Lebanon vs Chatham

Pioneer

Who wins ?

Can the Pioneers get Chatham back for the 23 to 5 loss in the state title game in 2019?

Both teams are undefeated in this one. 

Im going with the senior led Pioneers this go around. 

Should be a good one. 

18 hours ago, stantheman said:

if Buchanan is pitching they are the favorite i would assume,    should be a good one

The team that comes out on top in this one likely wins the State Championship. 

2 hours ago, Pioneer said:

The team that comes out on top in this one likely wins the State Championship. 

Chatham probably has the all around more talented team top to bottom, but Buchanan is the Equalizer on the mound.  I wouldn't count out Paige County, they have a pitcher as good if not better than Buchanan!

3 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

Chatham probably has the all around more talented team top to bottom, but Buchanan is the Equalizer on the mound.  I wouldn't count out Paige County, they have a pitcher as good if not better than Buchanan!

Didnt Lebanon beat him two years ago? 

21 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

Chatham had 7 seniors the last time both teams faced off. This time Lebanon is the more senior laden team. I don't think this Chatham team is as good as the 2019 team despite their record. This version of the Pioneers is better than the 2019 team that lost to Chatham in every way. Does that guarantee a win...no. I do know that the Pioneers have been working for this opportunity since that loss. They were upset with how they played the last time and have been working extremely hard to make sure they win it this go around. This truly is the hardest group of guys I've seen. Reminds me of some of the hard working JJK teams from the late 90s and early 2000s. 

Go Red!!!

If Buchanan is on the mound they have a great chance and that is either Matthew or Seth. Do not sleep on baby brother because he is just as good I promise you that. Preston Steel is also batter over .600 this year which is unreal. I will admit I know absolutely nothing about Chatham beside they walked away with a title 2 years ago. Lebanon has the deep rotation in the state with Matthew Seth Steel and Dagon Barton (freshman). They are going to be hard to beat and they probably want it more than any team out there because there in no doubt in my mind COVID robbed Doc and his team of back to back titles.  

14 hours ago, Pioneer said:

Chatham had 7 seniors the last time both teams faced off. This time Lebanon is the more senior laden team. I don't think this Chatham team is as good as the 2019 team despite their record. This version of the Pioneers is better than the 2019 team that lost to Chatham in every way. Does that guarantee a win...no. I do know that the Pioneers have been working for this opportunity since that loss. They were upset with how they played the last time and have been working extremely hard to make sure they win it this go around. This truly is the hardest group of guys I've seen. Reminds me of some of the hard working JJK teams from the late 90s and early 2000s. 

Go Red!!!

This Lebanon Team has a better pitching staff than the 19 team, but is no where near as good with the bats as that team.  It also hasn’t had to play the competition it had to in 19.  1-4 is the same kids, but 5-9 isn’t as good offensively. I wouldn’t compare this team to JJK teams of the 90s.  I am saying Chatham is more talented top to bottom even though it is you talent, and Lebanon has the equalizer in Big Buc.  Chatham doesn’t have a Potojecki on the mound, and that could prove the difference in Lebanons favor.  

22 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

This Lebanon Team has a better pitching staff than the 19 team, but is no where near as good with the bats as that team.  It also hasn’t had to play the competition it had to in 19.  1-4 is the same kids, but 5-9 isn’t as good offensively. I wouldn’t compare this team to JJK teams of the 90s.  I am saying Chatham is more talented top to bottom even though it is you talent, and Lebanon has the equalizer in Big Buc.  Chatham doesn’t have a Potojecki on the mound, and that could prove the difference in Lebanons favor.  

Pioneers win!!!! State Championship bound. 

Lebanon 4

Chatham 0

The title game will be held in Lebanon Saturday. 

Go Pioneers!!!

10 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Everybody join me in being a Lebanon Pioneer and Doc Adams fan as they attempt to win that state championship this Saturday.  If anybody deserves a state championship as a head coach, it's Doc Adams. #GoPioneers

I totally agree!!! For over 30 years he has poured his heart and soul into the students at LHS as a teache and coach.  He deserves to win the big one for all the countless hours he has poured into his players and students. He retired this year as a teacher,  but hopefully will be returning as the baseball coach next year. 

This group of seniors also deserve it after losing in 2019 and losing their Junior year to Covid. 

Go Pioneers!!!!