Will a single game be played?

Fairlawncat

3 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

That keeps me from getting 2 needles.

Never felt either one and I hate needles.  Never had any side effects either other than being really dragging the day after the first one...not certain it was the shot thought because I didn't sleep well that night...

1 minute ago, GMan said:

Never felt either one and I hate needles.  Never had any side effects either other than being really dragging the day after the first one...not certain it was the shot thought because I didn't sleep well that night...

Same. No side effects. Arm was like a 4 out of 10 sore for 2 days. None of the 2nd shot fatigue or anything. If they say I need a booster — I’ll be there as soon as it’s my turn. I’ll do anything to be able to get back to normal again. And this summer was amazing being back close to it. 

13 hours ago, sixcat said:

Northam isn't on a ballot anywhere!!! The gubernatorial race in Virginia precludes the sitting Governor from seeking reelection. If you want to suggest Northam is pandering to his base to benefit the Democratic party, fine. Semantics possibly but facts matter. Not calling attention to misleading information is how we've ended up in this mess considering everybody has a voice with social media now. 

I'm not even suggesting there not be a football season. But the fact we're even having this conversation is directly attributable to those selfish people among us who refuse to be vaccinated. That isn't the Governor's fault in the least. I would say the same thing if the sitting Governor represented the Republican party. Those who refuse the vaccine are causing this situation to be far worse than it has to be!!!  It may not be a cure, but it has proven to prevent hospitalization and death. Thus, reducing the stress on an already taxed healthcare system. If you (or anyone else) refuse to get vaccinated, you lose any credibility when blaming others for another shut-down.

Check your facts, you make some good points. However, i know two fully vacinated people that died from the delta variant and another sister of them is hospitalized now.

6 minutes ago, oldfool said:

Check your facts, you make some good points. However, i know two fully vacinated people that died from the delta variant and another sister of them is hospitalized now.

42 Virginians have died from Covid while fully vaccinated. Nearly 5 million are vaccinated. That breaks down to 0.0009%, FWIW. 

42 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

42 Virginians have died from Covid while fully vaccinated. Nearly 5 million are vaccinated. That breaks down to 0.0009%, FWIW. 

As of Thursday 8 deaths in Virginia ages 0-19 yet, we’re going to make all school age  kids mask up again…at this point it needs to be a parental choice. Wonder what percentage that works our to be? I’d say way less than 0.0009. 

4 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

As of Thursday 8 deaths in Virginia ages 0-19 yet, we’re going to make all school age  kids mask up again…at this point it needs to be a parental choice. Wonder what percentage that works our to be? I’d say way less than 0.0009. 

I think their reasoning is that Delta is making more kids sick. Ballad has 2 kids on ventilators right now, and a handful more in the PICU

Its still less then adults, but it does seem to be wore then regular Covid was. 

7 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I think their reasoning is that Delta is making more kids sick. Ballad has 2 kids on ventilators right now, and a handful more in the PICU

Its still less then adults, but it does seem to be wore then regular Covid was. 

THINK those two kids are football players at Twin Springs.

8 hours ago, oldfool said:

I think we played this game in elementary school. It’s called “telephone” isn’t it? 

My sisters first cousins dads brothers parents said this so it must be true, right?!?!? 

I’ll stick to the science while you continue to get “facts” from Facebook. 

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/vaccinated-people-key-role-evolution-dangerous-covid-variants/?fbclid=IwAR2VZ15mWhws8T1Sus59BsAWUX-Xiq_tjR75jsBXRXxTqY6rQJYIQpCW0iM

Here’s an interesting read. Maybe unvaccinated aren’t driving the uptick in cases like the media & elected officials want us to believe.

Either way, I hope we get to play football and people’s freedoms aren’t further eroded. We’re going down a slippery slope. 

23 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/vaccinated-people-key-role-evolution-dangerous-covid-variants/?fbclid=IwAR2VZ15mWhws8T1Sus59BsAWUX-Xiq_tjR75jsBXRXxTqY6rQJYIQpCW0iM

Here’s an interesting read. Maybe unvaccinated aren’t driving the uptick in cases like the media & elected officials want us to believe.

Either way, I hope we get to play football and people’s freedoms aren’t further eroded. We’re going down a slippery slope. 

A perfect example of the dangers of the internet. Research from the CDC (the top scientists in the nation with a $6billion budget and held to the highest and most rigorous standards) or an “interesting” website that is funded by click bait ads and claims to be “censored by the media and big pharma” 

It's a dang mess regarding info in today's time. We got the federal government who largely tells the truth, but occasionally it fibs also, and we have Russian and Chinese bots out there literally spreading disinformation and causing chaos, and then you have both sides of our political pundits sharpening their knives to get out their agendas. When it's all said and done, it's tough to know who to believe. I guess that's the way the Chinese Government and the folks at the Kremlin would want it.  A large part of television media is skewed one way politically and many of these outlets don't hide it anymore. Now, when one of these outlets is delivering information to someone in their 50s and up who still largely get news from TV media, they are less likely to trust those media (even if the information this time is truthful and legitimate.) I think that is also playing a part. 

Either way, my wife and I are undergoing the needle Monday morning. I'm not worried about the vax making me sick. I hate needles! I worry about the process of getting injected.

20 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

A perfect example of the dangers of the internet. Research from the CDC (the top scientists in the nation with a $6billion budget and held to the highest and most rigorous standards) or an “interesting” website that is funded by click bait ads and claims to be “censored by the media and big pharma” 

The CDC formerly the US Public Health Service also funded and conducted the Tuskegee experimet claiming it was for their own good & health; forgive me if I don’t have 100% faith in everything they say. If anyone is naive enough to think big pharma hasn’t played a hand in all of this or at least a small part, I’ve got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. 

3 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

It's a dang mess regarding info in today's time. We got the federal government who largely tells the truth, but occasionally it fibs also, and we have Russian and Chinese bots out there literally spreading disinformation and causing chaos, and then you have both sides of our political pundits sharpening their knives to get out their agendas. When it's all said and done, it's tough to know who to believe. I guess that's the way the Chinese Government and the folks at the Kremlin would want it.  A large part of television media is skewed one way politically and many of these outlets don't hide it anymore. Now, when one of these outlets is delivering information to someone in their 50s and up who still largely get news from TV media, they are less likely to trust those media (even if the information this time is truthful and legitimate.) I think that is also playing a part. 

Either way, my wife and I are undergoing the needle Monday morning. I'm not worried about the vax making me sick. I hate needles! I worry about the process of getting injected.

I HATE needles. The nurse asked me if I was ready. I said yes and waited, and then I felt her put on the bandaid. I never even felt it lol. 

The news I trust is the AP. They are truly the only neutral media outlet there is. Everything else has a sway one way or the other, except the AP.  

Just now, Ryan4VT said:

I HATE needles. The nurse asked me if I was ready. I said yes and waited, and then I felt her put on the bandaid. I never even felt it lol. 

You’re lucky to get a nurse like that! I had one try five times to get an IV line in me. I literally thought I was going to puke. I hate needles too, lol! 

12 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Same. No side effects. Arm was like a 4 out of 10 sore for 2 days. None of the 2nd shot fatigue or anything. If they say I need a booster — I’ll be there as soon as it’s my turn. I’ll do anything to be able to get back to normal again. And this summer was amazing being back close to it. 

I didn't even have a sore arm.

50 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

That also says that the vaccine resistant strains come when a large portion is vaccinated, but the virus isn’t controlled… again circling back to the fact that people won’t get the vaccine, thus allowing it to become uncontrolled, no? 

1 minute ago, GMan said:

I didn't even have a sore arm.

I really only felt it when I picked up my son to play or something. I never felt it just sitting around or working or whatever. 

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

You’re lucky to get a nurse like that! I had one try five times to get an IV line in me. I literally thought I was going to puke. I hate needles too, lol! 

IVs are a lot different than poking a needle into muscle to give a shot.  With and IV, the nurse has to hit a small vein that can't really be seen clearly enough to know that the needle is going into it.

2 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

It was whoever was giving out the shots at the Walgreens on West Valley in Bristol lol. Both times I couldn’t feel it, and it was different ones giving me the shot both times. 

9 minutes ago, GMan said:

IVs are a lot different than poking a needle into muscle to give a shot.  With and IV, the nurse has to hit a small vein that can't really be seen clearly enough to know that the needle is going into it.

That’s true but I’ve had nurses that can do it first try , no issues. I appreciate nurses and they deserve all the recognition especially now even if they flub IV insertion. It’s a shame some are losing their jobs or being manipulated into taking a vaccine they do not want to. I had the vaccine with minor issues but I never had Covid prior to taking it. My doctor told me if you’ve had Covid, the natural immunity is probably better than the vaccine. He recommends not taking vaccine if you’ve had Covid. I fully support anyone’s right to not take the vaccine. 

The way I understand is ....the vax doesn't guarantee you will not get Covid or the Delta variant, it will only decrease the chances of getting it, BUT the vax dramatically decreases the chances of getting critically sick if you do catch it.  This makes sense to me for example, Hawaii has a bunch of people who have been vaccinated, yet Delta Covid is running hard through Hawaii for unvax and vax people, but the amount of people being critically ill is very, very low for those who have the vax. 

I believe what your doc is saying about natural immunity from Covid. My Doc echoed something similar a while back. My concern for natural immunity and the vax is....how long does immunity last? I don't know the answer on it. 

4 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

The way I understand is ....the vax doesn't guarantee you will not get Covid or the Delta variant, it will only decrease the chances of getting it, BUT the vax dramatically decreases the chances of getting critically sick if you do catch it.  This makes sense to me for example, Hawaii has a bunch of people who have been vaccinated, yet Delta Covid is running hard through Hawaii for unvax and vax people, but the amount of people being critically ill is very, very low for those who have the vax. 

I believe what your doc is saying about natural immunity from Covid. My Doc echoed something similar a while back. My concern for natural immunity and the vax is....how long does immunity last? I don't know the answer on it. 

That's the way I understand it to be it's supposed to keep you from getting really sick not from getting it.  

2 hours ago, goose111874 said:

That's the way I understand it to be it's supposed to keep you from getting really sick not from getting it.  

I look at it like a life jacket. A life jacket won't keep you from falling in the water, and certainly won't keep you from getting wet. A life jacket isn't even 100% guaranteed to keep you from drowning, but it greatly increases the chances that you survive if you take a spill into deep and/or moving water. I'd never consider getting out on the water in a kayak or in a moving boat without one, and I didn't hesitate to take the vaccine when my opportunity arrived. 

• GMan locked this topic