Graham - Bluefield

Real Sasquatch

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Graham's biggest issue is being in quarantine because a classmate tested positive that they sit near in class. 

I get better safe than sorry but Graham seems to overkill quarantine according to current CDC guidelines. They’re wearing masks all day. Is it even face to face contact for more than 15 minutes. I don’t think sitting near someone when both people are masked really constitutes mass quarantine but I’m no expert. If it’s that bad, why isn’t school shutdown at this point? What are the guidelines for Tazewell County? Are they being applied consistently at all schools? Of course, us keyboard warriors aren’t privy to all the details as far as positive tests, etc. I do believe it feels as though since this started last March, we kind of made it up as we go. 

Get vaccinated, again....no worries about CTE, or Lou Gehrigs Disease or Dementia which is supported by research related to football, but you will not take a vaccine that has now been approvedby the FDA.

After the quarantine, what about the other student that tests positive that happens to be in contact with non vaccinated members of the football team?  Who's to say it doesn't happen again at Graham the very first day out of quarantine?  This cycle will happen to all teams all year long unless......get vaccinated and you play. If not, there likely will be no season.

2 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Bluefield and Graham postponed until 10-8. Bluefield will not play Pikeview that day. It is Graham's off day

Hopefully Bluefield will get to pick up another opponent on their off week. I'm sure there will be plenty teams available.

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

I get better safe than sorry but Graham seems to overkill quarantine according to current CDC guidelines. They’re wearing masks all day. Is it even face to face contact for more than 15 minutes. I don’t think sitting near someone when both people are masked really constitutes mass quarantine but I’m no expert. If it’s that bad, why isn’t school shutdown at this point? What are the guidelines for Tazewell County? Are they being applied consistently at all schools? Of course, us keyboard warriors aren’t privy to all the details as far as positive tests, etc. I do believe it feels as though since this started last March, we kind of made it up as we go. 

Seems to me that the person who sat near could get tested and if it's negative they could play

16 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I would think the same. I think they’re even making vaccinated kids quarantine. 

If they are making vaccinated kids quarantine, then the season is over. No chance of a season. Covid will always have onesies and twosies around forever. The CDC says vaxd people do NOT have to quarantine, so if a school district is actually going above and beyond, then it's useless. No way possible to have a season of vaxd kids are quarantining. This was the push in pro football. Gets vaxd so you don't have to sit out if you have been exposed.

15 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

If they are making vaccinated kids quarantine, then the season is over. No chance of a season. Covid will always have onesies and twosies around forever. The CDC says vaxd people do NOT have to quarantine, so if a school district is actually going above and beyond, then it's useless. No way possible to have a season of vaxd kids are quarantining. This was the push in pro football. Gets vaxd so you don't have to sit out if you have been exposed.

I’m only referring to one particular school. Others may not be making vaccinated kids quarantine.

8 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’m only referring to one particular school. Others may not be making vaccinated kids quarantine.

I think if you come in contact with someone that tests positive you are pretty much quarantined regardless of vaccination status. So far that's the way it seems to be going. 

44 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I think if you come in contact with someone that tests positive you are pretty much quarantined regardless of vaccination status. So far that's the way it seems to be going. 

Which seems ridiculous to me but I only play a doctor on a sports forum 😂

1 hour ago, Mountain Football said:

Well, that's not what the CDC recommends.  The CDC recommends only people who have not been vaccinated to quarantine if they are exposed.  If you have had the vaccine and have an exposure (according to the CDC) you do NOT need to quarantine,  You can go about your daily business as usual (this includes attending school, practicing, and playing football) but you need to have a test in 3 to 5 days.  That's it.  Nothing else.  If the incentive to get the vaccine is not appealing regarding safety from a dangerous disease, then the other appeal for athletes in High School, College, and Professionally is the ability to NOT have to quarantine if you have been exposed.  This is one of the "selling" points of the vaccine pertaining to athletes at all levels.  

Here's where the problem is...........some kids on the football team choose not to get the vax.  They go to school and come into contact with a kid who doesn't play football, but has the virus and tests positive.  This means, the kids on the football team who have contact get to set for 10 days, and the rest of the kids on the football team who aren't vax'd who has been around those who got exposed also set.  This is how your football program shuts down for 10 days.  I would be really, really surprised if ANY school district in Virginia were actually making ALL kids quarantine who come into contact with the virus EVEN if they have had the vax.  I just can't hardly believe this.  I can't believe parents would tolerate that and just go about their business.  

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

That school needs some serious discussions with parents then.  That particular school is going above and beyond what the CDC recommends.  If that school actually has the policy of quarantining everyone who has an exposure Regardless of whether they have been vaccinated, then they may go 4 years without playing a football game.  There is always, always, always going  to be at least ONE in the school.  Covid will shortly die down from becoming a dangerous and deadly illness in the numbers we see it, but it's not completely leaving this planet.  It's going to be like the flu.  You can walk into any High School in the country and the odds are, your are going to have at least one kid infected with the FLU from Sept 1 to Dec 20th.  So, if the school is actually quarantining people regardless of vax status who come into contact with someone with Covid, then number one, the school's football team may not play a game for 4-5 years.  Number two, that school will likely meet online and not physically, for the remainder of one millennium. 

1 hour ago, Fairlawncat said:

That school needs some serious discussions with parents then.  That particular school is going above and beyond what the CDC recommends.  If that school actually has the policy of quarantining everyone who has an exposure Regardless of whether they have been vaccinated, then they may go 4 years without playing a football game.  There is always, always, always going  to be at least ONE in the school.  Covid will shortly die down from becoming a dangerous and deadly illness in the numbers we see it, but it's not completely leaving this planet.  It's going to be like the flu.  You can walk into any High School in the country and the odds are, your are going to have at least one kid infected with the FLU from Sept 1 to Dec 20th.  So, if the school is actually quarantining people regardless of vax status who come into contact with someone with Covid, then number one, the school's football team may not play a game for 4-5 years.  Number two, that school will likely meet online and not physically, for the remainder of one millennium. 

Yeah you can just about guarantee every school has at least 10 kids walking around with covid that doesn't even know it.  So you just have to hope no one gets tested because if a positive test comes back there's gonna be a football player in that class and if he's been to practice look out