Lebanon vs Honaker (The Coal Bowl)

Pioneer

I’m not sure. I’m believing it’ll be a good game. I can’t make up my mind weather or not I wanna go to this game, or to the Tazewell/VA/high game. Although I’ll always be a bulldog I live in Honaker now, and my brother in law is gonna play for them in high school. 

I would have said Lebanon by a lot until I saw the Wise Central score.. I know Wise was good I didnt think they were hold Lebanon under 100 total yards good. We will see how good Lebanon really is this Friday. I was thinking they would win the HOGO. 

My thoughts on both teams after the game. 

I think Honaker can win 7 games this season if they stay healthy. They have a solid team, and are vastly improved from last season. They are big upfront and have some athletes who can make plays. They are also well coached. This looked like a vintage type of tigers to me. 

Lebanon played better in the 2nd half. They have to cut down on the stupid mistakes, such as allowing onside kicks. I think honaker was successful on 3 of them. Turnovers were also a big problem. I don't think the Pioneers are bad, but those type of plays will haunt you. Lebanon also seemed predictable at times in their play calling. I know they were behind but they have a kid who can kick xps. They basically ran the same play on each 2pt attempt and failed every time.  The Pioneers are a young team this season. They basically replaced their entire backfield and lost some on defense. They have 15 Juniors on the team as well and only 3 seniors. My original prediction was that Lebanon could win anywhere between 5 and 7 games this season. After watching them im saying they win anywhere from 4 to 6 games. I am leaning towards 4 at the moment. 

Congratulations to Honaker on the win. 

Good luck to Lebanon against Patrick Henry Thursday. 

7 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

The Tigers moved the ball ok, but Doug needs to keep the QB on a short leash. The Lowe kid is a game changing athlete-need to get it to him as much as possible. 

Lebanon not nearly what they were last year. 

I think both Lebanon and Honaker are better than many think. The Pioneers are young but by no means are they a bad team. I think Honaker wins around 7 for Doug. That game was closer than the score indicated. Lebanon needed to hold on to interceptions that were dropped. If they had caught a couple of those it could have been a different outcome. The mistakes in the 1st half was the difference in this game.