Numbers.

Real Sasquatch

46 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I have heard the same thing. I have typed and deleted my response a couple of times. Its been a while since GMan dropped the hammer on someone and I didn't want it to be me😂

Both kids are great competitors. I would have liked to seen Jared at QB. He's a senior, very smart, athletic, leader, etc. I guess this why I'm on here typing and not coaching!!

I’ve seen tape from the 7-on-7s.  Creasy has made some throws that no other QB in SWVA can make.  That’s not biased.  I’ve seen the kid roll to his left (he’s a righty), uncork a bomb that goes 45 yards in the air, and hit a streaking receiver in the numbers.  Freshmen aren’t supposed to do that.  Most seniors can’t do that.  

I’m excited, let’s put it that way.

59 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I’ve seen tape from the 7-on-7s.  Creasy has made some throws that no other QB in SWVA can make.  That’s not biased.  I’ve seen the kid roll to his left (he’s a righty), uncork a bomb that goes 45 yards in the air, and hit a streaking receiver in the numbers.  Freshmen aren’t supposed to do that.  Most seniors can’t do that.  

I’m excited, let’s put it that way.

He should be a good one.  But he needs time in the pocket as all qbs do.  Bulldogs need to change up a few things on offense regardless of who the QB is. (Maybe use both). Get the ball out of the qbs hands quickly, roll him out, etc... Running plays may need to come out of a spread formation or something,  who knows.  Bulldogs have a couple of athletic receivers and a dynamic running back, all with good speed. .  Getting those guys the ball in space will be key.  They do have a couple of solid linemen returning, but lost a lot up front. It will be fun to watch this team develop this year, can't wait.

49 minutes ago, GDUB said:

if they have 54 kids why wouldn't they? alot of kids

No clue, I had a dad of 9th grader at FC tell me they weren't. I agree, that's a lot of kids to not have one. Maybe with yet another new coach coming on board, they didn't want to fool with a JV.

8 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

No clue, I had a dad of 9th grader at FC tell me they weren't. I agree, that's a lot of kids to not have one. Maybe with yet another new coach coming on board, they didn't want to fool with a JV.

That is not very smart IMO good luck keeping those numbers when more than half are sitting on the sideline during practice and games 

28 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

That is not very smart IMO good luck keeping those numbers when more than half are sitting on the sideline during practice and games 

My thoughts too, that was what my friend is afraid of with his son. 

21 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

My thoughts too, that was what my friend is afraid of with his son. 

Surely they can get that fixed I would hate for a young kid to give up to sport just because they didn’t have the opportunity to play 

On 8/3/2021 at 12:07 AM, Gridiron60 said:

I heard Fort Chiswell doesn’t have a JV this year. I hate that if it’s true. 

With 54 kids, it's easy to assume those numbers are spread out evenly through all grade levels. That's simply not always the case. Galax didn't have a JV team last year. Not because they have a shortage of players, but because that shortage is confined to one grade level. Galax typically has 10 to 12 players per grade level. Last season, they had 4 freshmen. Difficult to field a JV team when half your sophomore class starts on the varsity team and you only have 4 freshmen. 

Galax's numbers are similar this year to years past. Lower to mid 30's. 

16 hours ago, VHSLhelper said:

Jenkins has apparently folded.

Wonder if Twin Springs might grab Montcalm on 9/24??? 

I was very concerned for TS when I heard they had kept Jenkins on the schedule. Jenkins apparently talked strongly about how they would have a team.  I was going to be surprised if they did though.

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

With 54 kids, it's easy to assume those numbers are spread out evenly through all grade levels. That's simply not always the case. Galax didn't have a JV team last year. Not because they have a shortage of players, but because that shortage is confined to one grade level. Galax typically has 10 to 12 players per grade level. Last season, they had 4 freshmen. Difficult to field a JV team when half your sophomore class starts on the varsity team and you only have 4 freshmen. 

Galax's numbers are similar this year to years past. Lower to mid 30's. 

That is fair looks like Fort could have kids only going one way if that was the case. That could be a huge advantage as far as kids not being gassed in the 4th quarter.