2D Predictions

Gfan

3 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

If I remember correctly most of the Union guys on here had said they didn't lose much to graduation either. So if that's the case that game at Mitchell Stadium should be a good one. Unless Union lost some key players I still have to give them the advantage.

If I'm coach Palmer I would put a big screen TV in every room of the field house and play that last play of the playoffs on a continuous loop. I have talked to many former and current Graham players and that play has really left a sore taste in their mouth. 

Yeah union didn't lose much at all they should be way better than last year.  The QB was playing his first season and literally came from basketball to football with no practice so he should have a great season. 

Just read in the Bluefield Daily where the Beavers made the mighty Martinsburg Bulldogs chalk up the two spot in that 7 on 7 round robin contest in Athens, as the Beavers beat em.  When I read this, I just set back and chuckled and shook my head.  Now I know, it's 7 on 7 only and not 11 on 11, but I have said this forever and stand by it.  Libra por libra, pound for pound, mano a mano, size for size, that bunch is one of the toughest outfits on the East Coast.  And what makes them this way is the lack of let down.  They just don't ever really seem to take a year off.  It says a bunch about a program when you come into the season in game one, and you feel like you got a decent chance to win or at least play for a state title seemingly every year.  Bluefield was very, very good last year and had that youth everywhere and I have a feeling they are gonna give Fairmont a big ole payback after it's all said and done.  Going to be a treat to watch the 2021 Beaves this year.  

1 hour ago, Fairlawncat said:

Just read in the Bluefield Daily where the Beavers made the mighty Martinsburg Bulldogs chalk up the two spot in that 7 on 7 round robin contest in Athens, as the Beavers beat em.  When I read this, I just set back and chuckled and shook my head.  Now I know, it's 7 on 7 only and not 11 on 11, but I have said this forever and stand by it.  Libra por libra, pound for pound, mano a mano, size for size, that bunch is one of the toughest outfits on the East Coast.  And what makes them this way is the lack of let down.  They just don't ever really seem to take a year off.  It says a bunch about a program when you come into the season in game one, and you feel like you got a decent chance to win or at least play for a state title seemingly every year.  Bluefield was very, very good last year and had that youth everywhere and I have a feeling they are gonna give Fairmont a big ole payback after it's all said and done.  Going to be a treat to watch the 2021 Beaves this year.  

Bluefield has a ton of speed, but are still a tad young.  Should be one heck of a game on August 27th.  Lineplay will be huge for Bluefield this season.  Bluefield should be a threat to score on any given play with their athleticism.  They may be a touch undersized and a bigger more physical team that has a little speed may cause problems.  Time will tell, but the athletes are passing the eye test with flying colors.

Bluefields line will be better than last year. They got even better in the back field and linebacker with the kid from G.W. and a kid from DC. METRO area playing wide out and d back. The new Ciy manager will be here 8/1 he has a son who is is very fast they are from New York.

On 7/16/2021 at 10:57 PM, UVAObserver said:

The economy’s booming in Bluefield…

I heard he is still waiting on his frosty from the LB - Beaver game a couple years ago

😂😂😂

On 7/16/2021 at 10:57 PM, UVAObserver said:

The economy’s booming in Bluefield…

On 7/18/2021 at 1:22 PM, Mountain Football said:

If I remember correctly most of the Union guys on here had said they didn't lose much to graduation either. So if that's the case that game at Mitchell Stadium should be a good one. Unless Union lost some key players I still have to give them the advantage.

If I'm coach Palmer I would put a big screen TV in every room of the field house and play that last play of the playoffs on a continuous loop. I have talked to many former and current Graham players and that play has really left a sore taste in their mouth. 

That’s how a few Union/Richlands games have gone. 

29 minutes ago, justwinbaby said:

Ridgeview will win the Mountain 7 outright...Folks should be worried about the team Coach Tiller will put on the field this season...The Wolfpack will shock some teams

You might be right but it would be a shock to me

5 hours ago, justwinbaby said:

Ridgeview will win the Mountain 7 outright...Folks should be worried about the team Coach Tiller will put on the field this season...The Wolfpack will shock some teams

The benefit game with Graham will be a good gauge of how they may stack up this season. 

27 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

The benefit game with Graham will be a good gauge of how they may stack up this season. 

I know it is 7v7....But I was told Ridgeview Matched up well with Graham at Honaker...

It will be interesting to see what the Ridgeview staff puts together in the Non Pandemic year...Quarterback and Running back will be the question mark on the Ridge

11 hours ago, justwinbaby said:

I know it is 7v7....But I was told Ridgeview Matched up well with Graham at Honaker...

It will be interesting to see what the Ridgeview staff puts together in the Non Pandemic year...Quarterback and Running back will be the question mark on the Ridge

Any idea who the predicted starters may be?

19 hours ago, justwinbaby said:

I can’t tell if you are actually joking or serious?

8 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

I can’t tell if you are actually joking or serious?

What would lead you to believe this being a Joke?? Not sure if watched any of last season?? But I am sure the Union Coaching staff was happy to not play Ridgeview due to Covid.

And I am not being a troll on this next point...But the game I watched against Richlands...Everyone talked about the magnificent Job Richlands did for a great comeback...I saw a team let up for a quarter and fall behind. Then in crunch time they scored the winning TD using 3 different QBs and the Adkins kid not being the lone ball carrier...But that was just my opinion..

If Drafkings had High School Betting..I would put it on Ridgeview...But could be wrong 

On 7/19/2021 at 2:44 PM, Mountain Football said:

My money is on Russia.

I think Russia is actually making the posts, then Facebook is deleting them.  But in all seriousness, I believe Region D will end up like this.

1.  Graham (Couple of new faces that will contribute + Bradshaw who did not play in Regional Finals). 

2. Union

3. Central

4. Ridgeview.

I think Tazewell, Richlands, Gate City will be 5,6 and 7 (No particular order).  Not sure who will be the other team to make it in.

22 hours ago, justwinbaby said:

Anybody know how this 7 on 7 went?  Who was there, etc?

8 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Anybody know how this 7 on 7 went?  Who was there, etc?

Not sure...I know one week Honaker, Richlands Tazwell and Ridgeview...The next week I was only told about Ridgeview playing Graham. So I assume it was just Ridgeview Honaker and Graham...But who know what kids were there. I was told Ridgeview played a Freshman at QB. So who knows attendance at these things. 

My coworkers kid said that Ridgeview out played them all...But the kid plays and I didn’t see it