Fall 2021 Covid "moves"

VHSLhelper

2 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

A damn message board means nothing to a coach or adminstrator.  Do you think their decisions are based on this board or have, remotely any action, in their decisions!  I know some definitley read the board, but they could care less!  

I think FoxTrot is a GW coach 👀

3 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Were they planning on holding practice Saturday and Sunday to prepare for their game on Monday? 😂

No way to know this, but it sounds to me like George Wythe offering to play Monday so they could "practice" was a saving face attempt.  They knew Graham had Bluefield on the next Friday and knew that offering to play Monday would result in an obvious no.  Well played attempt by George Wythe, but one easy to see through.

57 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

You may be right! I’m sure they don’t care what a bunch of nobody sports board junkies think but I bet a lot of them read it & it helps us fans vent 😂😂😂

They care! I was called into a meeting about my posts on here! Why coaches get on here and care what is posted and get butt hurt is beyond me! This is for fans to vent! Coaches should have more to worry about than what’s posted on here! Hahaha

37 minutes ago, Jollay, living rent free said:

I know coaches get on here for a fact! I got called into the principle office with a coach over posts on here hahaha 

You got called into the principal’s office..dang, that’s messed up! 😂😂😂 Kind of shines a whole new light on the GW/Graham cancellation 😂😂😂. The coach might want to grow a thicker skin. You might get called in for a return visit! 😂😂😂 Heck, I’d probably get called in if they knew me for what I’ve said about them not being willing to play Graham. Can you just take my punishment? 😂😂😂

55 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I agree...some act like entire world is tuned into this message board lol

And some act as if High School Coaches are infallible, multi-millionaires who run an NFL type football team, live hundreds of miles of way in the big city and talk to media everyday, and have to adjust for the salary cap and are grading which kids should be drafted and who they get with the 5th pick.  The fact is, High School Coaches are are friends, uncles, nephews, brothers, son's, and fathers and live next door, speak to the newspaper about 7 times per year, don't get paid well, and have a reputation in the small Appalachian community like the rest of us of which we know each others step.  You would be nuts to think that not just a high school coach doesn't care what is said about in.  The fact is, by human nature, almost ALL humans actually do care, at least at some level, what people think of them.  Now, do High School Coaches and AD's make decisions based on a message board post?  The overwhelming percentage of the time, that answer is clearly NO.  But, I would bet not just a few, but MORE than 1/2 of a High School Coaches in the area either read, or at LEAST have knowledge of what was said on this board about them.  It's a wonderful world view and an emotional old statement to slam the ole fist on the table and say, I don't give a dam% what they say about me on the internet!!!!  Fact is, it's not true.  Most people DO care.

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Apparently, Union couldn't find a 10th game to fit the schedule and had to pay TW to play them. I've heard numbers between $2,000 - $5,000 going to the Pioneers. Not sure of the exact payment. Bear fans weren't very happy about it.

This game is actually gonna turn out better for Union than the Burton game for points but still shouldn't be playing someone like TW

Just now, Mountain Football said:

Was this game scheduled because of covid or was it done from the beginning of the year?

It was scheduled apparently couldn't find anyone else to play.  Probably done with KY schools so stuck with them I guess

48 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

And some act as if High School Coaches are infallible, multi-millionaires who run an NFL type football team, live hundreds of miles of way in the big city and talk to media everyday, and have to adjust for the salary cap and are grading which kids should be drafted and who they get with the 5th pick.  The fact is, High School Coaches are are friends, uncles, nephews, brothers, son's, and fathers and live next door, speak to the newspaper about 7 times per year, don't get paid well, and have a reputation in the small Appalachian community like the rest of us of which we know each others step.  You would be nuts to think that not just a high school coach doesn't care what is said about in.  The fact is, by human nature, almost ALL humans actually do care, at least at some level, what people think of them.  Now, do High School Coaches and AD's make decisions based on a message board post?  The overwhelming percentage of the time, that answer is clearly NO.  But, I would bet not just a few, but MORE than 1/2 of a High School Coaches in the area either read, or at LEAST have knowledge of what was said on this board about them.  It's a wonderful world view and an emotional old statement to slam the ole fist on the table and say, I don't give a dam% what they say about me on the internet!!!!  Fact is, it's not true.  Most people DO care.

Sure

11 hours ago, Jollay, living rent free said:

I know coaches get on here for a fact! I got called into the principle office with a coach over posts on here hahaha 

OMG 🤣🤣 That's sad, but hilarious lol!

In thinking about this, though, there aren't a ton of us GW posters on here (I can't think of but three of us off the top of my head). I've never easily gotten the impression that anyone was a coach. I can't help but wonder if they didn't get themselves a patsy so you didn't feel singled out. 

Back on track here...What I heard again from a reliable source, was that yes GW offered for Sat with the requirement of masks be worn.  Graham said no to that and wanted to wait until Mon when that mandate was lifted and GW said no. So...

9 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Back on track here...What I heard again from a reliable source, was that yes GW offered for Sat with the requirement of masks be worn.  Graham said no to that and wanted to wait until Mon when that mandate was lifted and GW said no. So...

Masks be worn while playing????? 

16 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Apparently, Union couldn't find a 10th game to fit the schedule and had to pay TW to play them. I've heard numbers between $2,000 - $5,000 going to the Pioneers. Not sure of the exact payment. Bear fans weren't very happy about it.

If I ever hear someone question Thomas Walker's weak out of district schedule again, just read this statement above. We are dammed if we schedule teams around us that are weak and we are dammed if we schedule teams that are strong. Hell, we are lucky if any team around us wants to schedule a H/A series. Get over yourself and thank us for the #1 seed you will receive in the state semi from our powerpoints.