Giles @ Hidden Valley      5:00
Parry McCluer @ Luray 

Abingdon @ Graham          6:00
Nelson Co. @ Mountain View (SJ-Q)

Lord Botetourt @ (Kpt) Dobyns-Bennett (TN)   6:00

Union @ Elizabethton (TN)   ?6?

Tunstall @ (Eden) Morehead  7:00

FRIDAY, 8/13    

Franklin Co., Appomattox Co., Wilson Memorial @ Liberty (Bedford) jam.      5:00

Fredericksburg Christian, Webster Co. (WV)  @ Bath Co. jam.  5:00

Central (Wise) & Belfry (KY) @ Richlands     5:30?

Tazewell, Patrick Henry @ Ridgeview jam.      6:00

James River, Staunton River, PH-Roanoke @ Magna Vista jam.    6:00
(also seeing James River @ Staunton 5:00)

William Byrd @ Glenvar   5:00
Parry McCluer @ Luray   

Radford @ Grayson Co.    5:30

Castlewood @ Hurley        6:00
Fort Chiswell @ Blacksburg  
Carroll Co. @ Christiansburg
Cave Spring @ Floyd Co.
Brookville @ Salem  
Bassett @ William Campbell
Martinsville @ Gretna 
GW-Danville @ Heritage (Lynch) 
!! Buffalo Gap @ Alleghany - CCD !!
Buckingham Co. @ Altavista
Millbrook @ Amherst Co.

Marion @ Honaker        7:00
Eastside @ Va. High
Northside @ Jefferson Forest
William Fleming @ EC Glass  ? 7 ?

SATURDAY, 8/14

Mountain Mayhem Jam. @ Twin Valley E/MS, Oakwood - CCD

JI Burton, Galax, Holston, Rural Retreat, Narrows, Mt. Airy (NC) @ George Wythe jam.

10:00  Narrows - Rural Retreat,   Galax - Mt. Airy
11:00  Holston - JI Burton,  Mt. Airy - GW
12:00  Narrows - JIB,  Galax - RR
 1:00  Holston - GW

Patrick Henry-GS, Roanoke Catholic, Montcalm (WV) @ Bland Co. jam.  10:00

Dan River @ Liberty Christian     10:00

Turner Ashby @ Riverheads  11:00

Eastern Montgomery @ Randolph-Henry jam.    11:00

Craig Co. @ Patrick Co.    1:00

Mingo Central @ River View (WV)   6:00

Massaponax @ Martinsburg (WV)  tba

Black & Blue Bowl @ Shelby Valley
Harlan Co. - Shelby Valley (KY) 
Pikeville - Pike Central 

2 hours ago, MT FAN 91 said:

Rumor isn't true!!! Only one staff member or player tested positive so whole team has to sit out.

why would the whole team have to sit out? little over kill wouldn't you say?  gonna be a lot of rumors out there this year. not looking forward to it

Because that is what the health department said we had to do because of close contact, I'd put money on it that we are not the only team this happens to. People can talk and spread rumors about it all they want but that doesn't make any of them true. The principal called parents today to explain it so I'll go with what I was told when he called and by what the coaches and players have said and were told.

12 hours ago, MT FAN 91 said:

Rumor isn't true!!! Only one staff member or player tested positive so whole team has to sit out.

Rumors are a wild thing man! This won't be the only time it happens this season and Galax won't be the only program it happens to. 

First time poster long time reader i have a couple of nephews playing this fall at a few local teams

I understand safety protocols and making sure as few people as possible are not potentially infected and so on and so forth

But at what point do athletes and coaches stop going to get tested?  

i mean this isnt going away obviously so your choices are got get the shot, or stop getting tested, thats the only way to get some normal back 

1 hour ago, BigGib said:

First time poster long time reader i have a couple of nephews playing this fall at a few local teams

I understand safety protocols and making sure as few people as possible are not potentially infected and so on and so forth

But at what point do athletes and coaches stop going to get tested?  

i mean this isnt going away obviously so your choices are got get the shot, or stop getting tested, thats the only way to get some normal back 

If it were me there in no way in hell I would put my team in jeopardy. I didnt like going to the doctor before all this came out..  

8 hours ago, JDHoss said:

The Botetourt v Dobyns-Bennett game is going to be played at E&H tomorrow, according to our grandson, who plays for D-B.

Wow. DB actually having anything to do with a Virginia team half their size?

That’s a shocker. 

22 minutes ago, BearsFan88 said:

Wow. DB actually having anything to do with a Virginia team half their size?

That’s a shocker. 

LB will be very competitive with DB and may beat them. DB is having QB issues. Big O line decent backs for DB and that is it.. 

2 hours ago, SXSW said:

LB will be very competitive with DB and may beat them. DB is having QB issues. Big O line decent backs for DB and that is it.. 

The defense looks like an issue as well. We didn't make the trip to Anderson Co last week, but they had a rough night, and got chewed up pretty good by Knox Central the week before. Those are two really good programs though. Aside from Greeneville, Science Hill and Oak Ridge, they won't face anything close to those teams in the regular season. 

25 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

The defense looks like an issue as well. We didn't make the trip to Anderson Co last week, but they had a rough night, and got chewed up pretty good by Knox Central the week before. Those are two really good programs though. Aside from Greeneville, Science Hill and Oak Ridge, they won't face anything close to those teams in the regular season. 

No offense to DB, but Lord Botetourt might chew them all to pieces.  LB is also closer to 1100 students now while DB lists around 1800

3 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

No offense to DB, but Lord Botetourt might chew them all to pieces.  LB is also closer to 1100 students now while DB lists around 1800

D-B had 2,364 in 2020 according to the TSSAA numbers. D-B may or may not be competitive with Botty-tot, but the junior and senior classes of D-B really struggled to win games at Robinson and Sevier middle schools, and didn't fare much better as freshmen. I have no idea what Botty returns, but D-B lost 20 out of 22 starting positions from last year, and it's really shown in the 1st two scrimmages. 

5 hours ago, GC_Quincy said:

I wasn't able to go last night, but sounds like GC played Tennessee High pretty tough (heard it was 5-3 but not confirmed). I'm sure we'll find out more in the benefit game next week but that was at least encouraging. 

It appears that there is a lot of improvement since last year.  The coaches are doing an excellent job with these kids.  Brady Edwards and Ethan Fleming are strong on defense.  Luke Bledsoe is a solid QB.  Carson Jenkins is an amazing playmaker with blistering speed.  

6 minutes ago, KevinG said:

It appears that there is a lot of improvement since last year.  The coaches are doing an excellent job with these kids.  Brady Edwards and Ethan Fleming are strong on defense.  Luke Bledsoe is a solid QB.  Carson Jenkins is an amazing playmaker with blistering speed.  

Yeah that Jenkins kid is stupid fast...

5 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

Wow, that's a lot of kids for DB

Kingsport is growing fairly quickly. The 2010 census had them at 48,205. 2020 at about 55,442. 

No surprise that DB enrollment would increase.