Graham - Bluefield

Real Sasquatch

Both camps are keeping things pretty quiet.  Bluefield should have an explosive offense.  I have a feeling that Graham will have a nasty defense this year and plenty of offensive weapons as well.  This game has the potential to be an epic one.  There will be a LOT of talent on that field on the 27th. 

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Growing more concerned that this game gets cancelled... or re-scheduled.  I'm sure neither team would want to miss out on the ticket revenue and would rather re-schedule than cancel, if it comes to that.

Let’s hope for a good week. I saw Graham practicing Friday. That’s a good sign.

2 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Growing more concerned that this game gets cancelled... or re-scheduled.  I'm sure neither team would want to miss out on the ticket revenue and would rather re-schedule than cancel, if it comes to that.

I hope you're wrong on this one. I doubt it would be rescheduled. There's only so many weeks in a season. I'd say they'd be hard pressed to find a date that would work since they have other games to play. 

2 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I hope you're wrong on this one. I doubt it would be rescheduled. There's only so many weeks in a season. I'd say they'd be hard pressed to find a date that would work since they have other games to play. 

I agree, unless they played on a Monday or something.  Then they wouldn't get the big gate.

4 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I agree, unless they played on a Monday or something.  Then they wouldn't get the big gate.

They need the big gate from that game so they can afford to play at Mitchell the rest of the year. Without that game everyone in Mercer and Tazewell County will be picking up pop cans so the rent can be paid.

56 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

They need the big gate from that game so they can afford to play at Mitchell the rest of the year. Without that game everyone in Mercer and Tazewell County will be picking up pop cans so the rent can be paid.

They’re not quite that broke.  🙂

18 hours ago, Gfan said:

Let’s hope for a good week. I saw Graham practicing Friday. That’s a good sign.

They were out there Saturday morning too from what I heard. Best thing going for Bluefield right now is they aren't in school so the chance of quarantine is drastically lower than Graham.

I'd personally be shocked if the game happens but I'd say Bluefield has the upper hand. Lots of points in this one though I think.

Bluefield - 55

Graham - 33

39 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

"Meet the G men" has been cancelled for Thursday.  Hopefully the game will be played.

Hopefully, that’s just being proactive but Bluefield is at a definite advantage with school not being in session yet, maybe Tazewell County should have opted for post Labor Day start. 

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

Hopefully, that’s just being proactive but Bluefield is at a definite advantage with school not being in session yet, maybe Tazewell County should have opted for post Labor Day start. 

I agree.  If the game gets cancelled as well, I am hoping that it will at least be re-scheduled for later in the season. 

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

"Meet the G men" has been cancelled for Thursday.  Hopefully the game will be played.

I understand the G Men are practicing and weren't absolutely "not" able to play against Ridgeview and Graham is practicing.  So, it sounds like the Graham Head Coach is being super cautious and wants to make sure his kids are 100 percent ready to go for the Big Show against the Beavers. 

1 hour ago, Fairlawncat said:

I understand the G Men are practicing and weren't absolutely "not" able to play against Ridgeview and Graham is practicing.  So, it sounds like the Graham Head Coach is being super cautious and wants to make sure his kids are 100 percent ready to go for the Big Show against the Beavers. 

I'm not counting  any chickens just yet.  But I hope you are correct.

I think the game will happen for 1 reason. Money. Both schools missed out last year on that money. A lot of the other athletic programs rely on a decent portion of that Graham/Beaver money. What is it? $70,000 in ticket sales alone? Both schools can't take that hit 2 years in a row.

1 hour ago, -oo- said:

I think the game will happen for 1 reason. Money. Both schools missed out last year on that money. A lot of the other athletic programs rely on a decent portion of that Graham/Beaver money. What is it? $70,000 in ticket sales alone? Both schools can't take that hit 2 years in a row.

Agree.  But it would be a shame to have to play under-manned.