Will a single game be played?

Fairlawncat

11 minutes ago, HokieChokie said:

Sometimes I forget that you along with a handful of others on here feel that only your worldview and opinions should be heard. I like to come on and slap you around a little is all. 

At this point you and the other 2 or 3 clowns I've targeted in this thread have done an excellent job silencing the 50% or so of people that have a differing opinion than your own. Carry on.

227233176_2168050926668619_5927397946940747097_n.jpg

12 minutes ago, HokieChokie said:

Sometimes I forget that you along with a handful of others on here feel that only your worldview and opinions should be heard. I like to come on and slap you around a little is all. 

At this point you and the other 2 or 3 clowns I've targeted in this thread have done an excellent job silencing the 50% or so of people that have a differing opinion than your own. Carry on.

Opinions are fine, but you can’t both sides everything. Misinformation and a layman’s opinion is not entitled to the same respect as expertise and science in a real society.  Sadly, we have reached the point where some people believe that their own ignorant opinion is worthy of the same respect as that of an expert who has spent their life working in an area. 

I WANT IT TO BE KNOWN that I did not encourage anyone to ban anyone and if I was consulted and the mods wanted my input, I would usually always be on the side of not banning basically anyone. Homeboy would constantly accuse me of that if I dared to question anything he posted on the other board when in reality, I've probably been a bigger pain in the ass for the mods here over the years than he has. So MMQB, it's been said once again, I've never led a charge to get you banned and will not join in this time. So next time, I'm just a sissy libtard cuck, not a sissy libtard cuck who got you banned from here, got it?

17 hours ago, HokieChokie said:

And did you serve? I doubt that very seriously. You've never left the trailer park in Galax, let alone served anything other than customers at the local McD's.

and what's so bad about a trailer park? working at Micky D's put a lot of people thru college. you're a dick cause living in a big house makes you no better than me in my trailer park.

https://roanoke.com/sports/high-school/less-than-a-week-into-vhsl-football-practices-alleghany-highs-team-pauses-due-to-covid/article_9020a538-f566-11eb-9da6-cf2eb897af0e.html

I say the season goes on.  There may be some disruptions and quarantines along the way.  Each school district will follow CDC guidelines and their own policies, but the season will go on.

I have stayed silent long enough.  Bottom line for me is it is your personal choice if you choose to take it or not just as the flu shot is your choice.  You know of the risk you take by either taking it or not taking it.  I don't buy into all the misinformation or conspiracy theories in the least.  I really hope for the sake of future cures/vaxs that these do work and show no long term side effects.  There is great promise in the idea of the MRNA method.

With all that said I know people that have died from it and many more that have recovered from it.  I know a person right now that has been on a ventilator and is slowly slowly recovering.  Don't know if he got shot or not.  Either way my stance stays the same on my own personal choice. I'll use common sense and do my best to be vigilant to not spread any kind of sickness I might get.

Anyway let's get this season started and get out to some games finally.  Been to long to be missing them.

A friend of mine made a good point today.  He told me for the parents of the players who will not get their kids vaccinated due to fear of the side effects of a vaccine for a very serious illness, they will allow their kids to play with the risk of head injury/TBI/Concussions which is linked to CTE, Alzheimer's, ALS, and other neurological chronic diseases.  Parents and kids often site their love for football as a reason to want to play even in the face of some risks-long term from repeated head trauma.  I understand that reasoning and think it's very fair and normal for many to side with that view (I did and still do) and to simply play football, yet do it as safely as possible, thus accepting some risk.  But, this issue isn't much different to me.  I think it's crazy that there are teams out there in SWVA that have less than 50% of their kids vaccinated.  

If your a parent of a kid that plays or has played and you know the risk of head trauma as it relates to long term neurological illness, yet you accept that small risk because your kid loves the game, you love the game, and you want your kid to play, but to do is as safely as possible.  In short, these types of parents (including myself) are somewhat of a risk taker(s).  So, I'm going to take a risk, be it small, but still a risk with the head trauma issues, but when it comes to a vaccine, I'm going to all of a sudden lose my moral compass or have a personality shift?  That doesn't make since to me.  If you are going to be somewhat of a risk taker, then continue that very small risk taking mindset in the form of the vaccine.  Otherwise, you have exactly the kind of season (if their is a season) as the spring.   

On 8/17/2021 at 11:41 AM, Fairlawncat said:

A friend of mine made a good point today.  He told me for the parents of the players who will not get their kids vaccinated due to fear of the side effects of a vaccine for a very serious illness, they will allow their kids to play with the risk of head injury/TBI/Concussions which is linked to CTE, Alzheimer's, ALS, and other neurological chronic diseases.  Parents and kids often site their love for football as a reason to want to play even in the face of some risks-long term from repeated head trauma.  I understand that reasoning and think it's very fair and normal for many to side with that view (I did and still do) and to simply play football, yet do it as safely as possible, thus accepting some risk.  But, this issue isn't much different to me.  I think it's crazy that there are teams out there in SWVA that have less than 50% of their kids vaccinated.  

If your a parent of a kid that plays or has played and you know the risk of head trauma as it relates to long term neurological illness, yet you accept that small risk because your kid loves the game, you love the game, and you want your kid to play, but to do is as safely as possible.  In short, these types of parents (including myself) are somewhat of a risk taker(s).  So, I'm going to take a risk, be it small, but still a risk with the head trauma issues, but when it comes to a vaccine, I'm going to all of a sudden lose my moral compass or have a personality shift?  That doesn't make since to me.  If you are going to be somewhat of a risk taker, then continue that very small risk taking mindset in the form of the vaccine.  Otherwise, you have exactly the kind of season (if their is a season) as the spring.   

The risk of injury from playing football have been studied long-term and is extremely low. The affects of Covid on a young healthy individual is also extremely low. The vaccine was rushed and just received FDA approval with no long term studies. Personal health decisions should be made on an individual basis.

I think people should get their vaccine. I was thinking “Eh leave it up to the individual.” But I am closer to taking a bit of a harder line with it. 

I am a teacher. Not going to say where, but that obviously puts me in contact with kids. 

Vaccines have gotten the world rid of illnesses such as polio or smallpox. 

If you are concerned about the safety of your kids and that makes you reluctant to vaccinate, then you should be reluctant to allow your kids to play football, drive a car at 16, etc. 

And before anyone says it: vaccines do not cause autism. End of story. Goodbye. The end. See you later. 

54 minutes ago, BearsFan88 said:

I think people should get their vaccine. I was thinking “Eh leave it up to the individual.” But I am closer to taking a bit of a harder line with it. 

I am a teacher. Not going to say where, but that obviously puts me in contact with kids. 

Vaccines have gotten the world rid of illnesses such as polio or smallpox. 

If you are concerned about the safety of your kids and that makes you reluctant to vaccinate, then you should be reluctant to allow your kids to play football, drive a car at 16, etc. 

And before anyone says it: vaccines do not cause autism. End of story. Goodbye. The end. See you later. 

I think it's the tracking devices that are scaring alot of people lol!!!

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

I think it's the tracking devices that are scaring alot of people lol!!!

I just cut mine out. Have to have a really small set of tweezers though because if it's small enough to pass through a hypodermic needle regular sized ones won't work. 🙄

10 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I just cut mine out. Have to have a really small set of tweezers though because if it's small enough to pass through a hypodermic needle regular sized ones won't work. 🙄

Yeah I'm pretty sure I had some feds tracking me but it might have been the weed making me paranoid

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

So that’s the answer! Mine magnetized, I have been stuck to the fridge since last Saturday.

Hey guys, just a quick word from an old man who loves high school football.  A couple of our guys at work actually got the virus and ended up on ventilators.  Both had blood clots in their lungs, and after recovery, (thanks be to God), their doctor told them not to get the vaccine, but are keeping check on the antibodies.  We've also had a few employees that had the virus, didn't end up on the vent, and the doctor told them to get the vaccine, so I think it depends on the situation.  As my view, I'd love to see everyone receive the vaccine, but have to say, it's still an individuals freedom to make that choice. As for me and my wife, we got the vaccine, and we've also used a cell phone for years, so the government already know were we are. Lol!  Just my opinion.

4 hours ago, sixcat said:

People fear scientifically driven data supporting vaccines but will take horse dewormer without hesitation!!!

Society has jumped the shark!

Here’s a perfect example:

https://www.rawstory.com/caleb-wallace/

So instead of a vaccine or mask that you think is trying to turn us all into sheep, you’re gonna be a true ‘Merican instead and take an anti-parasitic equine medication?  In related news, this dude’s going to die, and leave a wife and 4 children behind.  At least he’ll die a “patriot”, for whatever that’s worth.

On 8/26/2021 at 7:34 PM, UVAObserver said:

Here’s a perfect example:

https://www.rawstory.com/caleb-wallace/

So instead of a vaccine or mask that you think is trying to turn us all into sheep, you’re gonna be a true ‘Merican instead and take an anti-parasitic equine medication?  In related news, this dude’s going to die, and leave a wife and 4 children behind.  At least he’ll die a “patriot”, for whatever that’s worth.

Update: he’s being taken off life support and will shortly die.

https://www.insider.com/anti-mask-protester-covid-19-fighting-for-life-hospital-2021-8?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm

On 8/6/2021 at 8:39 AM, sixcat said:

Northam isn't on a ballot anywhere!!! The gubernatorial race in Virginia precludes the sitting Governor from seeking reelection. If you want to suggest Northam is pandering to his base to benefit the Democratic party, fine. Semantics possibly but facts matter. Not calling attention to misleading information is how we've ended up in this mess considering everybody has a voice with social media now. 

I'm not even suggesting there not be a football season. But the fact we're even having this conversation is directly attributable to those selfish people among us who refuse to be vaccinated. That isn't the Governor's fault in the least. I would say the same thing if the sitting Governor represented the Republican party. Those who refuse the vaccine are causing this situation to be far worse than it has to be!!!  It may not be a cure, but it has proven to prevent hospitalization and death. Thus, reducing the stress on an already taxed healthcare system. If you (or anyone else) refuse to get vaccinated, you lose any credibility when blamin

4 minutes ago, It's All About The U said:

Non-Vaccinated individual here! Never been vaccinated and never had Covid! I don't wear a mask anywhere but at work (because it's required and I've got mouths to feed). It's all political bs! Never will I be forced to put anything in my body!

News flash: you already have 

• GMan locked this topic