble Gobble

29.  Women’s S&D won this year.

17 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

Yawn. Y’all ever get tired of being repetitive and boring? Get some new material. The jokes worn out, Mr. Foxworthy. 

18 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

The greatest laugh I ever had from JB&B...   They switched it up from Dumb Crook News to Dumb Cop News one time.  One of the stories they found and talked about was when the Cheif of Police (aka the only cop of) the town of Rich Creek was in the restaurant his wife run because something happened that required the law to show up.  TL/DR, he gets knocked out by a guy with a peg leg by said the man using said peg leg to smack him upset the head.  Just one of the many Keystone Cop stories surrounding the police in Giles Co.

Great friend of mine, 1 leg or 2 you didn't want any of him. They asked the cop why he didn't take the weapon and he said that he wouldn't of had a leg to stand on in court. The BIG C was only thing that could whip that man.

8 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Yawn. Y’all ever get tired of being repetitive and boring? Get some new material. The jokes worn out, Mr. Foxworthy. 

Spitting facts, not jokes.  Only joke is your athletic department and history of.  Get ya another supreme court case for keeping football players eligible after being accused of sexual assault just to have a winning record with a Bill Synder football schedule.