Ridgeview @ JI Burton

Observer

Hard to say 

Both teams got screwed by COVID last season or this could quite possibly be a meeting between A and AA region D Champs.

I think it will be a good measuring stick for both teams

I think Ridgeview's size & depth is JIB problem here. I know JIB has a lot of players back and their going be one of the top 1A teams in the area along with Galax & Rural Retreat. So, I believe they have all the potential to play this game close or pull an upset.

3 minutes ago, Counts said:

Any particular reason?

I feel like Burton returns quite a bit of talent and they view this as a much bigger game. I may be wrong, but RV still has Abingdon, Wise and Union ahead. This is Burtons second biggest (or biggest) game all year, I think they'll be motivated to prove they're a legit threat in 1D. I'm not sure on RV, with the COVID stuff last year, I just didn't see them as much so I'm not sure what to expect. Then there's the Adkins void, teams don't usually lose a player of that caliber and improve.

But again I've been wrong over the years way more than I've been right so anyone actually listening to me, I question their sanity.

5 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I feel like Burton returns quite a bit of talent and they view this as a much bigger game. I may be wrong, but RV still has Abingdon, Wise and Union ahead. This is Burtons second biggest (or biggest) game all year, I think they'll be motivated to prove they're a legit threat in 1D. I'm not sure on RV, with the COVID stuff last year, I just didn't see them as much so I'm not sure what to expect. Then there's the Adkins void, teams don't usually lose a player of that caliber and improve.

But again I've been wrong over the years way more than I've been right so anyone actually listening to me, I question their sanity.

Losing Adkins is huge no doubt 

I'm watching Ridgeview and JI Burton.  I did not see Ridgeview this spring (2021), but I did seem them in 2019 of the fall.  Does anyone know if they changed over offensive coordinators during this timeframe?  Their offense looks Light Years more advanced from both a scheme and play calling perspective, just totally different and much, much better.  Did they do anything different from 2019 to present on offensive coaching?  Ridgeview looks very, very, very good, as in....Union good on the line of scrimmage and they got some guys that are playmakers at the skilled positions.  The thing that impresses me most about them is their offensive scheme/play calling and sets.  Way advanced beyond most 2A schools in Virginia in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Fairlawncat said:

I'm watching Ridgeview and JI Burton.  I did not see Ridgeview this spring (2021), but I did seem them in 2019 of the fall.  Does anyone know if they changed over offensive coordinators during this timeframe?  Their offense looks Light Years more advanced from both a scheme and play calling perspective, just totally different and much, much better.  Did they do anything different from 2019 to present on offensive coaching?  Ridgeview looks very, very, very good, as in....Union good on the line of scrimmage and they got some guys that are playmakers at the skilled positions.  The thing that impresses me most about them is their offensive scheme/play calling and sets.  Way advanced beyond most 2A schools in Virginia in my opinion.

The QB is a freshman and they recently went thru a coaching change. This new up tempo, passing offense has knifed Burton all over. I was way way wrong about this game. 

To me this puts the rest of 2D on notice. Ridgeview is back and ready to make a run. Beating one of the better 1D teams on paper like a drum, very impressive.

2 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

The QB is a freshman and they recently went thru a coaching change. This new up tempo, passing offense has knifed Burton all over. I was way way wrong about this game. 

To me this puts the rest of 2D on notice. Ridgeview is back and ready to make a run. Beating one of the better 1D teams on paper like a drum, very impressive.

Agree BigWinners.  Ridgeview is legit and just my opinion only, a noticeable difference offensively from when I last seen them.  I heard the announcer say the QB is a freshman.  Somebody needs to start calling the colleges or the colleges need to take notice.  This kid has college football written all over him.  

33 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I’ve been gently trying to say this for a couple weeks, but 1D is simply neither strong nor deep this season.

20 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I’ve been gently trying to say this for a couple weeks, but 1D is simply neither strong nor deep this season.

If Burton truly is that best they have to offer, then either RV is a state title contender or 1D STINKS.  Def seems like the latter right now. I think RV is much better than I thought but the fact Burton could generate zero offense doesn't speak positively for them whatsoever.

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

If Burton truly is that best they have to offer, then either RV is a state title contender or 1D STINKS.  Def seems like the latter right now. I think RV is much better than I thought but the fact Burton could generate zero offense doesn't speak positively for them whatsoever.

M7 is going be a killing field this year with Union, Central, Ridgeview & Abingdon. Hopefully Covid don't ruin it.

4 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

M7 is going be a killing field this year with Union, Central, Ridgeview & Abingdon. Hopefully Covid don't ruin it.

You're not kidding. These teams are gonna have to go thru a gauntlet to win it this year. I can't imagine any of the three 2D teams running the table so whoever wins the SWD (Graham) will likely get the top seed and home field but who ever makes it out of the M7 on top will be battle tested to the max. I wasn't as high on RV coming in but I was way off . Way off. They were impressive as hell tonight.

4 hours ago, BigWinners said:

1C vs Riverheads

7 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

The Offensive Coordinator From Ridgeview use to be the OC at CD Hylton in Woodbridge...This is the same offense that Travon Mcmillian ran as a High School QB also Coached Donavan Williams in the same system and Dominique Miller...OC and Head Coach have been friends for years...This is a hard working well experienced coaching staff at Ridgeview. They will be prepared week in and week out on both sides of the ball