Fall '21 Benefit game updates

VHSLhelper

23 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

I watched Radford (live) against Alleghany and I was very impressed with the Bobcats from a speed perspective.  We are very fast and very athletic.  We aren't very big up front, but have solid technique.  Our QB is very, very talented.  Very raw, incredible athlete, but just needs more reps as a first time full time starter at the varsity level.  Alleghany is way down like usual, but I still think Radford looked very good and we are going to be tough to beat in our Region outside of Appomattox.  Judging by what we have this year and comparing it to other past years for ourselves and our Region, I just think Glenvar, Gretna, Dan River, etc, are going to have a tough time beating us this year.  I think we get there in the Region Championship to play Appo.  

I watched Richlands vs Grundy.  For the score to be that bad, I actually think Grundy looked pretty good up front.  Good technique and I think Grundy is going to win a bunch of games this year and maybe even challenge for a Region Title at the 1A level.  Now, as for Richlands, I think they looked scary good.  Only my opinion on this.  I've seen Radford, Graham, Abingdon, and now Richlands.  I think Richlands looked better than Graham and Abingdon.  I could be wrong.  I think Richlands just looks scary good up front on both sides of the ball.  They looked huge to me on NFHS and the QB is way, way, way improved.  He's improved to the point that colleges need to start taking a very close look.  It's clear that this kid has lost the baby fat and has grown into his body, and he looks about 230-240ish and moves WELL.  He throws it well.  The Richlands offensive line and defensive lines are huge and Richlands with Webb and Simmons have more than enough athleticism.   I know the conversation has been Graham and Union as frontrunners in Region D along with Central in that top realm and Ridgeview up there as well.  I think Richlands very Easily enters the mix as a frontrunner to win the region.  For the team that we (Radford) beat up pretty bad this spring by a 42-0 score, this Richlands teams looks light years better and to me, just one dude's take/opinion, Richlands would beat us (Radford) if the two teams played right now, and I'm saying that going on the notion that Radford has a very, very good football team.  That's how impressed I was seeing Richlands.  

Did the Radford Qb hurt his knee in practice? 

If anyone is interested..  

Coach Mance Loris Lions Football team playing St. James tonight at 7:00

www.tigerradio.com

Coach Mance team was in a 10 day quarantine due to Covid and missed playing two scrimmages.

Lions played in 6 - 7 on 7's this summer.  

Hopefully a good season

Not on NFHS, but if anyone  is a subscriber to Youtube, it is being streamed there

GO LIONS

13 minutes ago, tbgfan said:

If anyone is interested..  

Coach Mance Loris Lions Football team playing St. James tonight at 7:00

www.tigerradio.com

Coach Mance team was in a 10 day quarantine due to Covid and missed playing two scrimmages.

Lions played in 6 - 7 on 7's this summer.  

Hopefully a good season

GO LIONS

Meant to post this earlier...thanks for doing it...will be tuned in tonight hoping for a Lions win