Numbers.

Real Sasquatch

Just finished reading the article Coalfield Sports posted on Facebook that Brady Hess wrote a few years back. If that doesn't get your blood pumping for some good Friday Night football nothing will. Gosh it feels good to have it back! Good luck to all the area teams. 

2 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

Just finished reading the article Coalfield Sports posted on Facebook that Brady Hess wrote a few years back. If that doesn't get your blood pumping for some good Friday Night football nothing will. Gosh it feels good to have it back! Good luck to all the area teams. 

That boy is good at stuff.

4 hours ago, SpillBoss said:

Very young.

Young as age or young as in grade? I know last year they had several college freshman on their team, meaning hold backs. Can’t call them young because they are in 9 or 10th. Graham last year played with a lot of true 10th and 11th graders but they didn’t fuss about being young! Just saying. 

2 hours ago, GDUB said:

Young as age or young as in grade? I know last year they had several college freshman on their team, meaning hold backs. Can’t call them young because they are in 9 or 10th. Graham last year played with a lot of true 10th and 11th graders but they didn’t fuss about being young! Just saying. 

14 and 15 year olds....

2 hours ago, GDUB said:

I believe only one kid that has held back is out there. These are truly young kids, real 10-11th graders.  When I say young I’m saying the 14-15 yr olds like @Real Sasquatch mentioned. 

1 hold back? Not so sure about that.

I keep hearing this is a rebuild year for Tazewell. Very young. I know this is just the 2nd day of 2 a days and obviously starters haven't been decided yet. At least 3 maybe more on the offensive line will be seniors, Mullins(QB) senior, Jones is a senior. Huffy is a Jr right? He played great last year. Its possible Creasey gets the start at QB. He has shown a lot of potential to this point. 

So they aren't starting a team of 9th graders. They have a ton of potential and should not be taken lightly. Tazewell needs leadership on the field. Ive said this for years. For the love of God utilize Jared Mullins please! I wish he would come to Graham😂 

37 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Mullins(QB) senior, Jones is a senior. Its possible Creasey gets the start at QB. He has shown a lot of potential to this point. 

Mullins should have been the QB over Nunley in my opinion. Unfortunately, who you are affects who gets what position in a lot of places not just Dawg territory. 

1 hour ago, Mountain Football said:

1 hold back? Not so sure about that.

I keep hearing this is a rebuild year for Tazewell. Very young. I know this is just the 2nd day of 2 a days and obviously starters haven't been decided yet. At least 3 maybe more on the offensive line will be seniors, Mullins(QB) senior, Jones is a senior. Huffy is a Jr right? He played great last year. Its possible Creasey gets the start at QB. He has shown a lot of potential to this point. 

So they aren't starting a team of 9th graders. They have a ton of potential and should not be taken lightly. Tazewell needs leadership on the field. Ive said this for years. For the love of God utilize Jared Mullins please! I wish he would come to Graham😂 

They will have to get the ball out quickly.  They have a lot of youngsters on the team.  They had in the low 30s last year.  Lost quite a few seniors. But gained more freshmen then they lost seniors.  Thats what I mean by young.  And yes, a lot of 14 and 15 year old freshmen.  They will have a few very athletic and talented upperclassmen.  But, I think with the inexperience on the line they will need to re-structure the offense a little bit.  

Carter will get the start at QB for Tazewell, Mullins may play slot some but will primarily be defense. For QB, this is where experience needs to take over, especially with the schedule this year. The test will come with a young Carter. The line lost a lot of experience, but could still possibly hold their own. I think Tazewell will be competitive but will struggle against the well coached teams.

8 minutes ago, SpillBoss said:

Carter will get the start at QB for Tazewell, Mullins may play slot some but will primarily be defense. For QB, this is where experience needs to take over, especially with the schedule this year. The test will come with a young Carter. The line lost a lot of experience, but could still possibly hold their own. I think Tazewell will be competitive but will struggle against the well coached teams.

I have heard the same thing. I have typed and deleted my response a couple of times. Its been a while since GMan dropped the hammer on someone and I didn't want it to be me😂

Both kids are great competitors. I would have liked to seen Jared at QB. He's a senior, very smart, athletic, leader, etc. I guess this why I'm on here typing and not coaching!!