It's been a fun ride!!

BoBob

Well my years as a "Raiders Football Dad" have come to an end. Kind of a big pill to swallow for sure!
My oldest son graduated in 2018 and finished his years as a Raider with a 54-3 record and accumulated three championship rings along the way.
My youngest son will graduate this year. He finished his years as a Raider with a 47-5 record (senior year only had 6 games) and accumulated three championship rings along the way.

As a Raider Dad over the past 6 years I've watched my boys be part of a program that has gone 77-5!! What a blessing!! Even more so than the record is the fact that they got to play under Coach Smith and his staff (Coach Stephan Castello serving as interim HC this year). They pushed these kids to be their best and spent countless hours preparing to help their teams be ready to compete. Coach Smith has gone well beyond football with the boys and for many of them (mine included) is a pillar for them to have faith in for the future.

During this time I've enjoy two trips to Big Stone Gap and had the privilege of witnessing an awesome OT game against Richlands in 2015. 

8 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Good luck to you and your family going forward. Pretty amazing what the Appo football team has accomplished in recent years. Dominance to say the least. I hope you continue to contribute on here. Yourself and the other Appo fans have always been classy. 

Appreciated! I’ve always enjoyed the forum and getting opinions from y’all!

We’ve had some great games and I look forward to more. 

3 hours ago, BoBob said:

Congratulations. You have every reason to be proud. 

You all are a class act. 

On 5/4/2021 at 12:56 PM, BoBob said:

You have been blessed,  never forget the times you've had