KEVIN SAUNDERS

jarhead24219

SO, i was reading the morning that KEVIN SAUNDERS (FORMER JJ KELLY, GRETNA COACH)had parted ways with GILMER HIGH SCHOOL as football coach.He has a reputation for rebuilding former powerhouse programs including GA. PEBBLEBROOKE H.S (6A). I havent seen anything about a new school or if he wants to coach again.RICHLANDS could be well served to contact this coach as he is a proven winner, but $$$$$ may be an issue, as he was making 6 figures to coach in GA.

Every Richlands Blue Tornado Head Football Coach is given a Gold Card to show to Richlands area business. 

Free Meals, Free Booze... Hell, I think you can even have a funeral for free with that card. 

That has to be well over 6 figures in worth. 

1 hour ago, cityofRaven said:

Every Richlands Blue Tornado Head Football Coach is given a Gold Card to show to Richlands area business. 

Free Meals, Free Booze... Hell, I think you can even have a funeral for free with that card. 

That has to be well over 6 figures in worth. 

& CMT Sporting Goods in Salem 😏

7 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

There is a reason he don't stay at a school very long...very good coach no doubt but as a human being not so much

My brother was working on a construction project close to the JJK practice field back when Saunders was there. He said he didn't know how Saunders hadn't been attacked by his players or parents.

10 hours ago, JDHoss said:

My brother was working on a construction project close to the JJK practice field back when Saunders was there. He said he didn't know how Saunders hadn't been attacked by his players or parents.

He's a straight up asshole...his brother matt is a good dude....night and day

2 hours ago, RCITYHOO said:

Kevin is old school and most parents and kids can't handle that. if you want a very good program Kevin would be a great get but ya need to be ready for some feelings getting hurt.

Good coach... POS human being

2 hours ago, RCITYHOO said:

Kevin is old school and most parents and kids can't handle that. if you want a very good program Kevin would be a great get but ya need to be ready for some feelings getting hurt.

It always amazes me when people say “x is a great coach but is old school”. All that means is that x was once successful in a certain time and place, but is unable to adapt.  

4 hours ago, RCITYHOO said:

My brother was (RIP) an old school guy. He also knew an asshole when he saw one. It's possible to be "old school" and not be an asshole too. 

28 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

My brother was (RIP) an old school guy. He also knew an asshole when he saw one. It's possible to be "old school" and not be an asshole too. 

only 1 person is calling him that. I always like Kevin but I might fit into the rumor mill of a Ahole as well.

1 hour ago, RCITYHOO said:

only 1 person is calling him that. I always like Kevin but I might fit into the rumor mill of a Ahole as well.

I know him, matt and their sister and 2 of the 3 are good people...some may like him and that's fine cause I'm sure people like him...but to each their own

He is a winner,he expects boys to be men or on there way to being a man, did he cures-yes, grab a kid by the facemask-yes, did he let little johnny's parent tell him "little johnny should play because I GAVE THE PROGRAM $$$$, ---NO.HE is better suited for kids that have seen a lot worse than a coach raising his voice at practice.I would dare to say that if JJ KELLY or CENTRAL would have kept SAUNDERS that they may have had a ring or two

10 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

It always amazes me when people say “x is a great coach but is old school”. All that means is that x was once successful in a certain time and place, but is unable to adapt.  

Not necessarily true.  Some, like Kevin, are old school and still a great coach.  

Never met Kevin, I've only heard things.  Matt I coached with years ago and have seen when we've played Radford.  Matt has always been a great guy who is very passionate about his football.   

You can be "old school" and be successful.  I would even say that some of these kids now days need some "old school" in their lives. 

19 minutes ago, swvafbrespect said:

If you walked into your place of work today and your superior told you you sucked and proceeded to cuss you out so you would be motivated to work hard that day is that considered old school?

If it is, player interest will erode over time.  Everybody wants their son to play for Bobby Knight until the son becomes the next Neil Reed!

I don't know Saunders but have officiated games he was involved in while at Gretna.  Based on that experience, he's not someone I would choose to get to know.  

1 hour ago, swvafbrespect said:

If you walked into your place of work today and your superior told you you sucked and proceeded to cuss you out so you would be motivated to work hard that day is that considered old school?

That's really more of a Wednesday kind of thing in my place of work.  But I digress...