Fall 2021 Covid "moves"

VHSLhelper

A friend from college contacted me this morning as I didnt know he had transferred to another school to help coach.  Pineville, KY has missed their first two games due to COVID issues with their opponents.  I made them aware Grundy didnt have a game this week due to a contract issue.  Wasn't sure if they would be out of quarantine or not.  If another A school from the area is  in need they may be someone to reach out to.

KY 4A #2 Johnson Central of Paintsville needs a game.
Aren't playing some BS school from Ohio for some reason.

------

Pike Co. shut down schools due to staffing issues.
Pike Central said 'no school? then no practice, and no home game.'
So 4A #9 Letcher Co. Central picked up A #1 Pikeville - at HOME!!!
Moving Paintsville up MIGHT pay off.

36 minutes ago, Gfan said:

Graham @ Bluefield officially moved to 10/8 at 7:30pm

Thinking I will skip our game with Carroll county and head up to Bluefield to see this contest, and hopefully Radford vs Carroll is on NHFS so I can follow this one on my phone.  I hate it that the Bluefield and Graham game was postponed for both communities and the kids, fans, alums, but it actually works for me in giving me a chance to get up there that day.

Folks may want to check out Carroll at some point this season. They have four transfers being recruited at a pretty high D1 level. Two from Tennessee and two from North Carolina. 

Benji Gosnell is one from East Surry in North Carolina. His brother Stephen is a redshirt-freshman slot receiver at UNC. You will see him tomorrow night against VT. Benji committed to Ohio State during his sophomore season but recently decommitted. He has 52 D1 offers including every SEC, ACC and B1G program. 

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

Folks may want to check out Carroll at some point this season. They have four transfers being recruited at a pretty high D1 level. Two from Tennessee and two from North Carolina. 

Benji Gosnell is one from East Surry in North Carolina. His brother Stephen is a redshirt-freshman slot receiver at UNC. You will see him tomorrow night against VT. Benji committed to Ohio State during his sophomore season but recently decommitted. He has 52 D1 offers including every SEC, ACC and B1G program. 

The one that’s at UNC - didn’t he transfer to Carroll for the preseason but then transfer back to Surry?

35 minutes ago, EH31 said:

The one that’s at UNC - didn’t he transfer to Carroll for the preseason but then transfer back to Surry?

One and the same. Benji also came to Carroll and went back in 2019. Their dad is a preacher. He moved to a church outside Hillsville a couple years ago. 

more other moves

Prestonburg @ PHELPS - moved to P'burg  due to flooding.

Sherman @ TUG VALLEY - moved to 8:00 @ Williamson's Lefty Hamilton Park
    due to facility issues at Tug (no lights).

James Monroe @ Charlottesville - moved to Fluvanna HS partly due to a busted water main at Theodose Stadium.

On 9/2/2021 at 7:59 AM, sixcat said:

A coworker of mine from Hillsville was telling me about Gosnell a few weeks back....I thought he was FOS lol

Of course, I've found out otherwise since. I can't make all the games, but that's damn sure one I won't miss now. 

• VHSLhelper featured and unfeatured this topic