Who's the Fastest Player in SWVA This Year?

V-Cats

On 8/20/2021 at 8:25 PM, Fairlawncat said:

My brother ran track for Radford in the 90s and competed against Lee High and Eric Satterfield. I think Johnny Satterfield is either his son or nephew. Eric played football at Lee High and was an All State RB and had stupid speed. Eric anchored the Lee 4x100 group that won the state title/finished first in the state of Virginia in either 98 or 1999.. It's no surprise Johnny is fast. He has solid genes.  I wrote this on Vapreps that Union has a D1 back in Lomax, and the backup in Satterfield could start at almost all but 1 or 2 schools in Region D and C at running back.

it's his son. Mason Polier was his nephew. 

Johnny is an athlete on the wrestling mat as well just like Eric was 

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Game speed: Bradshaw

Straight line: Jenkins

Two totally different things. Bradshaw may not run a better 40 than Jenkins but his ability to accelerate suddenly on the football field is top notch.  Va High may have the best collection of speed in the region, Graham right there and, after watching Bluefield the other night, so is Bluefield.  But is it game speed?   Football speed (the only speed that matters): Bradshaw.  Just my two cents.

Bradshaw is fastest football player, All around that I’ve watched the last few years.    Stevie Thomas , is close.  Webb and Beavers  are the 2 best route runners I’ve seen.  Va high , Graham , bluefield and Ridgeview have the biggest  collection of speed.  The football aspect of speed applies in the stop/ start and return game.  Webb and Bradshaw are lethal in that regard. .  They  probably have around 15 or 16 return  tds between them in their careers. And that’s with most teams kicking away from them. I’d say Thomas is right there with those 2.  No one should kick to them,  but occasionally they get one . Football speed is way more important on Friday nights.  Jenkins is fast but I’ve watched him twice and he doesn’t make cuts like Thomas or Bradshaw with the ball in his hands and isn’t as impressive  breaking  on the ball . Still a game changer.  Would have loved to see him on a more balanced team.   

8 hours ago, tiger2001 said:

Bradshaw is fastest football player, All around that I’ve watched the last few years.    Stevie Thomas , is close.  Webb and Beavers  are the 2 best route runners I’ve seen.  Va high , Graham , bluefield and Ridgeview have the biggest  collection of speed.  The football aspect of speed applies in the stop/ start and return game.  Webb and Bradshaw are lethal in that regard. .  They  probably have around 15 or 16 return  tds between them in their careers. And that’s with most teams kicking away from them. I’d say Thomas is right there with those 2.  No one should kick to them,  but occasionally they get one . Football speed is way more important on Friday nights.  Jenkins is fast but I’ve watched him twice and he doesn’t make cuts like Thomas or Bradshaw with the ball in his hands and isn’t as impressive  breaking  on the ball . Still a game changer.  Would have loved to see him on a more balanced team.   

The last few years? Then you never saw Cole Beck cause that young man was as fast as the speed of sound.

1 hour ago, RCITYHOO said:

The last few years? Then you never saw Cole Beck cause that young man was as fast as the speed of sound.

Elite straight-line speed, almost world-class, but that’s often not getting the job done when the pads go on.  Always thought Terry was the better player of the two…

• 3 weeks later...