Fall 2021 Covid "moves"

VHSLhelper

Is the Rye Cove season officially over or is that your take on how things are going.  If its official, I hate to hear that about their program and feel for the seniors who lost a short spring season and now an even shorter fall 2021.  

Re: Northumberland at Essex. Word out this way is Northumberland refused to play on Friday night as one of their students (who was on team suspension) was involved in an incident outside the stadium at the Sept. 24 EHS-K&Q game. Apparently, NHS would only play at 11 am on Saturday and no officials are available at that time. I'm sure someone else will have a different story from this one, but this is how I understand things went down.

4 hours ago, VHSLhelper said:

Richmond's John Marshall has also called it a year

Through the first 4 games going 0-4, they were down by a scoring margin of 221-6 which if we looked at every team, that's probably a first in the state of Virginia through 4 games for worst of the worst in margin disparity.

7 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Through the first 4 games going 0-4, they were down by a scoring margin of 221-6 which if we looked at every team, that's probably a first in the state of Virginia through 4 games for worst of the worst in margin disparity.

Blacksburg was probably close in the spring lol

4 hours ago, ImFromOutEast said:

2016 King & Queen Central was outscored 303-18 in its final 4 games.

How is that even possible? That's over 70 ppg allowed! It breaks down to 76-5 (75.75-4.5) average score. That's insane!

And to your other post, if that is true, can't Essex force a forfeit then? If Northumberland is refusing to play at the agreed upon time bc of factors not related to the on field situation, they should be forced to forfeit. 

Sad news out of Rye Cove and John Marshall.....hate it for the kids.  At least Rye Cove has a plan to finish out the season with a JV squad and help keep the program moving in a positive direction; that's a great move by the coaches and admin.

In terms of the Essex and Northumberland game/situation....THANK goodness we live in SWVA; we have our own issues sometimes but nothin like that crap shoot.  

21 hours ago, Tigerking21 said:

I believe TS will make up Castlewood. Rye Cove forfeited so I would think that's considered a W and no make up required.

so a coach would rather take a forfeit and not play another team? 

18 minutes ago, Dobb83 said:

According to what I read in the paper, they have to take the forfeit and can't schedule another game because it's a district game. Not sure why though.

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

According to what I read in the paper, they have to take the forfeit and can't schedule another game because it's a district game. Not sure why though.

for some reason that doesnt sound right. but they could play as non district just to play i would think

3 minutes ago, Dobb83 said:

for some reason that doesnt sound right. but they could play as non district just to play i would think

I would tend to agree, but this is from the BHC... “With it being a district game we have to take the forfeit, so it counts as a game on our record and we can’t add another game,” said Eastside coach Mike Rhodes. 

2 hours ago, Dobb83 said:

Paper reads as union_fan shared. I know they missed lee due to covid and couldn't reschedule with them and did add another opponent for later in the year. 

Bruton almost topped John Battle and King and Queen Central.  In 2018, Bruton started out the season 0-5 and the margin was 280-14.  The cancelled the rest of the season and this is before Covid was around.  John Battle is far more inexcusable though.  John Battle in 2001 was playing teams their size.  Bruton is a small Class 2A school (they were in 2018 anyway) playing in the Bay Rivers which is a very tough district and mostly 4A schools with a couple 3A schools and then 2A Poquoson.  And the other 2A school Poquoson and 3A Lafayette aren't chump change, so they at least have a little more of an excuse compared to Battle that year.  

TS was looking for a game to replace the RC game so I dont know that they have to take the forfeit.  It may be a timing thing though where Eastside would prefer not to lay extra games in to the middle of a week late in the season.

Bruton tried to up themselves in 2019 going 0-10, and losing by a margin of 512-50.  That's an average score for all ten games of 51 to 5.  Not crazy terrible is 51-5, but when you do that for 10 games, it speaks to the God awful.  Over their 15 game run in 2018-19, that's a total of 0-15 record and a margin of 796-64 which averages to a 15 game beating score of 53 to 4.  They have no business playing in that district.  

3 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

TS was looking for a game to replace the RC game so I dont know that they have to take the forfeit.  It may be a timing thing though where Eastside would prefer not to lay extra games in to the middle of a week late in the season.

You sure they ain't looking for a replacement for Jenkins instead? Just read your newest comment. Gotcha 

Tunstall @ GW-Danville - PPD

Jefferson Forest @ Liberty Christian - PPD

Central-Lunenburg @ Cumberland - PPD to Tues

playing tonight to beat the rain...
Halifax County @ Magna Vista  6:00
Nelson County @ William Campbell 6:00
Martinsville @ Chatham  7:00
Franklin County @ Staunton River 7:00