Will a single game be played?

Fairlawncat

5 minutes ago, It's All About The U said:

Refresh my memory. 🙏

You have a minimum of 32 doses of various vaccines — not even including any flu vaccines — by the age of 18. 

Your body is full of vaccines. Just not the one that could potentially save your life. It’s obviously your choice not to get it, and that’s fine. But I pray you don’t go through what so many in our region are going through right now. Cause it’s too late once people’s minds change in hospital beds. 

42 minutes ago, It's All About The U said:

Non-Vaccinated individual here! Never been vaccinated and never had Covid! I don't wear a mask anywhere but at work (because it's required and I've got mouths to feed). It's all political bs! Never will I be forced to put anything in my body that I do not want!

That's your choice just hope you don't lose any family members like I have.  

44 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Exactly. People have made their choices. I just truly hope they don't go through what some of us have been through. 

Yeah it sucks when you have a family member dying in a hospital and you can't go in to see them one last time and then you got idiots running around blaming the media for blowing it out of proportion and the bad thing is almost all of them are friends so it's gonna happen again eventually.  

9 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

You have a minimum of 32 doses of various vaccines — not even including any flu vaccines — by the age of 18. 

Your body is full of vaccines. Just not the one that could potentially save your life. It’s obviously your choice not to get it, and that’s fine. But I pray you don’t go through what so many in our region are going through right now. Cause it’s too late once people’s minds change in hospital beds. 

Not just this, but hospital availability is a zero-sum concept.  For every ICU spot that’s occupied by some unvaccinated person infected with COVID-19, that’s 1 fewer for folks like my grandmother who might have a heart attack; or my father-in-law that might fall off a roof when doing his job; or me if I get into a serious car accident.  This is not only killing people with COVID-19, but it’s killing people who can’t receive medical treatment because there is no more room.  

It’s doubly selfish.

14 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Not just this, but hospital availability is a zero-sum concept.  For every ICU spot that’s occupied by some unvaccinated person infected with COVID-19, that’s 1 fewer for folks like my grandmother who might have a heart attack; or my father-in-law that might fall off a roof when doing his job; or me if I get into a serious car accident.  This is not only killing people with COVID-19, but it’s killing people who can’t receive medical treatment because there is no more room.  

It’s doubly selfish.

It’s not just selfish, it’s defiant, weaponized ignorance. How many of these people look at the weather app before making decisions? How many of these people had an MRI or a CT scan based on the advice of an expert? It makes zero sense to not trust science, but they can’t look past their cognitive dissonance when they have snake oil salesmen and TV preacher hacks telling them that the science of a vaccine is a lie.  

12 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

It’s not just selfish, it’s defiant, weaponized ignorance. How many of these people look at the weather app before making decisions? How many of these people had an MRI or a CT scan based on the advice of an expert? It makes zero sense to not trust science, but they can’t look past their cognitive dissonance when they have snake oil salesmen and TV preacher hacks telling them that the science of a vaccine is a lie.  

There is a sizable chunk of the American public that is arrogantly stupid, selfish, stubborn, extremely gullible, intellectually lazy, paranoid, and basically doesn't want to be inconvenienced in even the slightest way. It's the damnedest thing I've ever seen.

7 minutes ago, RCITYHOO said:

I really believe if Donald Trump would go on TV and tell people to take the dang shot most if not all would. JMO

You apparently didn't see his Alabama rally where he was booed by the crowd for telling that he got the vaccine and they should too. He started backpedaling real fast.....

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

It’s doubly selfish.

This scenario happened to a local family late last week. A local man had an accident while performing duties related to his livelihood. He had to be air-lifted to Reston, Virginia for the nearest available ICU bed. A campaign is currently underway to help support his wife, who is having to stay in a nearby hotel because of COVID restrictions in the hospital. The family is vaccinated but being severely punished because available space within a reasonable distance of Galax can't be located due to the unvaccinated overwhelming the healthcare system.

It's borderline criminal at this point!!!

54 minutes ago, spyhunter said:

You apparently didn't see his Alabama rally where he was booed by the crowd for telling that he got the vaccine and they should too. He started backpedaling real fast.....

I did not. Not a political kind of guy. Last thing I watch is anything political.

1 hour ago, Mountain Football said:

I heard he got booed for saying that at a rally a few days ago.

He did get booed. Those that aren’t vaccinated at this point are probably never going to be. The focus needs to shift to more effective treatments in my opinion. It’s disingenuous to lay blame solely at unvaccinated when the vaccinated are getting it and likely giving it to them. Everyone deserves medical treatment regardless of vaccination status. Trying to vilify the unvaccinated doesn’t help but further divides. We need more effective treatments options and be proactive by building our natural immune systems. 

19 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

He did get booed. Those that aren’t vaccinated at this point are probably never going to be. The focus needs to shift to more effective treatments in my opinion. 

Awesome-a dude on a keyboard’s opinion versus the opinions of experts in infectious disease.  

As far as vaccinated people “spreading” the virus-thats lifted straight from the looney bin misinformation that you’ve posted in here before as “interesting.”  

31 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

As far as vaccinated people “spreading” the virus-thats lifted straight from the looney bin misinformation that you’ve posted in here before as “interesting.”  

Actually, I know many vaccinated people who have contracted Covid recently and passed it on to other vaccinated and unvaccinated family members and friends. I don’t know maybe they just post that on social media and request prayer to get attention. From your comment, you believe vaccinated people cannot spread the virus. That is unfortunately not true. Vaccinated people can get it, can have or not have symptoms, and spread it. That is a FACT not misinformation. I presume you’re lucky enough not to know any vaccinated people who have gotten Covid; therefore, you discount anyone who doesn’t think the same as you. My main point was maybe our focus should shift to finding more effective treatments because those who haven’t been vaccinated by now probably won’t be. 

2 hours ago, spyhunter said:

Damn must've been some democrats snuck in back door because some of the republicans that I know think he's the Messiah

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said: therefore, you discount anyone who doesn’t think the same as you. 

That’s right, assert your independence from my thoughts and the “groupthink” of all of the most educated members of our society (especially in the realm of infectious disease) and continue listening to the TRUE patriots who run a podcast with a tinfoil hat on or peddle their garbage to the most uninformed and gullible members of our society. 

16 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Actually, I know many vaccinated people who have contracted Covid recently and passed it on to other vaccinated and unvaccinated family members and friends. I don’t know maybe they just post that on social media and request prayer to get attention. From your comment, you believe vaccinated people cannot spread the virus. That is unfortunately not true. Vaccinated people can get it, can have or not have symptoms, and spread it. That is a FACT not misinformation. I presume you’re lucky enough not to know any vaccinated people who have gotten Covid; therefore, you discount anyone who doesn’t think the same as you. My main point was maybe our focus should shift to finding more effective treatments because those who haven’t been vaccinated by now probably won’t be. 

I'll echo that statement.  I know for a fact that where I got it from was somebody that had the vax at work,  They are not required to wear a mask around others as those of us who aren't are required to.  Still got it from one of two people that had the vax and I even had my mask on like supposed to do at work.

2 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I'll echo that statement.  I know for a fact that where I got it from was somebody that had the vax at work,  They are not required to wear a mask around others as those of us who aren't are required to.  Still got it from one of two people that had the vax and I even had my mask on like supposed to do at work.

Trump's fault

8 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

That’s right, assert your independence from my thoughts and the “groupthink” of all of the most educated members of our society (especially in the realm of infectious disease) and continue listening to the TRUE patriots who run a podcast with a tinfoil hat on or peddle their garbage to the most uninformed and gullible members of our society. 

If giving credence to Dr. Walensky from the CDC when she says vaccinated people can transmit Covid to others means I need a tinfoil hat;  then I guess I’ll go purchase a roll of Reynold’s Wrap. 🙄 

3 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Lies, lies, lies….(JK). 

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

If giving credence to Dr. Walensky from the CDC when she says vaccinated people can transmit Covid to others means I need a tinfoil hat;  then I guess I’ll go purchase a roll of Reynold’s Wrap. 🙄 

Sigh…the issues with hospitalizations are from unvaccinated people. No one here claimed vaxxed people couldn’t spread the virus. Blaming vaccinated people for unvaccinated people clogging the hospitals is a wonderful example of the weaponized ignorance I’m referring to.

Didn't we just have this conversation a week ago? How many minds were changed based off our conversations on here? I will confess that after @UVAObserver threw shade at me for getting my information from Bald Eagle News and The American Patriot I have now switched solely to 93.9 Jim Mabe in the Morning for all my information to the happenings in the world. Believe it or not I'm still a right wing nut job that can get along with just about anybody as long as they have a sense of humor.

• GMan locked this topic