Fall 2021 Covid "moves"

VHSLhelper

40 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

FootBallOnly.com!

It's like a dating site for Covid shafted teams. You swipe left on teams that might beat you and swipe right on other teams that you're compatible with for an easy "score" 😉. If you both have the same open week, it's a MATCH!

You may be on to something there

16 hours ago, goose111874 said:

Where do they find these teams I've never heard of them

Sequoyah has one heckuva a HS band.  They were at one competition RC was at year before last.  First time I had ever heard of them and still wasnt sure where they were from.

Updated Varsity Football Schedule:
Tuesday, October 19th Hurley @ Honaker (Homecoming Game) 7 pm
Friday, October 22nd Honaker @ Patrick Henry 7 pm
Friday, October 29th Northwood @ Honaker (Doug Hubbard Tribute Night) 7:30 pm
Wednesday, November 3rd Honaker at Twin Valley 7 pm

7 minutes ago, VHSLhelper said:

And week 9 starts out with ...

Auburn @ Galax is 'PPD' - Maroon Tide looking for a game.

1 minute ago, CPF said:

Call bluefield

Now this would be a game I’d go watch granted Graham wasn’t playing at the same time. 

20 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

So basically schools are now allowed to cherry pick who they want to play and who they don't. Leaving those that they don't want to play screwed.

Yep...doubt many teams wanna help Freddie get the games needed to make playoffs

51 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I believe Graham asked Bluefield to play twice when George Wythe canceled. Bluefield declined. 

Bluefield wasn't going to play the most important game on 3 days practice. Let's not forget the favor Bluefield did Graham by not taking a forfeit in week 1. The road to the 2A championship game would be going through Appomattox and not Bluefield.

13 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Bluefield wasn't going to play the most important game on 3 days practice. Let's not forget the favor Bluefield did Graham by not taking a forfeit in week 1. The road to the 2A championship game would be going through Appomattox and not Bluefield.

1 hour ago, Bluefield researcher said:

I’m appreciative they rescheduled the game. I hope they find another one so they can participate in the playoffs. Unfortunately, Graham played the most important game of their season in the spring with less than three days of practice. Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn. I hope that game proved to be a great learning experience for them as post season approaches this fall. 

14 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Even if Graham lost to Bluefield, they would still be the #1 seed in Reg D, and likely 1.6 points ahead of Appo in the final rating. Appo has a week schedule this year. Had Radford beaten Galax, they would have been very close to matching Appo's rating, even with the extra loss.