Only 2 more months

Only two more months till semi-normal returns! I just want to be able to go to a game, grab a drink and a bag of popcorn and eat one of those terrible hot dogs at the stadium and wonder where the indegestion came from.

The Beavers of Bluefield are going to have one heck of team this year. They usually do have solid teams, but they will have enough talent returning to make them a possible state favorite. Can't wait to see Pulaski and Bluefield. That series has been missing for far to long. Those games in the 80s and early 90s were fun to watch. Of all the times for the Beavers to be playing PC again, the timing was weird. PC has been down for about 20 years by their standards. They fell off after losing a state title to Lafayette and the not to distant retiring of Joel Hicks in the early 2000s, but with Dixon, it's already apparent where this bunch is going (may already be there) by the clear improvement already seen. That is going to be a tough series for the Beavers, and PC will be more difficult over the next 5 or so years than at any time since 2001. 

The Beavers return a bunch and have bucket loads of talent. This Bluefield vs PC game will be one to watch and has to be imo, a top 5 game to watch for the regular season in the SWVA coverage area. 

12 hours ago, goose111874 said:

Against union never.  Unless you wanna count the fail mary game.

I mean won a game at all. I know they’ve never officially beaten Union. I know how they have usually fared against the U. 

On 7/5/2021 at 8:24 AM, BearsFan88 said:

When is the last time Lee High won a game?

I'm not sure I think they won a game last season but maybe not.  It's crazy how fast they're program has fallen, they were giving Union some tough games not that long ago.  My niece plays sports for Union and they're young and beat Lee pretty easy in most, it seems like their whole sports program is down right now

6 hours ago, goose111874 said:

I'm not sure I think they won a game last season but maybe not.  It's crazy how fast they're program has fallen, they were giving Union some tough games not that long ago.  My niece plays sports for Union and they're young and beat Lee pretty easy in most, it seems like their whole sports program is down right now

Lee High has a 23 game losing streak. Lee's last win was 9/14/18 vs. Eastside. 

23 hours ago, SXSW said:

Lee High has a 23 game losing streak. Lee's last win was 9/14/18 vs. Eastside. 

That will change. There is a good chance it gets to 24 but Eastside, PH, and Rye Cove should be winnable games. 

1 hour ago, Jags52 said:

That will change. There is a good chance it gets to 24 but Eastside, PH, and Rye Cove should be winnable games. 

You are right about that. If Lee goes 0-10 this season there are some serious issues. You must play your district teams but when your team has been down as long as this one you need to schedule OOD games you have a chance to win and or at least be competitive in. 

4 minutes ago, SXSW said:

You are right about that. If Lee goes 0-10 this season there are some serious issues. You must play your district teams but when your team has been down as long as this one you need to schedule OOD games you have a chance to win and or at least be competitive in. 

Lee has always looked good getting off the bus and they got some cats that can run a little. I have faith that Carroll can get the most out of those kids. I have seen him do more with less at Marion. 3 or 4 wins would be a good start for sure. 5 wins (if they can surprise a team like battle or gate city) would be a great year and maybe a play off berth 

1 minute ago, Jags52 said:

Lee has always looked good getting off the bus and they got some cats that can run a little. I have faith that Carroll can get the most out of those kids. I have seen him do more with less at Marion. 3 or 4 wins would be a good start for sure. 5 wins (if they can surprise a team like battle or gate city) would be a great year and maybe a play off berth 

Lee High has many ills it needs to fix. Many of them have been beat to death on this board. Declining population, player disinterest, players playing at Union and the giant cluster of Lee County politics. 5-5 may be their ceiling for quite a few years. Maybe Amazon will build a distribution center in Lee County and add 1000 jobs and attract some athletes to go with all the size they usually have.

It's been proven time and time again (Galax, Tazewell, Holston, PH, Chilhowie) that a quality head coach can reverse player disinterest pretty quickly.

Equally so, a bad hire can foster player disinterest very quickly (Fort Chiswell, Carroll, Giles).

6 hours ago, Jags52 said:

Given that 8 of 11 teams in Region 2D will make the playoffs, at least getting to the 8-seed is not impossible if Lee can notch 3 wins.  At least two of Virginia High, Marion, Lee, Battle, and Gate City are going to qualify for the playoffs.