A few other notable programs on hold at the moment -

Garden Green Dragons

Whitewood Indians

Ervinton Rebels

Haysi Tigers

Clintwood Green Wave

Pocahontas Indians

Raven Crimson Tide

Let's hope these teams get back on the gridiron soon!

Not looking good for the Rich Valley Steers, Atkins Bulldogs, or Sugar Grove Maple Leafs being able to field a team this year.

Here's what frustrates me pretty dang good.  Lets say 100% of all kids in Virginia on every team were either vaccinated or they have had the virus in the past or possibly both, had the virus and the vax.  The thing is that people can still have the darn virus and what do parents do, they will get their kids tested even if they are just a touch sick in many cases.  Why do they do that?  Because you can bet someone in the family hasn't been vax'd and there is worry the healthy kid who has had the vax, but has Covid would give it to the family member.  (I'm not knocking someone's decision to be vax'd or not be vax'd)  Now, I know that most people likely still wouldn't do this and they wouldn't want to mess up the team, but it only takes ONE.  It takes ONE test, on single parent or whatever to get that test and boom, you have exactly what you have at Galax  One kid positive and one entire program shut down.  So, what I'm sayin is, we are needing 60 to 100 parents that are affiliated with a team to go 100%.  They can't be 99%.  They have to be 100% spot on in compliance with "not getting tested" and the odds of that happening in any program are ZERO.

45 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

A few other notable programs on hold at the moment -

Garden Green Dragons

Whitewood Indians

Ervinton Rebels

Haysi Tigers

Clintwood Green Wave

Pocahontas Indians

Raven Crimson Tide

Let's hope these teams get back on the gridiron soon!

You forgot Appalachia and Powell valley

2 hours ago, goose111874 said:

You forgot Appalachia and Powell valley

While we're at it, the East Stone Gap Tigers, Big Stone Gap Buccaneers, Bland (Big Stone Gap) St Charles Midgets, Jonesville Bulldogs, Dryden Crusaders and Flatwoods Hornets (although Flatwoods and Dryden didn't have football) are on hold too. 

2 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:One kid positive and one entire program shut down.  

That’s what happened to Graham last year prior to playoff game with Union. One JV kid teated positive, the entire team shutdown.  Of course, several other teams during the playoffs too. It stinks!

6 hours ago, GDUB said:

I mean exposure or close contact isn’t just walking by someone or even talking to them for a few minutes outside! CDC states exposure is 15 min or longer in poorly vented room. What are we doing here! 

15 min or longer in poorly vented room???  Pretty sure it's  "15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period ". 

AND, that was with Alpha.  Delta has like 1000X the viral load, so 15 minutes becomes 1 SECOND.

i

On 8/11/2021 at 9:51 AM, Fairlawncat said:

At Radford, we had all but 7 vaxd on our team as of a week ago.  2 of the 7 who weren't vaxd had already had the virus in the past, so that basically means we have 5 left.  That's a pretty good ratio of total kids vax or having had the virus compared to not.  

Radford just got tested this morning so the earlier statement from yesterday that 3 were positive was premature although may turn out to be the final number.  The kids were told 1 positive on the team originally with was from associations on the golf team.  with Radford having a vax rate of less than 50% I would be surprised it was only 7 unvaccinated.  I personally know of 4 that didn't have it.

Radford starts back today for those that test negative.  

13 hours ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Council Cobras need a reboot just to improve the 0-40 all-time record.   To guarantee success, their entire schedule could be teams from Eastern KY.  FEAR THE SNAKE, BETSY LAYNE!

That record is very deceiving though a few breaks here in there and they could've easily been 1-39

1 hour ago, RadCat said:

Radford just got tested this morning so the earlier statement from yesterday that 3 were positive was premature although may turn out to be the final number.  The kids were told 1 positive on the team originally with was from associations on the golf team.  with Radford having a vax rate of less than 50% I would be surprised it was only 7 unvaccinated.  I personally know of 4 that didn't have it.

Radford starts back today for those that test negative.  

I have been told there are only a few kids on the team who haven't been vax'd.  My info is clearly not accurate.  As for the Bobcats or any High School Team, the kids really should think about their decisions to not be vax'd.  Aside from personal choice, health beliefs and all of that, just looking at it from a football perspective, it literally can mean the difference as to whether your program shuts down with 1 or 2 positive results or whether the program carries on.  The guidelines by the CDC are IF you have been vax'd and you have been exposed to someone who has Covid, you do not have to quarantine, you do not have to wait 10 days, you don't even have to go home, you can continue practicing, except you need to be tested in 3-5 days.  During that 3-5 day wait, your program doesn't have to shut down.  The only players that have to quarantine are the ones without the vax, so it's pretty clear on how having the vaccine can really determine a whole bunch, possibly the entire season or how far a team goes.  IF this happens come playoff time, your season ends.  So, from at least a football perspective and not a health or political perspective but simply a football point of view, there's a lot to be said for being vaccinated.