GW vs Radford

5 hours ago, RCITYHOO said:

well may I be the first to say GOOD LUCK WITH THAT

What makes  you think Radford is Good. I watch that film against Allegheny they killed you guys with pass and if they weren’t so slow they could have scored a few times. Alleghenies linebackers were in the hole just about every time but they can’t tackle. They were pretty bad! 8  ur qb is fast and a good qb from what I could tell but he shys away from contact on offense and defense. 22 is probably your best football player. He is all over the field on D he is solid. I think u will be surprised at our team speed on d and I know we tackle a lot better than allegheny. This game will be a lot  closer than  people think.  

I thought we dominated Allegheny on both sides of the ball both up front and at the skilled positions. George Wythe is athletic and if we don't come to play, we will get beat.  I believe George Wythe will have a very tough time moving the ball. I also think our special teams will come up big this year. We have some kids that can run and hopefully it shows on special teams with punt and kick returns. I'm hoping for safety and that we get to play Wytheville because Covid is always a concern literally one hour until kickoff.  Beat wishes for both teams in staying Covid free pre game and injury free during game.

2 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

I thought we dominated Allegheny on both sides of the ball both up front and at the skilled positions. George Wythe is athletic and if we don't come to play, we will get beat.  I believe George Wythe will have a very tough time moving the ball. I also think our special teams will come up big this year. We have some kids that can run and hopefully it shows on special teams with punt and kick returns. I'm hoping for safety and that we get to play Wytheville because Covid is always a concern literally one hour until kickoff.  Beat wishes for both teams in staying Covid free pre game and injury free during game.

Not sure we watched the same game against allegheny. They were slow as fog of crap! Moving the ball I don’t think will be a problem for GW. Their qb might be one of the fastest on the field and their RB is a hammer. We will move the ball just fine. I see it the other way with u guys moving the ball. 8 is really all u have in O, u did get the running back from Pulaski but he looks like he wants to dance more than run. And if our D ends play they way they are taught 8 will have to sit in the pocket all night. With that being said they don’t it will be a long night. We will see 

32 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

Mike Crist is your coach….Good Luck on your Super Talent. That alone is worth 3-4 losses. 

I don't know if I would describe Radford as "Super Talent."  i wish we had Appo type talent, but our talent is ok/above average for a 2A school.   Hopefully Crist does a good job.  Time will tell. 

On 8/25/2021 at 6:33 PM, Fairlawncat said:

I don't know if I would describe Radford as "Super Talent."  i wish we had Appo type talent, but our talent is ok/above average for a 2A school.   Hopefully Crist does a good job.  Time will tell. 

3 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

Mike Crist is your coach….Good Luck on your Super Talent. That alone is worth 3-4 losses. 

I wrote this earlier. I'm happier with Crist.  I think he will do very well at Radford.  I've come to understand that after about 6 decades or 2 generations of football in Bristol, VA, it might not actually be the coaches that are all bad apples, especially when guys that have been there have done remarkably well at other places, ie. Paul Wheeler.  Therefore, no offense to Virginia High, but I'm going to side or error on the benefit of the doubt with Crist, and not error on the benefit of the doubt that Virginia High got another Coach that isn't very good.  At some point, after about 2 generations, the problem with not winning at Virginia High might not be all of the coaches that have been there.  It might actually be.......Virginia High.  

16 hours ago, GDUB said:

What makes  you think Radford is Good. I watch that film against Allegheny they killed you guys with pass and if they weren’t so slow they could have scored a few times. Alleghenies linebackers were in the hole just about every time but they can’t tackle. They were pretty bad! 8  ur qb is fast and a good qb from what I could tell but he shys away from contact on offense and defense. 22 is probably your best football player. He is all over the field on D he is solid. I think u will be surprised at our team speed on d and I know we tackle a lot better than allegheny. This game will be a lot  closer than  people think.  

Just messing with ya, I know nothing about Radford football (my dog is gone) but from pass experience I'm sure it will be a good game, always is.

16 hours ago, GDUB said:

Not sure we watched the same game against allegheny. They were slow as fog of crap! Moving the ball I don’t think will be a problem for GW. Their qb might be one of the fastest on the field and their RB is a hammer. We will move the ball just fine. I see it the other way with u guys moving the ball. 8 is really all u have in O, u did get the running back from Pulaski but he looks like he wants to dance more than run. And if our D ends play they way they are taught 8 will have to sit in the pocket all night. With that being said they don’t it will be a long night. We will see 

I don't think Wesley-Brubeck will be back for this game but I heard he was released by the Dr.  He is a big piece that Radford needs on both sides of the ball.  I would say Radford wins for sure if he plays.  I think the only way GW wins is by passing the ball.    Radford is really young but has lots of talent in that sophomore class.  I expect a close game with either team with a chance to win.

Man don’t be shocked if we roll up 200 on the ground and 150 in the air! We have 1 senior on our team. 10 juniors 10 sophomores and rest freshmen. Plus our best bar none athlete is out till oct after tearing acl in the spring. His twin brother is the qb! Now if he was there, Katy bar the door! 

21 hours ago, GDUB said:

Man don’t be shocked if we roll up 200 on the ground and 150 in the air! We have 1 senior on our team. 10 juniors 10 sophomores and rest freshmen. Plus our best bar none athlete is out till oct after tearing acl in the spring. His twin brother is the qb! Now if he was there, Katy bar the door! 

I forgot about the twins but shouldn't have from JV game a few years ago.  They were really good.   

On 8/25/2021 at 6:09 PM, GDUB said:

George Wythe is young and has plenty of talent.  I understand George Wythe only returns 4 starters on O and 4 on Defense according to folks I spoke with.  George Wythe is another team like Giles that is one year away from being very good.

Oh know we suck again lol! Congrats to Radford! Their coach had them ready and unfortunately I’ve seen the last 5 years I’ve been here our coach once again let our kids down! We are so out of shape it’s sad! But hey I was told by our coaches a play only last 4 seconds no need to condition! Well after about a quarter and half our kids had hands on hips and dragging ass! 20 minutes they were so tired! Thanks coach! But that being said congrats Radford and good luck

On 8/27/2021 at 11:06 PM, GDUB said:

Oh know we suck again lol! Congrats to Radford! Their coach had them ready and unfortunately I’ve seen the last 5 years I’ve been here our coach once again let our kids down! We are so out of shape it’s sad! But hey I was told by our coaches a play only last 4 seconds no need to condition! Well after about a quarter and half our kids had hands on hips and dragging ass! 20 minutes they were so tired! Thanks coach! But that being said congrats Radford and good luck

Gw-fort may be good game