Fall 2021 Covid "moves"

VHSLhelper

19 minutes ago, VHSLhelper said:

uL8MCqd8_normal.jpg

Due to the possibility of incoming weather, the kickoff time for tonight's game at Virginia High School has been moved from 8:00 to 7:00.

Wow, finally some AD's being proactive and realizing that with Covid, a game can be cancelled at anytime, and then you add in weather, and you realize there's little margin for error.  Hats off to them for actually moving the game UP.  

@BulletinSport · 1h
Tonight's Martinsville High School football game at Tunstall has been postponed until tomorrow.

@gilesspartans · 33m
An announcement will be made on if the football game this week will be played or not tomorrow.

11/1's GW-Danville @ Dinwiddie has been CCD 

On 10/23/2021 at 6:08 PM, VHSLhelper said:

The 11/2 Bath Co. @ Alleghany make-up from 9/3 has been moved to this Tuesday, 10/26, @ 7 pm..

Guessing they'll soon say last's night Craig @ Bath will be made up on 11/2.

Yep - they sure did.

Auburn @ Giles - CCD

and it's now protect-the-field season ...

@Hayes_BHCSports  · 1h
#VHSL Football: John Battle’s game at Lee High will now be played on Thursday per Battle officials

also Thursday...
Staunton @ Riverheads
Stuarts Draft @ Fort Defiance 
Spotswood @ Broadway 
Strasburg @ Page Co.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:37 PM, oldfool said:

Hope somebody informs NFHS of the change so maybe it will be streamed.

The host schools AD is generally who setups the NFHS broadcast.  I think the system will say a broadcast is ready within 20 minutes of it being setup even if its last minute, but I have seen them rolling live much faster than that anyway.

On 10/27/2021 at 7:53 AM, 1inStripes said:

The host schools AD is generally who setups the NFHS broadcast.  I think the system will say a broadcast is ready within 20 minutes of it being setup even if its last minute, but I have seen them rolling live much faster than that anyway.

Are all NFHS cameras created equal or are there different kinds?  Some seem to be better than others

2 hours ago, packattack2021 said:

Are all NFHS cameras created equal or are there different kinds?  Some seem to be better than others

I can't say for sure, but I do believe there are different quality cameras in regards to what Pixelot offers.  Don't hold me to that but I believe last year I saw two variations on their website when trying to find what image sensors and resolutions they worked at.

3 hours ago, packattack2021 said:

I know Unions sucks.  Anything past 20 yards is missed and for some reason when a player walks past 50 they teleport to the 45

1 hour ago, 1inStripes said:

I can't say for sure, but I do believe there are different quality cameras in regards to what Pixelot offers.  Don't hold me to that but I believe last year I saw two variations on their website when trying to find what image sensors and resolutions they worked at.

No reason in this day and age that they shouldn't be at minimum HD 720p cameras

On 10/19/2021 at 2:40 PM, 1inStripes said:

I think it was a joke.

It was a joke, but VHSL's MO is the disprover, surely fragile ego based.  Incredibly, very quick to call out others for not paying attention. The poster was joking, but it flew over the head of VHSL in his quick angst to disprove; hence, doing the very thing he's quick to point out in others, and that is....not paying attention. 

32 minutes ago, VHSLhelper said:

Does not checking to see who posted the HAHA emojis as a reply qualify as "not paying attention"? 

Oh... and there's yet another thing you're wrong about... my MO is fact-checker. Been doing that for years... and some ppl. just HATE IT.  

I think your MO is providing a valuable data and valuable service to the board on updates that are very helpful.  I credit you for that.  I think your second MO is that you are a first class smart a** at times (not always, but at times), and I don't credit you for that.  We all suffer from being a smart A** at some point or another.  That includes me, but you seem to have a special talent with it.  I read on Vapreps where you were called out by multiple posters for exactly that, being a smart a**.  I don't post there, but I read it.  You are not as "benign" as you let on.   P.S.  Fact checking is awesome.  Opinion checking in the disguise of labeling it fact checking is.......well.....see sentence two.   It's not just being smart a**, it's being intellectually dishonest.........and some people, just hate it....when called on it.  Like I read on the other board, I think about 3 or 4 people called you out for it on VaPreps and I don't think all 4 people who probably don't know you are all wrong.  Odds of that are low.

Radford and Glenvar are still on for tomorrow night, but a decision to be made tomorrow AM by both AD's on whether to move the game to Saturday.  Heavy rain in the forecast for tomorrow night nearing 100 percent chance at kickoff, but down to 30 percent for a Saturday afternoon kickoff.  For now, same time, but could change tomorrow morning.  This info came from a Radford assistant coach.