Any of you golfers??

BoBob

If you're a golfer and would like to make a trip to Appomattox for a tee time on Sunday, August 1st they are having the "SMITH STRONG" golf tournament.  Friday and Saturday are already full but there are tee times available for Sunday.

If you aren't aware Appomattox Coach, Doug Smith was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma last year and missed being on the field during the 2020 season.  He has been through multiple radiation treatments, a stem cell transplant  while spending a month at Duke.  Bills for all of that and upcoming treatments are high as you can imagine.  They are doing to golf tournament to help raise money to offset costs.

All days offer 8:00 and 1:00 tee times that are shotgun starts.  The first two days are full but Sunday has a few spots left.  

If you would like to enter a team of four you can contact the Appomattox Raiders Football page on Face Book or reach out to me and I will get you a number to contact.  I think a team of four is around $250 and I believe there will be some pizza provided around lunch time. 

Sounds like Graham and Union (I know Union was young)  will be tough this upcoming year.  I hope the Raiders get the chance to play one of them on December 4th  (but hope it isn't in Big Stone Gap..LOL)   

I saw this somewhere else and considered bringing a foursome. Unfortunately, I can't anytime that weekend for reasons I'm not prepared to go into in this space yet. I certainly empathize with what Coach Smith is currently going through!!!

I don't know him personally but by all accounts, he's a better person than he is a coach. Given his abilities as a coach, that speaks volumes. Wishing him and this event, the very best going forward. 

41 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I saw this somewhere else and considered bringing a foursome. Unfortunately, I can't anytime that weekend for reasons I'm not prepared to go into in this space yet. I certainly empathize with what Coach Smith is currently going through!!!

I don't know him personally but by all accounts, he's a better person than he is a coach. Given his abilities as a coach, that speaks volumes. Wishing him and this event, the very best going forward. 

You are exactly correct! 

He appreciates any and all prayers.  

50 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I don't know Coach Smith either but it's obvious what a great guy he is just from the behavior of his kids.  Don't think I've ever seen a group of teenagers so well behaved.

3 hours ago, goose111874 said:

I don't know Coach Smith either but it's obvious what a great guy he is just from the behavior of his kids.  Don't think I've ever seen a group of teenagers so well behaved.

Thanks!!! I’ve had two sons go through under him. He’s been a blessing to my family for sure! 
Just curious, you from Union?