Will a single game be played?

Fairlawncat

20 hours ago, BearsFan88 said:

This. 

Vaccines work. Is smallpox going around? No? Then the vaccines worked. Polio? They worked. I am pro-vax. 

I don’t have enough information about Ivermectin to have an opinion, but what I have heard doesn’t sound encouraging. I trust your opinion on the matter. 

I too believe that vaccines work. Never implied that they didn't just stated the obvious, that there are a wide variety of reasons that some elements of the population are skeptical. However, in stating this absolute fact, a few on this board got their panties in a wad and had to go all stone cold Nazi. But, that is fine, I wouldn't expect much more from them. 

21 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Those sources are copypasta from whatever right-wing website you copied them from, exposing Flip-Flop Fauci (which is something with which I agree, if you’ve read anything I’ve posted in the last year).  It doesn’t address Ivermectin.  Surely you’re not this dense.

The tweets are referencing mainstream news articles, about the inconsistencies from Fauci and company. Surely, you aren't so dense that you can't click on tweet and follow a news article to its source. Or perhaps you are.

Just now, bucfan64 said:

I too believe that vaccines work. Never implied that they didn't just stated the obvious, that there are a wide variety of reasons that some elements of the population are skeptical. 

People who peddle/copy and paste every BS misinformation piece fed to them and who trumpet every conspiracy being one of the primary factors. 

21 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Those sources are copypasta from whatever right-wing website you copied them from, exposing Flip-Flop Fauci (which is something with which I agree, if you’ve read anything I’ve posted in the last year).  It doesn’t address Ivermectin.  Surely you’re not this dense.

The Hill, The New York Post, The New York Times, Newsweek, shew all of those bastians of right wing hypocrisy. Get over yourself, I would like to buy you for what you are worth and sell you for what you think you are worth. Easily the top jackass on this forum and everyone knows it, I'm just not afraid to say it.

1 minute ago, Tigerman10 said:

People who peddle/copy and paste every BS misinformation piece fed to them and who trumpet every conspiracy being one of the primary factors. 

If someone copies and pastes a news article from reputable sources, such as Time Magazine, Newsweek, New York Post, New York Times, why is it that it is considered "right wing" conspiracy or misinformation? These links are not from Infowars or Gateway Pundit. The links are examples of different times that different things have been said that are contradictory. Proving my point.

2 minutes ago, bucfan64 said:

If someone copies and pastes a news article from reputable sources, such as Time Magazine, Newsweek, New York Post, New York Times, why is it that it is considered "right wing" conspiracy or misinformation? These links are not from Infowars or Gateway Pundit. The links are examples of different times that different things have been said that are contradictory. Proving my point.

Someone with your vast intellect should understand the difference between the NYT and NYPost editorial pages and actual news. 

But to a greater point, the problem with “news” today is that there is no room to breathe and assess. People want things immediately. They want quotes and takes and expert opinions immediately and sometimes that is not possible to do with 100% accuracy.  It has been impressive to watch the smear job of Fauci, whose only crime seems to have been being an “expert” in a time where expertise is devalued and parsed by outside sources looking to promote outrage and celebrate ignorance. 

I am aware of the vast differences between NYP and NYT. Nonetheless, the sources that I cited arent your typical "right wing," sources. Those that are discrediting the sources didnt even bother to see what they were  which is typical, especially when lazily defending a position. 

Regardless of the sources  the inconsistencies are persistent. 

Discrediting every source leaves one without any sources to cite themselves. Ironically, some think that they can discredit any sources they disagree with but have no problem citing their references as reputable. 

Who grant's them the power to make this call?(rhetorical)

6 hours ago, bucfan64 said:

The fact that you think the New York Post is a “reputable source” is hilarious at best. Alexander Hamilton is rolling in his grave at what his organization has turned into. 

11 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

But enough about you…

Honestly, this conversation is much like arguing with a nut over whether the earth is round.  There’s only so many ways to explain an objective fact.

OBJECTIVE FACT - People have reason to be skeptical of the vaccine, you act as if this is some kind of conspiracy yet you refuse to acknowledge it in an attempt to prop up your false sense of superiority. 

On 9/7/2021 at 2:31 PM, bucfan64 said:

UVAObserver has spoken, let it be so!

Absolutley, it is entirely impossible that a drug or treatment could be effective for something other than it's original intent. This has never happened in medicine, NEVER, Correct?

Ivermectin, for whatever reason has shown to prevent an INCREASE in covid symptoms. It has also show to prevent covid from interfering with innate immunity. It has also shown  to help decrease inflammation in the body as a result of excessive immune reaction to the virus. 

No parasites, no tape worms, were killed during the typing of this post, yet, Ivermectin, a drug designed to eliminate parasites has shown to be effective. 

New study. Not peer reviewed yet, but it paints a hilarious picture. 
https://www.scholarsresearchlibrary.com/articles/effects-of-ivermectin-therapy-on-the-sperm-functions-of-nigerian-onchocerciasis-patients.pdf
People keep on saying the vaccine isn’t safe and instead take a medicine for a horse — that sterilizes them. 

#NaturalSelectionAtItsFinest

Bottom line is we all have our own opinions based on what we have seen, heard or read.  Maybe we have had Covid or maybe not.  If we did maybe our opinion changed, then again maybe it's even stronger than before.

With all that said attacking each other is NOT going to change an individuals opinion regardless which side they are on.  Respect each other and let's get back to some Football!!!

(If I wanted to read about covid arguments, I'd stay on MSN, Fox, or CNN sheesh...)

10 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

The fact that you think the New York Post is a “reputable source” is hilarious at best. Alexander Hamilton is rolling in his grave at what his organization has turned into. 

Reputable in that it is mainstream, I personally do not consider any of the sources that I mentioned to be without criticism. However, the idea that I was pulling these quotes from far right wing clickbait was ludicrous.

4 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

New study. Not peer reviewed yet, but it paints a hilarious picture. 
https://www.scholarsresearchlibrary.com/articles/effects-of-ivermectin-therapy-on-the-sperm-functions-of-nigerian-onchocerciasis-patients.pdf
People keep on saying the vaccine isn’t safe and instead take a medicine for a horse — that sterilizes them. 

#NaturalSelectionAtItsFinest

Yes or No. People have reason to be skeptical of the Vaccine? Simple question.

Just now, bucfan64 said:

Yes or No. People have reason to be skeptical of the Vaccine? Simple question.

I’m not part of your argument with UVAO. I was just posting a new study that shows if you take Ivermectin — there’s a high chance you won’t have kids anymore. 

I personally don’t care what your opinion on the vaccine is. You’re not going to have you mind changed unless you’re on a ventilator — so there’s no need in my wasting my time in that argument 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I personally don’t care what your opinion on the vaccine is. You’re not going to have you mind changed unless you’re on a ventilator — so there’s no need in my wasting my time in that argument 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nowhere have I indicated that I am against Vaccines. NOWHERE. How are you coming to this conclusion? 

Is it because I am objectively stating a fact that there are reasons that SOME PEOPLE  are skeptical of the vaccine? 

Answer the simple question that I posited above. 

Are there reasons that have made some people skeptical of the vaccine? Yes or No 

If you say NO, you are delusional. 

If you say YES, I will caution you, the COVID NAZIS may come for you, they may "read into your answer," and accuse you of being a flat earther or even worse, a radical ring-wing conspiracy theorist. (Because, we all know that objectivism is out the window when it comes to the Ministry of Propaganda)

I have stated the obvious, there are a multitude of reasons to be skeptical, some folks do not like to hear that, not liking it does not make it less true. My stating it does not make me an anti-vaxxer, it does not mean that I wish for puppies and little babies to die. It is simply a statement, nothing more. 

• GMan locked this topic