Will a single game be played?

Fairlawncat

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

The battle lines for this were drawn when these vaccines were in Stage 2 of their clinical trials.  Unless Jesus and Donald Trump hold a joint press conference encouraging people to get the vaccine, no public sentiment will sway the ~30% of "never vaxxers".  The only thing that's going to get through to them is to have their father, mother, sister, brother, or child die from COVID-19.  That's the ONLY way, and it's so disheartening.  It took having my church's children's pastor die for my church's congregation to start giving a semblance of a damn about it.  And I've known so many people who thought it was "just the flu" until they had to see the effects of it Clockwork Orange-style.  People who get their "news" and medical advice from sites like americanpatriot.baldeagle.beatthelibtards.trump.us aren't going to listen to logic.  They aren't going to look at how stark the difference in data is between vaccinated and unvaccinated people.  They're only going to listen when they have to carry the casket of someone who died from it.  Until then, the stronger their views can be marginalized for the worthlessness they are, the better.  

If not for that ~30% of the population, we'd have this thing in the rearview mirror.  Instead, we have ~30% of the population brainlessly volunteering themselves to be the control group in this Machiavellian experiment, volunteering themselves to be the breeding ground for sneakier (if weaker) variants of COVID-19 that will eventually evolve to evade vaccines altogether.  I'm growing weary of missing activities I used to enjoy and taking umpteen safety precautions to help protect people who don't give a flying fig about protecting me.  I'll still do it, because I still love them, but I believe some righteous indignation is in order.  

Well, closer to 50% actually. But keep trusting your government. It's crazy to think that we went from knowing better than to trust the government to worshipping what they say at all costs. 20 short years is all it took for that change. And you may want to take a closer look at the populations that are refusing the vaccine, it's far from 100% Trump supporters. But you just go right ahead and let him live in your brain rent free some more there little guy. 

39 minutes ago, HokieChokie said:

And did you serve? I doubt that very seriously. You've never left the trailer park in Galax, let alone served anything other than customers at the local McD's.

I served in the US Army - 1992 - 2000. How about you?

I've never lived in a trailer park or worked at McDonalds. Designed the infrastructure needs for a few McDonalds though.

5 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I served in the US Army - 1992 - 2000. How about you?

I've never lived in a trailer park or worked at McDonalds. Designed the infrastructure needs for a few McDonalds though.

Joined about 10 min before he posted that-don’t feed the troll 

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

Troubling? Spoken like someone who has never served!

The day you enter the reception station for Basic Training, they inject both arms and give you a dozen pills to take. I'm shocked they were given a choice to this point.

The troubling part to me is that some of them have probably had Covid & may have a high antibody load and do not need the vaccine and are better protected than those of us who have been vaccinated. As a matter of fact, most doctors don’t recommend taking the vaccine if one has a high antibody load.  It obvious than some of you cannot carry a civilized back & forth exchange concerning anything Covid related. 

At this point, let’s just hope we have football as normal. 

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

The troubling part to me is that some of them have probably had Covid & may have a high antibody load and do not need the vaccine and are better protected than those of us who have been vaccinated. As a matter of fact, most doctors don’t recommend taking the vaccine if one has a high antibody load.  It obvious than some of you cannot carry a civilized back & forth exchange concerning anything Covid related. 

Who's being uncivilized? Offering a counterpoint from which I have experience on a message board is partly why we're all here.

When you enlist in the military, you have very few rights afforded the average citizen. It's more shocking it's taken the military this long to mandate vaccinations than the fact they are now mandating vaccinations. 

4 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

This is simply not true that “most” doctors don’t recommend the vaccine if you’ve had COVID-19…ironic that you put the phrase “as a matter of fact” before you assert something that has no evidence behind it. 

8 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

You state something as “fact” that is demonstrably false, or present misinformation as “interesting” and when called on it, you complain about an exchange being “uncivilized.” 

47 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0806-vaccination-protection.html

This study does not support your theory, FWIW. 

“If you have had COVID-19 before, please still get vaccinated,” said CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky. “This study shows you are twice as likely to get infected again if you are unvaccinated. Getting the vaccine is the best way to protect yourself and others around you, especially as the more contagious Delta variant spreads around the country.”

7 minutes ago, HokieChokie said:

Well, it did shut him up. So perhaps you and some of the others on here can have an actual conversation on it. I do not mind being the sacrifice. Someone needs to shut him up and put him in his place. May as well be me.

Hello, MMQP. Welcome back, friend. I'm sure your stay here will be as short as your previous stays. Have a great day!

3 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

The battle lines for this were drawn when these vaccines were in Stage 2 of their clinical trials.  Unless Jesus and Donald Trump hold a joint press conference encouraging people to get the vaccine, no public sentiment will sway the ~30% of "never vaxxers".  The only thing that's going to get through to them is to have their father, mother, sister, brother, or child die from COVID-19.  That's the ONLY way, and it's so disheartening.  It took having my church's children's pastor die for my church's congregation to start giving a semblance of a damn about it.  And I've known so many people who thought it was "just the flu" until they had to see the effects of it Clockwork Orange-style.  People who get their "news" and medical advice from sites like americanpatriot.baldeagle.beatthelibtards.trump.us aren't going to listen to logic.  They aren't going to look at how stark the difference in data is between vaccinated and unvaccinated people.  They're only going to listen when they have to carry the casket of someone who died from it.  Until then, the stronger their views can be marginalized for the worthlessness they are, the better.  

If not for that ~30% of the population, we'd have this thing in the rearview mirror.  Instead, we have ~30% of the population brainlessly volunteering themselves to be the control group in this Machiavellian experiment, volunteering themselves to be the breeding ground for sneakier (if weaker) variants of COVID-19 that will eventually evolve to evade vaccines altogether.  I'm growing weary of missing activities I used to enjoy and taking umpteen safety precautions to help protect people who don't give a flying fig about protecting me.  I'll still do it, because I still love them, but I believe some righteous indignation is in order.  

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

Back to the topic I think games will be played just hope I'm not watching from my couch

I'm hoping the spike in vaccinations over the last two weeks will help curb this in the next month or so. If it doesn't, we may see a world where only so many tickets are sold and you have to be vaccinated to get in. Feels like something we are quickly heading towards across the country. 

2 minutes ago, HokieChokie said:

Why dont you tell everyone how your wife ended up with Covid lol.. who did she contract it from?

Not doing this crap with you again. Your hammer will be here shortly.... again... for the fourth time mmqp/PQMM/H-Hour/HokieChokie.

2 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I'm hoping the spike in vaccinations over the last two weeks will help curb this in the next month or so. If it doesn't, we may see a world where only so many tickets are sold and you have to be vaccinated to get in. Feels like something we are quickly heading towards across the country. 

I think you are probably right. I will be shocked of there is 10k at the Graham/Beaver game.

Just now, Mountain Football said:

I think you are probably right. I will be shocked of there is 10k at the Graham/Beaver game.

It's sad we got to this place. This shouldn't have been politicized. And both sides are at fault. This should have been all of us coming together to protect each other because that's the human thing to do -- but we are barely humans at this point. We just want to fight and sling mud. 

9 minutes ago, HokieChokie said:

Sometimes I forget that you along with a handful of others on here feel that only your worldview and opinions should be heard. I like to come on and slap you around a little is all. 

At this point you and the other 2 or 3 clowns I've targeted in this thread have done an excellent job silencing the 50% or so of people that have a differing opinion than your own. Carry on.

It’s funny that you talk about differing opinions. 
UVAO and I have been friends for over a decade at this point. We sit on opposite sides of the political spectrum. We have 0 common sports teams. We went to different schools at every level. And yet — he and I can see past those things and remain friends. All the differences aside, I respect him as a human being. Which I can say for 98% of the posters on this board.  Gridiron60 and I don’t agree on everyone — and don’t know each other outside of this board — but I respect him. He gets his opinions and points across in a normal way that doesn’t involve calling someone wife a “cuck.” 

You, on the other hand….

• GMan locked this topic