Fall 2021 Covid "moves"

VHSLhelper

3 hours ago, EH31 said:

couldn’t find anyone to play?

Don’t think they tried. Sounds like they wanted to take the week off and just get a week of practice on fundamentals and early gameplan for Ridgeview. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I thought they’d want to get a road test in. Both road games this season have been either postponed or canceled. And the Ridgeview game is home. So the first time we leave Ernie Hicks will be going to Tazewell in 2 weeks. 

Hurley schedule update...

The Rebs will HOST Rye on Tuesday.
The Tues. 10/5 game @ Thomas Walker (was 9/3) is now off.
So the Rebs are looking for a Home game this coming weekend or they can work in something like a Tues. game sometime later on.

34 minutes ago, VHSLhelper said:

Hurley schedule update...

The Rebs will HOST Rye on Tuesday.
The Tues. 10/5 game @ Thomas Walker (was 9/3) is now off.
So the Rebs are looking for a Home game this coming weekend or they can work in something like a Tues. game sometime later on.

Why is the TW game off? Is TW in quarantine?

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I dont see why Graham and Bluefield dont just play each ofher 2 weeks in a row 

I’m not sure why George Wythe refused to play on Saturday when Graham offered. That would give GW four days of practice .  They’re out of Covid protocol tomorrow. Other teams have played with less practice including Graham. It doesn’t speak well of their staff in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’m not sure why George Wythe refused to play on Saturday when Graham offered. That would give GW four days of practice .  They’re out of Covid protocol tomorrow. Other teams have played with less practice including Graham. It doesn’t speak well of there staff in my opinion. 

I feel as if you should try to honor your commitments.  Moving back one day is not too much to ask.  Very questionable.  Maybe play them on  a Monday or Tuesday, the week of the Marion game.  Some teams are traveling long distances to play on very short notice.  I feel that if a game ia not found by tomorrow, there won't be one for Graham this week.

Idk what’s going on behind the scenes but how I see it is not playing this game will help GW in points if they find an opponent next week that they can beat. Graham is a very physical team and I’m sure any team other than Galax in 1C or 1D would avoid them at all cost. I hate it for Graham because this is going to hurt them. Hopefully they can find someone. Giles has been fortunate to not have to cancel any games this season or else we would likely be playing Graham this week since it’s our bye week. 

4 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Idk what’s going on behind the scenes but how I see it is not playing this game will help GW in points if they find an opponent next week that they can beat. Graham is a very physical team and I’m sure any team other than Galax in 1C or 1D would avoid them at all cost. I hate it for Graham because this is going to hurt them. Hopefully they can find someone. Giles has been fortunate to not have to cancel any games this season or else we would likely be playing Graham this week since it’s our bye week. 

I feel as your statement has a lot of merit and truth to it.  Avoiding Graham and a Gaurantee loss and therefore dividing by less games for points gives them a edge for playoffs which is crap if that is the case. Maybe not, I hope not. But if so that's just bad. Take the Galax team that had to open against Glenvar after missing a week of practice and a scrimmage then turn around and play Graham with out their whole receiver Corps  and so one said six totla starters.  Which can certainly come back to hurt them in playoffs the way Giles and Chilhowie  is playing currently. 

5 minutes ago, Topper22 said:

I feel as your statement has a lot of merit and truth to it.  Avoiding Graham and a Gaurantee loss and therefore dividing by less games for points gives them a edge for playoffs which is crap if that is the case. Maybe not, I hope not. But if so that's just bad. Take the Galax team that had to open against Glenvar after missing a week of practice and a scrimmage then turn around and play Graham with out their whole receiver Corps  and so one said six totla starters.  Which can certainly come back to hurt them in playoffs the way Giles and Chilhowie  is playing currently. 

You only get so many guaranteed games in high school and ducking a team an losing a game to me isn’t worth it! U don’t get better by beating soft teams! GW could have played graham Saturday from what I’ve been hearing and they chose not to!! Even with a loss they still will make the playoffs! Kudos to Galax for going out 7 players down and playing! That’s how you get better! Not sitting around for a month and doing nothing like GW will be doing!! Iron  sharpens iron!!!

42 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Just about every team in this area has played on little to no practice due to covid. I don't understand what the problem is with GW. Surely their field is available on Saturday.  Referee issue? 

should be a poll to see which teams avoid COVID delays the longest. Probably a handful of NETN and SWVA teams that have successfully played a full season so far without any Covid delays of their own fault 

44 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Just about every team in this area has played on little to no practice due to covid. I don't understand what the problem is with GW. Surely their field is available on Saturday.  Referee issue? 

No referee issue That I heard of! It’s sucks for the kids to lose a game for no reason what so ever! I heard today graham did reach out and was told no! Not sure if that’s true.  Yes graham is good and has a 99% chance to win! Playing them would have helped GW in the long run!!