2D Predictions

Gfan

We are a little over one month out from Football! What’s everyone’s predictions. I have Graham winning 2D. Who is favorite for player of the year? What team will be better than expected (I am saying Tazewell)

6 minutes ago, Gfan said:

We are a little over one month out from Football! What’s everyone’s predictions. I have Graham winning 2D. Who is favorite for player of the year? What team will be better than expected (I am saying Tazewell)

It will come down to Union and Graham, in my opinion.  Key for Graham will be QB and a short-yardage RB.  Graham has a couple of home-run hitters and a plethora of receivers.  They need a QB who can get the ball to them and a reliable back in those short yardage situations.  They should be solid at other positions.

4 hours ago, Gfan said:

I’d say Brody Meadows would be one of the favorites for Player of the Year. Graham has a tough schedule which should serve them well in playoffs. I think the biggest question mark is QB. Hopefully, it all works out & your prediction is correct. Biggest surprise team, no clue. 

An impressive resume, but it doesn't mean much in 2d. Gotta bring it week in week out, year in year out. Good luck,  will be a fun year to watch.  I don't believe graduation really hurt anyone bad.  Skill- wise maybe a few throughout the region but o- line/d- line everyone solid,  except taz.

6 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Until Graham can prove they can beat Union at Mitchell...........

Agree.  Either way I see these 2 teams possibly meeting twice this season.  Graham may lose 3 or 4 games with the schedule they have, but that will only help come playoff time.

9 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

An impressive resume, but it doesn't mean much in 2d. Gotta bring it week in week out, year in year out. Good luck,  will be a fun year to watch.  I don't believe graduation really hurt anyone bad.  Skill- wise maybe a few throughout the region but o- line/d- line everyone solid,  except taz.

Tazewell only had 8 lineman of their roster and 4 where seniors that could be trouble because the only difference in the 3-7 Tazewell team and the one from last year was line play they have always had speed but if you can’t block up front it does not matter 

8 hours ago, Jags52 said:

Tazewell only had 8 lineman of their roster and 4 where seniors that could be trouble because the only difference in the 3-7 Tazewell team and the one from last year was line play they have always had speed but if you can’t block up front it does not matter 

Tazewell will need to spread the field this year and use a lot of quick developing plays.  They have some very good skill players, but will have to get the ball out of the qb's hands quickly.  

23 minutes ago, EH31 said:

I heard Graham got a pretty good looking transfer in from Lord Botetourt. Anyone else heard that? 

They did get a transfer in from LB & one from Mount View transferred in last year but couldn’t play in spring because he played in fall in WV. Both should be good contributors from what I’ve heard.

12 hours ago, EH31 said:

I heard Graham got a pretty good looking transfer in from Lord Botetourt. Anyone else heard that? 

I believe his brother is playing for Bluefield College.  Hear he is a great student with a 4.0 + G.P.A.  That is far more impressive then any football talent he may have.  

Any truth to this. Gentleman I work with, who is from Bluefield WV, not VA, tells me Graham has a got 3 transfers which are the kid from LB and not one kid, but two kids from Mount View. Also, tells me the one kid from Mount View will be the RB, and is more talented than any RB Graham has had since Tony Palmer has been HC. Any confirmation thoughts, truth? This guy also told me Riverheads would be playing Bluefield next year and that is apparently hogwash.

I don't know what Graham will have on the line. I hear there will be no drop off at QB with Meadows brother under center, and if the Mount View thing is true, they are loaded at RB and already are loaded at WR. The question mark comes on their line. Even with Meadows, it will take some impressive improvements to beat Union. If Graham can not stop Union from blowing them 5 yds off the ball and killing clock and shortening the game, it will favor the Bears. Sounds to me like Region D has Union and Graham as heavy favorites, but I'm not sure Graham is my favorite. Based on the line play from last year and what they return on the line of scrimmage, I lean Union, but have no idea. No way to tell.

2 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

Any truth to this. Gentleman I work with, who is from Bluefield WV, not VA, tells me Graham has a got 3 transfers which are the kid from LB and not one kid, but two kids from Mount View. Also, tells me the one kid from Mount View will be the RB, and is more talented than any RB Graham has had since Tony Palmer has been HC. Any confirmation thoughts, truth? This guy also told me Riverheads would be playing Bluefield next year and that is apparently hogwash.

I don't know what Graham will have on the line. I hear there will be no drop off at QB with Meadows brother under center, and if the Mount View thing is true, they are loaded at RB and already are loaded at WR. The question mark comes on their line. Even with Meadows, it will take some impressive improvements to beat Union. If Graham can not stop Union from blowing them 5 yds off the ball and killing clock and shortening the game, it will favor the Bears. Sounds to me like Region D has Union and Graham as heavy favorites, but I'm not sure Graham is my favorite. Based on the line play from last year and what they return on the line of scrimmage, I lean Union, but have no idea. No way to tell.

They return their entire line except 1 player.  If Bradshaw would have played in the Union game, it would have been a different ballgame, plus Graham was coming off a quarantine. With the addition of the transfers, I would say Graham should be a heavy favorite in Region D.  

3 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

Fact...lots of folks leave McDowell County because there is nothing there.  Fact...many settle in the two Bluefields.  As for the one being the most talented RB Tony has had as HC...I have no idea...

4 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

Sounds a bit exaggerated by your friend.  Nobody on Mount Views roster the last couple of seasons is more talented then some of the running backs Graham has had. 

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Sounds a bit exaggerated by your friend.  Nobody on Mount Views roster the last couple of seasons is more talented then some of the running backs Graham has had. 

Having seen Mount View in 2019, I’d have to concur with this.  There’s no one there in the same class as Cousin or even Fritz.

If I remember correctly most of the Union guys on here had said they didn't lose much to graduation either. So if that's the case that game at Mitchell Stadium should be a good one. Unless Union lost some key players I still have to give them the advantage.

If I'm coach Palmer I would put a big screen TV in every room of the field house and play that last play of the playoffs on a continuous loop. I have talked to many former and current Graham players and that play has really left a sore taste in their mouth.