2021 football season is almost here.

Real Sasquatch

37 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I haven’t heard of any 7 on 7s but the one mentioned above at Honaker. Where are some of the ones taking place & who’s going? I know In the past Richlands has hosted one. 

I only know of a few that's scheduled, nothing definite of course.  For June Tazewell will host Bland and possibly two other teams, July has two in Galax.

6 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Yes. Sometimes there are 7 days between games. But once a year there is something like 250 days between games.

And once a lifetime there's something like 440 days between games. Well, at least in Virginia

I did go figure and when you add the people of NOVA, the I95 corridor, and Tidewater it dwarfs the rest of the state. These are people that are so woke that they never sleep. They lay awake thinking of ways to be even more woke. Pretty soon our days will be 25 hrs long so they can be woke an hour longer every day. LOL. But really, the numbers speak quite clearly.

The only way out is to form a new state. But that is almost impossible because you have to have the permission of the state that you are leaving and Congress.  So how did WV leave VA?  Since VA had succeeded President Lincoln authorized the formation of the new VA government in Wheeling, VA. This new government immediately approved the succession of WV from VA then promptly dissolved since there was no longer a State of Virginia to govern. Part was now WV and the other part was no longer part of the Union. So you basically have to get the permission of the very people that you are trying get away from in order to leave in Virginia. Then if that miracle happens you have to get the approval of Congress. You really think Pelosi will let that happen?

1 hour ago, Bluefield researcher said:

I did go figure and when you add the people of NOVA, the I95 corridor, and Tidewater it dwarfs the rest of the state. These are people that are so woke that they never sleep. They lay awake thinking of ways to be even more woke. Pretty soon our days will be 25 hrs long so they can be woke an hour longer every day. LOL. But really, the numbers speak quite clearly.

The only way out is to form a new state. But that is almost impossible because you have to have the permission of the state that you are leaving and Congress.  So how did WV leave VA?  Since VA had succeeded President Lincoln authorized the formation of the new VA government in Wheeling, VA. This new government immediately approved the succession of WV from VA then promptly dissolved since there was no longer a State of Virginia to govern. Part was now WV and the other part was no longer part of the Union. So you basically have to get the permission of the very people that you are trying get away from in order to leave in Virginia. Then if that miracle happens you have to get the approval of Congress. You really think Pelosi will let that happen?

The trick is to get NOVA to form a new state with D.C.   They'd willingly do that. 

Problem is, long term, Virginia would be in the same boat as now, large urban centers dominating the rural areas, in a few decades

2 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

FFS, nobody gives a damn about y'all fluffing yourselves over politics.  Take it to the soapbox.

Thank you. Can we please leave politics out of the football threads? All it’s doing is diving is further. Calling someone a “dumbocrate” or a “racist republican” does absolutely nothing good and takes away from what this board is about. 
If you want to talk politics — please go to the political forum so those of us who are tired of politics can keep from seeing it. 

15 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Thank you. Can we please leave politics out of the football threads? All it’s doing is diving is further. Calling someone a “dumbocrate” or a “racist republican” does absolutely nothing good and takes away from what this board is about. 
If you want to talk politics — please go to the political forum so those of us who are tired of politics can keep from seeing it. 

I apologize for posting anything rather than football talk, but at the same time question how food at your favorite spot on a beach or in Florida has anything to do with football.  So if it's only about football, then let's keep all the other non-sense on another forum.  Maybe you food critics need to move to a food forum, just saying fair is fair and from now on, this old fart will only post in relation to football on this thread, hope all of you do the same. Thanks for reminding me this is about football and not politics or food, or where the best beach hut is in Florida.

1 hour ago, Blue 72 said:

I apologize for posting anything rather than football talk, but at the same time question how food at your favorite spot on a beach or in Florida has anything to do with football.  So if it's only about football, then let's keep all the other non-sense on another forum.  Maybe you food critics need to move to a food forum, just saying fair is fair and from now on, this old fart will only post in relation to football on this thread, hope all of you do the same. Thanks for reminding me this is about football and not politics or food, or where the best beach hut is in Florida.

Also, no rambling please. (jk)

3 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

You're feelings are hurt that you got called out being in the middle of a politics dutch rudder.  We get it.

9 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

I feel like you’re taking it a little far now. Comparing politics and beaches is like apples and Mustangs. Politics work to divide us. I’ve never seen a beach divide anyone. We all like different beaches, but no one is going to think less of others based on their beach preferences. The same can’t be said about politics. 

But you’re right. This is about football — so I will stop posting about beaches and food.