Sign in to follow this  
Tigers_07

Doug Hubbard

I'm sure everyone on here knows that this season is Doug Hubbard's last season as Honaker's Head Coach. 39 years as the boss for the Tigers. what is everyone's favorite moment/game that comes to you when you think of Doug Hubbard

No specific memory (there are 4-5 Haysi wins that im partial to lol) I just remember Honaker as a physical, aggressive, and well prepared team EVERY SINGLE TIME they stepped on the field. Says a lot for the man 

That Haysi & Honaker rivalry in my opinion is the best rivalry in Southwest VA. So much rode on that game back in the day. The looser would sometimes finish the season 9-1 or 8-2 and missed the playoffs all cause of a bad playoff system. Seeing Hubbard and Colley go at it all those years has produced some great memories!

14 hours ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

That Haysi & Honaker rivalry in my opinion is the best rivalry in Southwest VA. So much rode on that game back in the day. The looser would sometimes finish the season 9-1 or 8-2 and missed the playoffs all cause of a bad playoff system. Seeing Hubbard and Colley go at it all those years has produced some great memories!

Gonna be tough to top PV/Appy

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

Yeah I'm a little biased but that one is tough to top.  Literally knew people who came from the Richmond area to watch tha one.

Plus, for such a small.area, the schools produced a ton of D1/NFL talent plus what, 16 state titles?

Just now, BigWinners said:

Plus, for such a small.area, the schools produced a ton of D1/NFL talent plus what, 16 state titles?

14 titles I think but Appy would've had 4 or 5 in the 60s if they had a state playoff system then but whose counting