Week 1 updates

BearsFan88

Vero Beach 20

Cocoa 13

Halftime 

Big WTF? moment with a minute to go in the half when Cocoa is faced with a 4th & 11 at their own 49....and decides it would be a good idea to go for it. They snapped it over the head of the QB and Vero took over at the 38. They wound up getting a FG block to end the half, but I absolutely don't understand Cocoa's strategy on that one.

Chilhowie coach Jeff Robinson nor the announcers seem to understand "Intentional Grounding" in high school. The rule is different than college. The tackle box is not a factor

Under NFHS rules, intentional grounding is a foul whenever a legal forward pass is thrown into an area not occupied by an eligible receiver, or when a pass is thrown to prevent a loss of yardage or to conserve time. ... The penalty is 5 yards from the spot of the foul and a loss of down

Halftime.  Radford 21, George Wythe 6.  Radford was down 6 to zip and 2 critical turnovers (fumbled punt returns) and 50 yards of penalties in the first half, but rallies with 3 straight touchdowns.  The QB for Radford is something special.  Quick as lightening and fast, likely a big time Div 1 Defensive/CornerBack

2 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Yep.  Stevie Thomas has 10 carries for 171 yards and 3 TDs.

That kid is impressive. He is gonna do big things for sure. I love seeing awesome talent like that. The dawgs offense cannot get in sync. And the defense can’t get nothing going either. I look for the second half to be about the same. 

23 minutes ago, tbgfan said:

At the Half

GC   7

Richlands 17

Richlands playing VERY vanilla tonight. Very few passes — and I haven’t seen one attempted over 10 yards. 

Methinks the playbook is being shielded for next week…