Abingdon

vhsl is sad,   they wont do anything that has the possibility to cost them money.   Independence was the real deal,  their players were the best i had seen,  probably the only true D1 players to play at falcon park this year.   they put the barrel of the bat on the ball every at bat.  their pitching was shaky but effective.  the UMP behind the plate was horrendous to both teams.   its a shame that these kids work their tails off for 10+ years and then get umpires like this for a state championship game.     vhsl will not do anything that is right or cause controversy because they dont want to spend money to enforce rules and regulations.   vhsl  needs to go

I wasn’t familiar with Independence, their ADM figures or classification. I did a little light reading thanks to Al Gore and his interwebs. 

IIRC, Independence opened in 2019 with a projected enrollment of 1,110. Was placed in Class 3 as a result of this self-projection. They actually opened with an enrollment of 1,617 and were allowed to remain Class 3 through the end of the current cycle after grossly underestimating the projected enrollment. 

Sad state of affairs in this state when the high school athletic association has become a verb!