Week 1 updates

BearsFan88

1 hour ago, VHSLhelper said:

Could Bluefield play tom. night?
POSSIBLY 
Would Bluefield play tom. night?

Pikeville is what I am hearing. They're paying $3000 and offering to feed a team if they can get a game on Saturday.

This is not official by any means but I think Bluefield's hands are tied because they still intend to play the 10 games on the schedule. They still want to work out the game with Graham but with the uncertainty of being able to do that they want to leave the Pikeview game on the schedule. I MAY BE WRONG. So even though there is unfortunately a good chance they will not be able to play all 10 of those games the powers that be will not allow 11 games to be scheduled even if all 11 are not eventually played.

King William (Class 2) at Goochland (Class 3) tonight at 7pm on NFHS

A heck of a game out East tonight that could possibly feature two teams that play for state titles in their respective classifications.   King William at Goochland tonight at 7 pm live on NFHS Network.  The folks from King William are talking state title appearance and representing from the East to play in Salem.  They feature a top 25 nationally ranked running back with offers from Michigan, Virginia, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, and WF.  He is committed to Wake Forest.  Goochland is always tough and much more will be known about King William after tonight's game with Goochland. 

58 minutes ago, VHSLhelper said:

Where there's a will, there's a way. Or a trick. Or a work-around.

Esp. if it's worth 3 grand.

Graham - Bluefield brings in around 70 Grand just from the gate. Plus merchandise.  Im sure Bluefield would rather take the chance that they can play Graham, even if the crowd is somewhat diminished later in the season.  I don't think they drop another opponent either.

59 minutes ago, VHSLhelper said:

Where there's a will, there's a way. Or a trick. Or a work-around.

Esp. if it's worth 3 grand.

Nothing is worth losing the good will and working relationships with your friends and neighbors at Pikeview and Graham. Period.