Will a single game be played?

Fairlawncat

Whether or not to get or not get the vaccine is all about risk management and evaluating your personal health circumstances. That decision should be left to you with information from your personal doctor(s). There is risk in not taking the vaccine. You may end up very sick or dead from the virus. Then, of course, you regret not getting the shot. There is also real risk in getting blood clots that last a lifetime or immediate damage. In that case you regret getting the shot. After talking to my doctor I decided to not get the shot at this time. My mind is open to getting it in the future. After talking to their doctor my parents decided at age 78 to get the shot. Less than 6 weeks later one had a blood clot in the heart and a major heart attack and the other had a brain blood clot and a stroke. They regret getting the shot. 

Now no one can prove that the person that refused the shot and died would not have died if they did get the shot. No one can prove that my parents would not have had the same issues if they had refused the shot. You just have to look at your situation, evaluate your odds as best you can and then make your decision.

38 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

It's not even noon! Are you out of beer and Cheetos too? 😂

I think I used them up last night & hasn't reset yet. I'm not sure why we're limited. I would also like an eye roll reaction not for your posts but others that are so much more intelligent than us average Joe's. But yeah, maybe I need an ABC run! 😂😂😂 

3 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Whether or not to get or not get the vaccine is all about risk management and evaluating your personal health circumstances. That decision should be left to you with information from your personal doctor(s). There is risk in not taking the vaccine. You may end up very sick or dead from the virus. Then, of course, you regret not getting the shot. There is also real risk in getting blood clots that last a lifetime or immediate damage. In that case you regret getting the shot. After talking to my doctor I decided to not get the shot at this time. My mind is open to getting it in the future. After talking to their doctor my parents decided at age 78 to get the shot. Less than 6 weeks later one had a blood clot in the heart and a major heart attack and the other had a brain blood clot and a stroke. They regret getting the shot. 

Now no one can prove that the person that refused the shot and died would not have died if they did get the shot. No one can prove that my parents would not have had the same issues if they had refused the shot. You just have to look at your situation, evaluate your odds as best you can and then make your decision.

There have been no reported cases of blood clots from the Pfizer/Biotech or Moderna vaccines.  That’s literally not a side effect of those 2 vaccines.

As for Johnson & Johnson, the last available data I found from Yale showed 28 total blood clot cases among the 9,000,000 doses administered, resulting in 3 deaths.  The statistical probability of any one person developing blood clots from the J&J vaccine is 0.0003% (actually, 0.000311%).  The odds of accurately pegging 2 specific people who had that specific condition therefore is 0.000000001%, and that’s actually rounding up a little bit (it’s 0.0000000009656%).  That comes out to 1 in 103,562,551,781, roughly.  That’s barely shy of the odds of correctly selecting a perfect NCAA tournament bracket by correctly guessing all 63 winners at random.  

I’m not calling you a liar.  Hell, I lost my grandfather to a blood clot that lodged in his aorta.  But blood clots occasionally happen to older people, and it is all but statistically impossible that a vaccine caused both of them.

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I think I used them up last night & hasn't reset yet. I'm not sure why we're limited. I would also like an eye roll reaction not for your posts but others that are so much more intelligent than us average Joe's. But yeah, maybe I need an ABC run! 😂😂😂 

Stop.  Your embarrassing me

5 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

There have been no reported cases of blood clots from the Pfizer/Biotech or Moderna vaccines.  That’s literally not a side effect of those 2 vaccines.

As for Johnson & Johnson, the last available data I found from Yale showed 28 total blood clot cases among the 9,000,000 doses administered, resulting in 3 deaths.  The statistical probability of any one person developing blood clots from the J&J vaccine is 0.0003% (actually, 0.000311%).  The odds of accurately pegging 2 specific people who had that specific condition therefore is 0.000000001%, and that’s actually rounding up a little bit (it’s 0.0000000009656%).  That comes out to 1 in 103,562,551,781, roughly.  That’s barely shy of the odds of correctly selecting a perfect NCAA tournament bracket by correctly guessing all 63 winners at random.  

I’m not calling you a liar.  Hell, I lost my grandfather to a blood clot that lodged in his aorta.  But blood clots occasionally happen to older people, and it is all but statistically impossible that a vaccine caused both of them.

My doctor and all the evidence says there are microscopic blood clots from all 3 vaccines that form all over. The CDC doesn't count those because they don't show up on certain scans. None of them by themselves are damgerous but all together can be very dangerous. You go ahead and get the vaccine. No problem with me and I hope you do well. But I don't trust the CDC or the FDA because they manipulate the statistics with covid to pander to the vaccine companies.

25 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

My doctor and all the evidence says there are microscopic blood clots from all 3 vaccines that form all over. The CDC doesn't count those because they don't show up on certain scans. None of them by themselves are damgerous but all together can be very dangerous. You go ahead and get the vaccine. No problem with me and I hope you do well. But I don't trust the CDC or the FDA because they manipulate the statistics with covid to pander to the vaccine companies.

Do you have evidence to support that last statement? Just curious. 

I have read the same thing. The wife and I got vaxd, but I have read about blood clots that are not serious and no big deal that come from the spike proteins in the vax and vax boosters. However, I'm not going to just add booster shots on order to have piece of mind about Covid when I have antibodies against the Virus. I'm not risking an accumulation of clots if there is no gain in a booster. I do feel some, not all of em, but some are shooting at the hip with the booster recommendations. Meaning, they really aren't sure and seem to be all over the place for or against. 

The wife and I had the virus and have had the vax. We pay 150 bucks total (75 a piece) every 3 months to check our antibodies. As long as we have them, I will not be getting a booster. The first test that shows we don't have an adequate level of antibodies will result in me boostering up. I think there is something to be said about natural immunity to the virus (having had the virus.) I've read a couple articles that said the natural antibodies may last for years, but that they didn't know/unsure.

It is impossible to know everything there is to know about a novel virus.

It is also impossible to know everything there is to know about a vaccine for a novel virus. 

That being said, color me skeptical that people who guzzle down the newest flavor of Mountain Dew without question are suddenly concerned about how long the Covid vaccine has been researched.  It is much more likely that there is a subset of the population whose anger/defiance/distrust of “authority” has been taken advantage of by bad actors. 

I here what your saying Tigerman. I understand that blood clots is no big deal, not a factor at all with one vax. But, what about one vax and 2 or 3 boosters? I don't think they know yet how that will go down. Maybe they already know it and have found it safe, but again, as long as I got antibodies and can pay the 75 bucks every 12 weeks to ensure I haven't lost em, then I just ain't sold on a booster yet. Now admitted, I'm far more 30x more scared of one single needle in my muscle than a blood clot risk. Getting an IV blood draw doesn't bother me one bit, but when they go deep and got the muscle, I have passed out two times in my past. 

2 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

I here what your saying Tigerman. I understand that blood clots is no big deal, not a factor at all with one vax. But, what about one vax and 2 or 3 boosters? I don't think they know yet how that will go down. Maybe they already know it and have found it safe, but again, as long as I got antibodies and can pay the 75 bucks every 12 weeks to ensure I haven't lost em, then I just ain't sold on a booster yet. Now admitted, I'm far more 30x more scared of one single needle in my muscle than a blood clot risk. Getting an IV blood draw doesn't bother me one bit, but when they go deep and got the muscle, I have passed out two times in my past. 

I’m not disagreeing with you at all-I was more responding to our friendly neighborhood preacher who is providing a much needed booster for vaccine skeptics across our great commonwealth. 

12 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

I’m not disagreeing with you at all-I was more responding to our friendly neighborhood preacher who is providing a much needed booster for vaccine skeptics across our great commonwealth. 

I here ya man. Im hoping this thing will get on with it and just get the heck out of town, but Covid seems like it can take a punch and fire back a straight right overhand. I thought it would be gone by now and we would have a normal football season. It's anything but normal. 

4 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

I wouldn't go that far. I have blood clots at one time unrelated a few years ago, it can be super duper scary

• 1 month later...

22 minutes ago, bucfan64 said:

Where were you when the National Institute of Health quietly admitted that Ivermectin is an effective treatment for Covid?

I'll leave this right here.

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/tables/table-2e/

It literally says approved doses OR amounts reported from clinical trials.  All this means is that they are studying the effectiveness of ivermectin. You can find the statement below precisely one click away. 

It’s stunning that you’re an educator.  

0F94562A-1254-46E4-9D5C-294CAFB26C95.jpeg

I've had 3 heart attacks in 2019

Was pronounced dead twice from them

My heart Dr Cousins and general DR both highly told me to get the Covid shot as soon as possible

Only side effects I've had was a sore arm for 2 days

1st I've every seen or heard of blood clots from the shot

and I have heart scans every 2 months 

10 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

It literally says approved doses OR amounts reported from clinical trials.  All this means is that they are studying the effectiveness of ivermectin. You can find the statement below precisely one click away. 

The fact that Ivermectin is listed as a potential treatment for Covid on the NIH website seems to escape you and for some reason you use the disclaimer in an attempt to make it go away. Nice try, Although they cover themselves by stating that they are awaiting more specific evidence, they DO have it listed as a treatment. This is a fact. 

Characteristics of Antiviral Agents That Are Approved or Under Evaluation for the Treatment of COVID-19

10 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

Why would they study horse paste? Must be a bunch of nuts at the NIH, how stupid could they possibly be?

4 minutes ago, bucfan64 said:

The fact that Ivermectin is listed as a potential treatment for Covid on the NIH website seems to escape you and for some reason you use the disclaimer in an attempt to make it go away. Nice try, Although they cover themselves by stating that they are awaiting more specific evidence, they DO have it listed as a treatment. This is a fact. 

Characteristics of Antiviral Agents That Are Approved or Under Evaluation for the Treatment of COVID-19

It is not an approved treatment-it is under evaluation.  The FDA also evaluated hydroxicholorquine in the same manner and determined it is not effective.  

• GMan locked this topic