MTN. MAYHEM SCRIMMAGES - CANCELLED

bucfan64

MTN. MAYHEM SCRIMMAGES (UPDATED SCHEDULE ON AUG 5 @ 2:12 PM)

10:00 TV VS NORTHWOOD
11:00 NORTHWOOD VS CASTLEWOOD
12:00 CASTLEWOOD VS HOLSTON
1:00 TV VS RURAL RETREAT
2:00 HOLSTON VS HURLEY
3:00 HURLEY VS RURAL RETREAT

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

#footballOlympics_2021_Sports_Football.png #VHSL #TwinValleyPanthers #HurleyRebels #CastlewoodBlueDevils #NorthwoodPanthers #RuralRetreatIndians #RockTheMountains #ItsFootballTime

7 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

On the scale of 1-10, what will be the actual Mayhem?

Some of those schools will have good teams, some will not. Overall, a friendly showing of talent before the season gets a 4 (fluorite) on the Mohs Hardness Scale from me.

Man, I hate to hear that. I was just telling a comrade that was assigned to it how great of a jamboree it is to work. Why the cancellation? I feel bad for the team’s scheduled to come because I’m sure finding a replacement on this short of a notice is a challenge. 

2-3 of the teams may be able to break up and scrimmage each other at least.  Hearing the numbers for a few schools makes me worry about football in general, much less the possible missed games due to Covid and contact tracing.

19 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

2-3 of the teams may be able to break up and scrimmage each other at least.  Hearing the numbers for a few schools makes me worry about football in general, much less the possible missed games due to Covid and contact tracing.

I saw in the Kingsport paper where The Cove had 17, Castlewood 18, and Gate City with 30. Very sad....

10 hours ago, JDHoss said:

I saw in the Kingsport paper where The Cove had 17, Castlewood 18, and Gate City with 30. Very sad....

RC only has 2 SRs and 2 JRs.  Lost one freshman to Grundy and two seniors are big blows to this years team.  16 8th graders so numbers will rise next year.