2021 football season is almost here.

Real Sasquatch

22 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

Richlands just finished up baseball last Monday so I’m sure they just got back to football. Lebanon is gonna be playing til next week (not that it matters anymore) Tazewell was also didn’t finished til Monday but idk how many of those guys played football. VA is has a new coach and finished baseball on Wednesday and track yesterday. Marion is just in the weight room right now. Graham should have had plenty of time to gear up for 7 on 7 I don’t think Tony let’s those guys play baseball

Several Graham players play baseball and soccer(which is still going).

3 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Richlands 7 on 7 as of now:

6/22 @ Honaker

6/24 @ Eastside

7/17 @ Concord WV

7/20 @ Princeton 

Could be another added the week after dead period. 

Thanks for sharing.  If anybody knows of any 7 on 7's that Graham and Tazewell will be participating in, please post.  Would like to go see the county teams.  I am going to try to go see RHS at Concord and Princeton (If allowed in).  Does Bluefield participate in any 7 on 7's?

On 6/20/2021 at 11:45 AM, Real Sasquatch said:

Thanks for sharing.  If anybody knows of any 7 on 7's that Graham and Tazewell will be participating in, please post.  Would like to go see the county teams.  I am going to try to go see RHS at Concord and Princeton (If allowed in).  Does Bluefield participate in any 7 on 7's?

To my knowledge, Graham hasn’t scheduled any yet.

Edit: July 16th, might add more.

2 hours ago, rhs82 said:

Does anyone have anything on the Honaker 7 on 7 ?

It wasn’t a true 7 on 7 in the sense of a championship and such. 
In that one Richlands beat Honaker and Tazewell and lost on the last play to Ridgeview. 

Blues won the Eastside 7 on 7 today beating Tazewell in the championship game. 

51 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

In that one Richlands beat Honaker and Tazewell and lost on the last play to Ridgeview. 

What was the score of the championship game? 

56 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Did Richlands have a lot out on vacation?  With all Tazewell lost, even though it's the first 7 on 7, I would have expected a more lopsided score. Was Webb playing? 

Tazewell will not be deficient at the skilled positions.  The lineplyay was their biggest loss.

11 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Thanks for all the updates, good to know football is back, hopefully this new variant won't disrupt the fall schedule.

On 6/20/2021 at 3:17 PM, Gridiron60 said:

To my knowledge, Graham hasn’t scheduled any yet.

Edit: July 16th, might add more.

Graham played at Honaker tonight but had a lot out. Someone else may know scores & who they played. 

On 6/20/2021 at 12:00 AM, Jags52 said:

Richlands just finished up baseball last Monday so I’m sure they just got back to football. Lebanon is gonna be playing til next week (not that it matters anymore) Tazewell was also didn’t finished til Monday but idk how many of those guys played football. VA is has a new coach and finished baseball on Wednesday and track yesterday. Marion is just in the weight room right now. Graham should have had plenty of time to gear up for 7 on 7 I don’t think Tony let’s those guys play baseball

Even if Tony did, they'd still be ready for 7 on 7 since Graham isn't the best in baseball and the season typically ends in the first round of the SWD tournament....

51 minutes ago, GMan said:

Even if Tony did, they'd still be ready for 7 on 7 since Graham isn't the best in baseball and the season typically ends in the first round of the SWD tournament....

You are right there but just imagine if yall have Bradshaw roaming the outfield and hitting lead off 

2 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

To my knowledge I don't think Tony discourages any kid from playing other sports. I have often heard that Cam Allen was a better baseball player than he was a football player but let's face it Graham baseball is awful at best. A few of the football players just finished with soccer as well. 

Cam had to play baseball...

I am just saying that I have heard from a pretty reliable source that football player are to work out in the spring and if they dont then they are will be replaced on the field.. that idea is great for football for sure thats why their football program is where it is and I am not knocking that at all but when a kid feel like I have to live in the weight room to keep my spot they may be less likely to go out and play baseball. When your enrollment is under 500 and your best athletes are not playing everything sports like baseball will suffer. With that being said I did get to watch Cam play baseball and if he had played for 4 years instead of the one then he might have had offers in both sports.