Who's the Fastest Player in SWVA This Year?

V-Cats

My brother ran track for Radford in the 90s and competed against Lee High and Eric Satterfield. I think Johnny Satterfield is either his son or nephew. Eric played football at Lee High and was an All State RB and had stupid speed. Eric anchored the Lee 4x100 group that won the state title/finished first in the state of Virginia in either 98 or 1999.. It's no surprise Johnny is fast. He has solid genes.  I wrote this on Vapreps that Union has a D1 back in Lomax, and the backup in Satterfield could start at almost all but 1 or 2 schools in Region D and C at running back.

15 hours ago, V-Cats said:

My money is on either:

Sage Webb, Richlands

Stevie Thomas, Virginia High

Patrick Poku, Virginia High

Cassius Harris, Tazewell

I'm watching the Gate City vs Va High rerun and from the very first kickoff, I can surely say Stevie Thomas isn't the fastest in SWVA.  He may be the second fastest, but he got ran down by Carson Jenkins who came from way behind to run down Thomas on the opening kickoff.  Jenkins went for the strip at the 3 yards line but didn't make the tackle.  The play was negated by a penalty.  If you want to see how fast Jenkins is, that opening kickoff where Thomas runs the return back is a testament and Thomas is in full speed through the middle of field, has a big lead on Jenkins who is on the corner-"outside kickoff defense" and Jenkins has to come to a stop, then redirect his sprint the opposite way from a terrible angle to catch Thomas and he did.  He caught him rather easily.  I think Jenkins can play higher than William and Mary.  This kid is absolutely explosive.  From catches to runs to kickoff returns to defense.  He's a game changer.  

26 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

40 speeds: Carson Jenkins 4.4, Sage Webb 4.5, Stevie Thomas 4.52

40 times are great and all of you are looking for straight line speed if that’s the case then that order is 100% correct. Rarely in football do you get a clean start and get to run 40 yards with out anyone in your way. VA high had 4 or 5 of the top 8 in the 100 meter at the region track meet. But if you are talking game speed with getting in and out of cuts without losing speed I would go Stevie Webb Bradshaw then Jenkins.  

5 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

40 times are great and all of you are looking for straight line speed if that’s the case then that order is 100% correct. Rarely in football do you get a clean start and get to run 40 yards with out anyone in your way. VA high had 4 or 5 of the top 8 in the 100 meter at the region track meet. But if you are talking game speed with getting in and out of cuts without losing speed I would go Stevie Webb Bradshaw then Jenkins.  

https://twitter.com/coachpatt11/status/1419678083465023493?s=21    Jags is straight on. If your talking fastest 40 or straight speed, VA High has more of it and top speed than anyone in Region.  Football speed is different….I would put Bradshaw, Webb, and then Stevie Thomas. 

38 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

36 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

https://twitter.com/coachpatt11/status/1419678083465023493?s=21    Jags is straight on. If your talking fastest 40 or straight speed, VA High has more of it and top speed than anyone in Region.  Football speed is different….I would put Bradshaw, Webb, and then Stevie Thomas. 

I do understand the difference between straight-line speed and football speed.  I was just listing their 40 times as one factor to consider for the sake of the debate. 

47 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Any list for speed has to include Bradshaw, the one TD run against Abingdon, it looked like the defenders were standing still. 

Clements from Graham is not far behind. (If behind).  Straight away speed, I would love to see that race.  Side to side, Bradshaw for sure, but Clements not too shabby either.